What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ted Miller does a great summary of the Buffs' season

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Conclusion: we are a lot better, but it isn't showing that well yet because we were SO HORRIBLE the prior year. We have a solid upward trend everywhere but special teams (NEINAS HEYYYY)

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/67980/season-review-colorado-2

Overall: Colorado feels like a bad student who had been cutting classes and not trying for a number of years suddenly deciding to put in the necessary work in order to make a run at matriculating. That sort of student doesn't go straight from Fs to As. Improvement is a process. Last year, the Buffs lost Pac-12 games by an average of 30.7 points. This year, that number was down to 23.9. Probably not much comfort for long-suffering fans, but decidedly better. In 2012, the Buffs lost to little brother state rival Colorado State. This year, they beat the Rams. Last year, the Buffs lost to an FCS team. This year, they didn't. And there was no game as humiliating as the 69-14 whipping they suffered at Fresno State in 2012. Sure, the conference record was again 1-8. But the Pac-12 was as deep as it's ever been, and 1-8 is about what the preseason expectations was. What happened this year, however, suggests a long-struggling program on an uptick. In other words, there are grounds to believe next year at this time this grade will be on a tougher scale because the Buffaloes will begin to doff the title of conference patsy. Grade: C.

Colorado feels like a bad student who had been cutting classes and not trying for a number of years suddenly deciding to put in the necessary work in order to make a run at matriculating.

Scary how accurate that description is. Pretty much what we've been saying for years - that the admin has allowed the football program to fall into disarray.

I'm also impressed that Miller actually took the time to do his job and really analyze the program. He hit it square on the head. Compare to dumbasses like Hendo, who would have mailed in a score of "F - they still suck", or to the moron(s) who did the ESPN blog for the Big 12 who would have written something like "Colorado? they're not Texas, they don't count".

Wow, my memory is slowly being purged of all things related to the BigTex conference.

I was trying to recall the name of that burnt orange leanin', shiit eatin' writer from the former conference. I repped ya Nola since I couldn't (didn't want to) remember.

Wow, my memory is slowly being purged of all things related to the BigTex conference.

I was trying to recall the name of that burnt orange leanin', shiit eatin' writer from the former conference. I repped ya Nola since I couldn't (didn't want to) remember.

:lol: I actually had to look it up because I really wanted to say it was "Urban," but that might have been considered racist. Apparently he is working for Fox Sports Southwest now, which sometimes appears on my tv in New Orleans. Thankfully, I've yet to see him.

If we're no longer going to be the conference patsy, who is?

Everyone else is improving, too. My biggest fear is that the influx of cash that everyone is getting is going to lift all the boats, and we'll still be struggling to catch up.

It all rests on George's and Mac2's shoulders whether we can pass guys up or not.

I will have to say his grading system is weird. Oregon State got a D+ for Defense and we got a C. OSU did not have a good defense but they were a little better than we were.

I will have to say his grading system is weird. Oregon State got a D+ for Defense and we got a C. OSU did not have a good defense but they were a little better than we were.

I think he's taking into account things such as personnel and where these teams have been.

If we're no longer going to be the conference patsy, who is?

Everyone else is improving, too. My biggest fear is that the influx of cash that everyone is getting is going to lift all the boats, and we'll still be struggling to catch up.

It all rests on George's and Mac2's shoulders whether we can pass guys up or not.

Cal may be even worse that last year, I am not sure how much better we can expect WSU to be, and there is always a possibility osu, Arizona, asu, or even one of the other has a random disastrous season. All things considered, we have a lot more experience returning and more stability than a bunch of team in the PAC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ubben was a step up from the guy he replaced. I forget that dude's name. Bevo McTaintlicker or something like that.

His grade is too high IMO. It is what is is, and we mostly got hammered in conference play. If a C is average, that should mean a 6-6 record, maybe dipping to 5-7 and reaching to 7-5. Objectively, the 2013 team rated a D.

I think he's taking into account things such as personnel and where these teams have been.
That's what you almost always do with sports rankings, you might give one player a B- and the other a D. But that doesn't mean the player with a B- outplayed the player who got a D as the latter might've not lived up to expectations while the former greatly exceeded them.

That's what you almost always do with sports rankings, you might give one player a B- and the other a D. But that doesn't mean the player with a B- outplayed the player who got a D as the latter might've not lived up to expectations while the former greatly exceeded them.

If there is no standard to measure against, it's not really a ranking, just some warm words. In other words, this is complete bull****.

Conclusion: we are a lot better, but it isn't showing that well yet because we were SO HORRIBLE the prior year. We have a solid upward trend everywhere but special teams (NEINAS HEYYYY)

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/67980/season-review-colorado-2

Improvement is a process. Last year, the Buffs lost Pac-12 games by an average of 30.7 points. This year, that number was down to 23.9. Probably not much comfort for long-suffering fans, but decidedly better.

Straight line extrapolation of losing Pac-12 games by "only" 17.1 in 2014, by 10.3 in 2015, by 3.5 in 2016, and then cross over to a winning average in 2017. :woot:

Ubben was a step up from the guy he replaced. I forget that dude's name. Bevo McTaintlicker or something like that.

Dply - It really pains me to tell you who that was, cough, cough, ugh, Tim Griffin. The biggest douche beat writer there ever was.

I am pretty sure that is not how you do it. If I take a test and get 100% and finish it in 20 minutes, you are saying I should get a D because I should have finished the test in 8 minutes as opposed to a guy who took an hour and got 50 % right but most people thought he would get 20% right so we give him an A. Expectations mean nothing in ranking performance. If he is ranking effort then he should say so or meeting expectations. On an objective basis we could not give our defense a C.

I am pretty sure that is not how you do it. If I take a test and get 100% and finish it in 20 minutes, you are saying I should get a D because I should have finished the test in 8 minutes as opposed to a guy who took an hour and got 50 % right but most people thought he would get 20% right so we give him an A. Expectations mean nothing in ranking performance. If he is ranking effort then he should say so or meeting expectations. On an objective basis we could not give our defense a C.
That's different, this is supposed to be academics. This is generally supposed to be an exercise for how you did relative to expectations. Anyways, it's subjective and open to interpretation. I've asked sports journalists who've done these before and if there was a "curve." And they basically said what I just said about expectations.

Back