What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Take on u$c vs az game

BuffUp

Club Member
Club Member
my take was - usc has some big fast kids, tough against the run vs carey, really banged up at the WR position they have started moving DB's over to help out, QB play looked good against az, run game looked solid.
az looks very beatable, richrod looked disappointed in his team, QB plays like a point guard in basketball and keeps the ball a lot on the zone read, not much at the WR position that stood out, carey is good as usual and a load to bring down, DL and LB's nothing really stood out...

hard to stay awake that late anymore

Arizona does look beatable, and we have them here. I will be disappointed if we lose that game.

I only see 2 'for sure' losses coming up...Washington and UCLA. Other than that, who knows? If this team can put a complete game together in all 3 phases, instead of playing well in 2 each game, we could make a mini run. But not betting on it.

I think Zona fully expected to walk with an easy win in this game because of the coaching change. Little did they know that that is almost the exact opposite of what happens in similar cases ( the team usually comes out emotionall charged). I wonder if this will have a downward spiral effect on Zona.

USC will also come down to earth as the coaches start polishing their resumes, although I'm not sure if it will be enough for a CU win.

The next three games for Zona are: Utah, @ CU, @ Cal. Those three games will define their season because UCLA, Oregon, and ASU loom in November.

With USC, we caught a break being sandwiched between Stanford and UCLA on their schedule. You know they will be "up" for both of those games. Will they be mentally drained in Boulder?

Maybe UCLA and UW are the only remaining 'for sure' losses, but there's not going to be a single game - even Cal - where I'm not going to severely surprised if we lose. If for no other reason that the fact that we still have a long way to go before I think we're good enough to take a single conference game as a 'should-win'.

I should add that I mean conference games. We better beat the **** out of Charleston Southern.

Back