What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Take your hand off the panic button....

I know you know this, as a fellow Blind Melon fan, but Shannon Hoon on Don't Cry, on the rooftop.
shannon_dc.jpg

No I didn't know! I will check it out after work. Mahalo

i'm panicking and none of you can stop me! back away. just back away!

I have to admit after the first two sentences I quit reading since I immediately recognize it as another thread telling me what opinions I can and cannot hold as it pertains to this CU team.

Is it too hard for some to understand that not everyone can jump up and down with joy just because we stayed within three scores of an unranked team? Over the last decade I have developed a fair amount of emotional scar tissue where the CU football team is concerned but the disappointment after the lost runs deep in me. The only way I start saying things are good is when we start winning some games.

Yes it hurts.... It hurts everywhere. It hurts in the wallet. It hurts in my head. It hurts on my back.....

My youngest is now 3 and it still hurts!

I have to admit after the first two sentences I quit reading since I immediately recognize it as another thread telling me what opinions I can and cannot hold as it pertains to this CU team.

Is it too hard for some to understand that not everyone can jump up and down with joy just because we stayed within three scores of an unranked team? Over the last decade I have developed a fair amount of emotional scar tissue where the CU football team is concerned but the disappointment after the lost runs deep in me. The only way I start saying things are good is when we start winning some games.
You just can't say that.

U sure got finicky in your old age Liver.

Hello philby. It has been ages. You can't quit us.

I ain't old. Finicky? That's a kindness. Bi-polar in the face of a decade and half of football adversity.

Win games against good teams....

I hear you and agree. This is for those that believe we are just as far off as last year like a ton of the idiots on the radio and the extreme haters. I need wins too. Better be at least two in October or some Angry Andy is coming out!

College football is a zero sum game. That alone is why you shouldn't invest too much emotionally.

Once you realize this then you see there is only upside for a program like CU.

I like the original post.

We are coming from deep in the basement. What I think we should look for is improvement year over year. And as long as we are seeing that we should stay behind Mac. And that doesn’t necessarily mean improvement in the won and lost column…right away. I definitely think last year was an improvement over year one and it remains to be seen whether this year will be an improvement over last year. But it will take a full season to make that call. We can’t be compared to other teams in the pac 12 that have replaced coaches because they didn’t have as far to travel as we do.

So far, year over year there have been improvements in recruiting, toughness, strength, cohesiveness, leadership, depth, player development, and cooperation with the university. These are all foundation improvements. The wins will come. I am not close to announcing Mac a failure. What he needs is more support. The replace Mac conversation should be benched for a couple years.

Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all

Back