What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Testimonial From (Probably!?) The Only Buffs Fan in Belgium

My gf is a German and its far easier for me to live in Belgium than for her to live in the US. Came to Brussels as a grad student and now I work here. Belgium probably has one of the most liberal immigration policies in Europe, so I have the right to live and work in Belgium indefinitely thanks to 'legal cohabitation,' which is actually just gay marriage/family reunification for all who have had a close relationship for over a year and can prove it. I just don't have the right to live or work anywhere else in Europe... so for now its Belgium unless I find an employer somewhere else who wants to sponsor my work visa!

Where´s your g/f from?

I'm pretty sure Dr. Evil is Belgian.

Not sure, but as a child he claims to have attended Swiss boarding school, spent summers in Rangoon and had his testicles ritualistically shaven.

Belgian Beer is some of the most gawd awful rot-gut swill I've ever tasted. It's like they have an inferiority complex about their beer, and as a result have decided to make it as messed up as possible in the hope that it'll appeal to some small group of people... somewhere.

Belgian Beer is some of the most gawd awful rot-gut swill I've ever tasted. It's like they have an inferiority complex about their beer, and as a result have decided to make it as messed up as possible in the hope that it'll appeal to some small group of people... somewhere.

I'm in total agreement. Coriander, Chicory, Cardamom and other stupid spices have no place in quality beer.

The Germans and Czechs figured out purity laws and got it right. The Belgians done ****ed it up with their spice rack.

That's funny. Belgeian beer is about the only beer my wife really likes. She likes the really fruitty lambecs.

i spent some time in Antwerp, had a great time. loved the beer (not all lambics and stuff....). and the hash. good times back inna day. these guys i was staying with (friends of a friend, had their phone number...)....hooked me up with everything and a place to stay. it was fantastic.

Go Belgium. and the fries are so good.

Screw the fries. Waffles are where it's at.

Why not have both? Although, it's hard to argue with a beautiful liege waffle covered in this:

220px-Speculoos_Pasta_van_Lotus.JPG

Where´s your g/f from?

Hamburg. She lives in Frankfurt at the moment though working for GiZ. I suppose if you are German or have lived in Germany long enough you are familiar with the acronym because I am not going to bother and try to spell that out. My German is not good to say the least. You say you live in Stuttgart? Working for auto industry?

The beer nazis are out in full force today.

A-men.... and by the way, no offense taken. Just needed to be damn sure you weren't questioning my intelligence. :nod:

I'm in total agreement. Coriander, Chicory, Cardamom and other stupid spices have no place in quality beer.

The Germans and Czechs figured out purity laws and got it right. The Belgians done ****ed it up with their spice rack.

Belgian beers are hit or miss and usually the imports to the US are truly average. German/Czech beers are completely different (pils) and just really consistent, which is also kind of boring. It is why the worst beer in Munich (Spaten) is exported to the USA and sold in high quantities - nobody in Bavaria want it but Americans can't taste the difference since most the time we drink pisswater. In fact, pils is so damn bland you can put sprite in it and make it taste like carbonated lemonade. My fav type of beer is definitely the German dunkel weisse, but no one brand stands out to me - they're all great. In Belgium, its all about the brewery because even though the same types of beer are brewed across the country, each one is significantly different - for better or absolutely gawwwwd awful worse. You'll never find that diversity in central Europe - or a pale ale.

Back