What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TCU to Big East (Announcement Today)

I think you mixed up your schools. Fresno is already in the MWC. Hawaii is not, at least not in all sports.

You are right, I had forgotten about Fresno joining the MWC. Interesting that Utah State turned down an invitation to join the MWC, I wonder what they think about being in what is left of the WAC now.

Aren't Nevada, Fresno, Boise and Hawaii already in the MWC? And do they start play next year?

I wonder if the flyboys from Colorado Springs are fueling up the bombers to leave the MWC shortly and join BYU in indy ball?

I wonder if the flyboys from Colorado Springs are fueling up the bombers to leave the MWC shortly and join BYU in indy ball?

Would be a mistake and I think BYU made a mistake doing it as well too.

I just think it's funny how the MWC was pulling for a auto BCS bid from their conference the last couple years, now it's ok, no bcs, we'll go to were we can get an auto bcs, screwing the others like CSU.

I do feel bad for AFA, I could care less about the lammies. In fact I think it's hilarious.

Would be a mistake and I think BYU made a mistake doing it as well too.

I just think it's funny how the MWC was pulling for a auto BCS bid from their conference the last couple years, now it's ok, no bcs, we'll go to were we can get an auto bcs, screwing the others like CSU.

I do feel bad for AFA, I could care less about the lammies. In fact I think it's hilarious.

I think indy ball would be better for AFA...they will have much more scheduling flexibility because if the revamped MWC does nine conference games, the Falcons will have just one OOC game to fill every year since they play Army and Navy. If AFA goes indy, I think that dramatically increases CU's chances of playing AFA.

I think indy ball would be better for AFA...they will have much more scheduling flexibility because if the revamped MWC does nine conference games, the Falcons will have just one OOC game to fill every year since they play Army and Navy. If AFA goes indy, I think that dramatically increases CU's chances of playing AFA.

This.

Calhoun was outspoken a few years back about going Indy for scheduling purposes, but backtracked because of having BYU, Utah, and TCU in-conference as being good for the school to compete against.

Now, having an indy schedule with BYU, Notre Dame, Army, and Navy probably outweighs what they get in the MWC. Plus, Army-Navy-AFA could probably pool their TV football TV rights and get a decent deal with some games on national TV and others on regional TV + Armed Forces Network. AFA could then join the WAC or Big West in non-football sports.

I think the Big East "split" is inevitable now. The hoops schools were forced to accept TCU because the football schools would risk losing out on guaranteed BCS AQ status due to poor rankings during the review period. Getting TCU guarantees that they will keep their auto-bid.

Boise, Fresno, Nevada, and Hawaii are still far better off than they were in the WAC, but I'm sure that .mtn TV contract will be reviewed soon, especially if AFA goes Indy.

:rofl: CSU fans you still laughing at cu's move to the pac 10? Now you have the 3 best teams in your conference leaving and replacing them with wac schools.

Some moron on ramnation said it was cu's fault for not requesting csu as a partner in the move to the pac 12 :lol: :wtf:

Last edited:
:rofl: CSU fans you still laughing at cu's move to the pac 10? Now you have the 3 best teams in your conference leaving and replacing them with wac schools.

Some moron on ramnation said it was cu's fault for not requesting cu as a partner in the move to the pac 12 :lol: :wtf:

a double negative? or just redundant?

Some moron on ramnation said it was cu's fault for not requesting csu as a partner in the move to the pac 12 :lol: :wtf:

Good point, now we'll never see that titanic Lammie vs. Wazzu match-up.

Yeah wow. I wish we had that pull.

Best thing CSU could do is build their program and be ready when the next shoe of expansion drops. If you would have told me TCU would be a major program 10 years ago I would've laughed at you.

Yeah wow. I wish we had that pull.

Best thing CSU could do is build their program and be ready when the next shoe of expansion drops. If you would have told me TCU would be a major program 10 years ago I would've laughed at you.

I dont think they will have 10 years.

Back