What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tennessee/Virginia Tech to play at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016

That's an idea that's been in the works for at least a decade. Fell through at least once before.

Blacksburg and Knoxville are close in proximity, up and down I-81.

Bristol has a road in which one lane is Virginia and the other lane is Tennessee.

I see Bruton finally got this done. This place doesn't look like your typical speedway. It's a half-mile track that looks like an over-sized football stadium. And as CVille noted, it's roughly midway between the 2 campuses.

20110827ac3252.jpgspeedway.jpg

Wow a football game where every single fan attending is probably related!

Snark from a denizen of Canuckistan?

Where every single person in the country is probably related? And descendants of those traitorous Tories of the American Revolution to boot?

LOL @ this thread.

I dunno about everyone in Canada being related. I've seen Inuit and Asians in Canada, so I'm going to guess there's some genetic diversity. Besides, as much fun as you can have with America's Hat, it's much more fun to **** with the South.

Will they be allowed to bring alcohol in? Would be awesome except for the inability to tell what is going on during the game.

Great idea, everyone in the stands will need binoculars to actually see the game with a racetrack and pit between the stands and the field.

BWO62i0CQAAo1SR.jpg:large

I heard every player will have to change their first names to either Ricky or Bobby for the game.

I see Bruton finally got this done. This place doesn't look like your typical speedway. It's a half-mile track that looks like an over-sized football stadium. And as CVille noted, it's roughly midway between the 2 campuses.

View attachment 12766View attachment 12767

If I were to ever go a see a NASCAR race, this would be the venue. Especially at night. As far as a football game, look at that picture Jens posted. May as well be on the moon.

Every single person I've known that has gone to an NCAA tournament regional final in a dome has said they would never do it again. All of the charm of the game is lost - you can barely tell who the players are and all of the sounds of the sneakers squeaking and the ball bouncing and even the whistles are lost. This would strike me as being the same. Far better to watch it on TV and pay $1.50 for a good beer rather than $9 for a bud light.

What does that place seat?

The distant seats are a long way away but they would have to sell a lot of seats before people are in the furthest seats. That said even the closest seats are a long way away.

What does that place seat?

The distant seats are a long way away but they would have to sell a lot of seats before people are in the furthest seats. That said even the closest seats are a long way away.

Snark from a denizen of Canuckistan?

Where every single person in the country is probably related? And descendants of those traitorous Tories of the American Revolution to boot?

Well at least you live up to the description under your name!

BWLGI6HCcAEfOwf.jpg

I'm not fully convinced it'll be as easy to get 160k there as they think it'll be, but here's what it would be like

That field is not to scale, that picture has the football field taking up the entire length of the infield.

Here's a good overhead shot that would be more to scale of how the football field would fit in there:

BWKqReQCAAAdiyO.jpg

Back