1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talent Evaluation

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by dyemeduke, Mar 4, 2010.

1. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I admit, I thought it was a little suspect how Bz honestly told a bunch of players from RP's last class that they most likely would not get PT, and therefore, they should transfer. He also told some to just leave. It was odd. However...

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_14509868
    I thought Bay was good, but I guess Bz knew better. Silas could play, but Bz didn't like his attitude (he got in a little tussle with Roby on the court if you'll remember). JWill was the only one Bz really wanted, and he's doing great. The rest were let go, and they are not doing a whole lot...if anything.

I wll say Bz knows his job - now if he could only recruit a big...

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

RIF :lol:

Sorry Duke.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Great article!

I usually like Ryan's work, but this is even better than his usual article. I really felt like I got to know Dwight Thorne a bit while reading that piece. I'm very impressed that he'll be graduating in 4 years. Really tough to do as a basketball player, since your season stretches over both semesters. There seems to be so much love and respect for him from the other players and Coach. I can't wait for Saturday. It's going to be a very special senior day if we can send Dwight off with a .500 record (13-3 at home) in his final season.

Then it's on to the Big 12 tourney with postseason on our minds.

:gobuffs:

4. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Speaking of the postseason, I'm looking forward to the awards. OSU's Anderson is the likely POY, and I think Burks is right in the mix for FOY. He has much better numbers than Henry of KU and Bradley of UT, but those guys came in with more hype and play on good teams. We will see...

I did some quick research, and CU has never had a Big XII FOY. We have had one Big 8 NOY (Newcomer), which went to Shaun Vandiver in '89. The nature of the newcomer award helped Vandiver, who was technically a sophomore that year after transferring in from Juco.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

wow surprised that Billups wasn't the FOY.

6. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

great article. i'm sure dwight will get a great job as soon as he's done with his degree. i loved one of the comments as well, lets six-pack the coors tomorrow!

7. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

I thought the same thing. CB's freshman year in '96 was our last year in the Big 8. Couldn't dig up anything online and nothing was mentioned in the CU hoops history archives either.

8. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

looks like paul pierce was a freshman the same year, i would guess he probably won it.