What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas A&M About To Tell The Big 12 Bye Bye ?

Wow, I am really glad CU got out...UTerus is going to kill another conference, but that is no surprise.

I hope the Pac 12 just says not and keeps it the way it is. Let KU and KSU go Big (L)East, MU and aTm or OU go SEC. OU or aTm would probably lead some sort of red-headed step child conference made up of the best of the WAC, MWC and Conf USA. UH, SMU, AFA, CSU, OU/aTm, ISU, TT, Baylor, Boise, Nevada or something along those lines would work.

If the 9 dwarfs are going to do anything, they need to do it now. The longer they stay put, the more time UT has to establish the Longhorn Network. That's the only reason UT is still in a conference, they need to have some suckers help them out for a few years until they can go independent with a bright shiny independent network that is already entrenched on basic cable in all of the important markets. However, if the 9 dwarfs made a move now, UT would be in some trouble considering the network is flailing.

If the 9 dwarfs are going to do anything, they need to do it now. The longer they stay put, the more time UT has to establish the Longhorn Network. That's the only reason UT is still in a conference, they need to have some suckers help them out for a few years until they can go independent with a bright shiny independent network that is already entrenched on basic cable in all of the important markets. However, if the 9 dwarfs made a move now, UT would be in some trouble considering the network is flailing.
I suggest that the Longhorns play with themselves. A university of UT's stature and resources can certainly afford to field multiple teams. Their conference could include: UT Orange. UT White. UT Bevo. UT 40 Acres. UT Legends. UT Leaders. UT Heros. UT Idols. It's certain that all 8 of those teams would fill their 120 rosters with five star recruits. An all UT conference on the Long Horn Network would be win-win. UT gets every game to be a home game. The rest of the nation can then avoid the circle-jerk.

The more I think about this, the more I think that the Big 12 will actually stay together for at least 5 years or so... I dont see anything happening soon.

Texans love to talk about secceding, but it never actually happens. As they say down here, "all hat, no cattle."

The more I think about this, the more I think that the Big 12 will actually stay together for at least 5 years or so... I dont see anything happening soon.

Texans love to talk about secceding, but it never actually happens. As they say down here, "all hat, no cattle."

:iagree: Just because somebody on the internets says that TAMU grew a pair doesn't make it so. Both TAMU and OU have somewhat parasitic relationships with Texas--that hasn't changed and they'll stick with Texas until it becomes completely unbearable.

A word the UT folk should research: hubris. Of course, they pronounce it "Hyeewwwbris" but they should study it nonetheless.

Just glad it isn't CU's problem. PAC-12 is solid and rising. CU has control of it's destiny unlike our former non-UT breathern in the Shakey 12. What are Iowa State and KSU folks thinking right now? "well we had a good run?" or are they just in full denial?

Shaggybevo has many who think that if the B12-2 folds, UT wil have it's pick of any of the three major conferences, but they "may have to share a little LHN money" to get it done. Delusional.

Texas is possibly viable. The thought would be that they wouldn't need to dictate preferential terms to make comparable television revenue in the Pac since they wouldn't be the only big demographic. California carries a lot of weight too, and Seattle, Phoenix are all large metros as well. Everyone would be over 30 mil a year on average. Catch is if Texas will give up LHN and be like the rest.

texas is possibly viable. The thought would be that they wouldn't need to dictate preferential terms to make comparable television revenue in the pac since they wouldn't be the only big demographic. California carries a lot of weight too, and seattle, phoenix are all large metros as well. Everyone would be over 30 mil a year on average. Catch is if espn will give up lhn and be like the rest.

fify

Texas is possibly viable. The thought would be that they wouldn't need to dictate preferential terms to make comparable television revenue in the Pac since they wouldn't be the only big demographic. California carries a lot of weight too, and Seattle, Phoenix are all large metros as well. Everyone would be over 30 mil a year on average. Catch is if Texas will give up LHN and be like the rest.

Larry Scott: "The Longhorn Network would be certainly a huge impediment. . ." to the PAC-12's media contracts.

It appears that Texas can have the LHN in the Big 12 (maybe), go independent, or give up the LHN, I don't see any of the other BCS conferences screwing up their media rights by letting Texas in with their own network.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tt-longhorn-network-keep-texas-joining-pac-12

Larry Scott: "The Longhorn Network would be certainly a huge impediment. . ." to the PAC-12's media contracts.

It appears that Texas can have the LHN in the Big 12 (maybe), go independent, or give up the LHN, I don't see any of the other BCS conferences screwing up their media rights by letting Texas in with their own network.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tt-longhorn-network-keep-texas-joining-pac-12

Exactly - it's not a matter of the Pac 12, SEC or Big? negotiating what part of the LHN UT can keep. UT's options are A) give up the LHN completely and abide by the revenue sharing model of whatever conference will have them; B) Go independent and see how that works out for them; C) Cobble together a group of sucker schools, call them the Big 12, and retain the status quo. I'd bet my next paycheck that their preference is C.

Exactly - it's not a matter of the Pac 12, SEC or Big? negotiating what part of the LHN UT can keep. UT's options are A) give up the LHN completely and abide by the revenue sharing model of whatever conference will have them; B) Go independent and see how that works out for them; C) Cobble together a group of sucker schools, call them the Big 12, and retain the status quo. I'd bet my next paycheck that their preference is C.

Where this gets interesting is that the wHorns aren't the only ones with a steak in the Bevo Network. They've got some media partners invested in the deal too. It will be interesting to see where this thing goes if the media partners can't get the conference "partners" to agree to what they need to make the deal profitable...

Where this gets interesting is that the wHorns aren't the only ones with a steak in the Bevo Network. They've got some media partners invested in the deal too. It will be interesting to see where this thing goes if the media partners can't get the conference "partners" to agree to what they need to make the deal profitable...

ihasafunny-funny-picture-what-i-saw-what-you-did-there.jpg

The problem seems to be that TAMU lost its leverage when they hitched their fate to the Big 10 with UT. UT is so massive that they hold the other TX schools' destiny. With the UIL funding and UT fanbase the Baylors and TAMUs of the world need the annual home and away with the horns to draw sustained interest in their programs. UT being independent is very viable for UT. But, the teams in Texas and Oklahoma will be lining up to put UT on the schedule. In that scenario, UT has the leverage granting some teams games when it suits them.

Back