What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas A&M officially announces Big 12 exit (was: A&M seeking B12 exit)

The full exit fee penalty would be between $28 million and $31 million, according to Big 12 sources. But the Big 12 could withhold A&M's revenue for the 2011-12 academic year, which would total roughly $18 million.

In related news, the University of Texas will receive $28-31M in additional revenue during the 2011-12 academic year.

Jesus. This is like watching old people ****, but somehow less arousing.

There sure is a lot of incompetence going on here. aTm, **** or get off the pot...seriously. I don't want to hear this story every couple of days all football season. You're harshing my buzz man

I still have this nagging thought in the back of my head that says aggie isn't going anywhere. At the end, they'll announce they've decided it's in their best interest to stay in the Big 12.

I still have this nagging thought in the back of my head that says aggie isn't going anywhere. At the end, they'll announce they've decided it's in their best interest to stay in the Big 12.

That would be completely in character for aggy.

I'm kind of with you, this still has the Missouri-to-the-Big-10-Sadie-Hawkins feel to it. On another note, how is it that I haven't been calling Dan Sadie all these years.

If that is the case, the AD would be gone and the president might not be far behind. Too bold of a play to lose and survive.

It's a big risk IMO. They stay in the B12 where UT has cemented them as little-brother forever with the Longhorn Network. They will always be #2 in Texas if they stay.

If they go, the SEC is a brutal conference. It will cost them dearly in the short term (not to mention the lawsuit they will get hit with when Fox informs the Big12 they are renegotiating the TV contract).

However, they feel that by going to the SEC, they are perhaps more able to compete for Texas recruits, as there is some allure to the SEC for kids. If they aren't competitive right away against brutal SEC schedules, it could all backfire. If they stayed in the Big12, they may make UT look bad the next few years as there is certainly some concern in Austin that UT lost the formula.

It's a big risk, big reward decision.

It's a big risk IMO. They stay in the B12 where UT has cemented them as little-brother forever with the Longhorn Network. They will always be #2 in Texas if they stay.

If they go, the SEC is a brutal conference. It will cost them dearly in the short term (not to mention the lawsuit they will get hit with when Fox informs the Big12 they are renegotiating the TV contract).

However, they feel that by going to the SEC, they are perhaps more able to compete for Texas recruits, as there is some allure to the SEC for kids. If they aren't competitive right away against brutal SEC schedules, it could all backfire. If they stayed in the Big12, they may make UT look bad the next few years as there is certainly some concern in Austin that UT lost the formula.

Excellent points...one thing is guaranteed. Aggie WILL find a way to totally, and completely, screw this up.

ChuckCarltonDMN: RT @PeteThamelNYT: It was phone call from A&M President Loftin to Deaton at 8 p.m. last nite about withdrawal. Not letter. Was misinformed.​

I'm not sure the Big 12 will be able to come back with a lawsuit in the future. If the Big 12 provides Texas A&M with an exit fee -which they apparently have- that's all Texas A&M will have to pay.

Have heard that the commish stated that, but also have heard that member institutions are not willing to sign up to releasing aTm on damages until they are fully understood. Who replaces aTm will have a big effect potentially on TV revenue.

If you think about it, why would they give that up? They held CU and NU accountable. There were no damages that could be proven. But if Fox comes back and says "whoa, this changes everything", I'd expect the ISU and KSU's of the world to want compensation. Despite what their lame commish may be saying.

There sure is a lot of incompetence going on here. aTm, **** or get off the pot...seriously. I don't want to hear this story every couple of days all football season. You're harshing my buzz man

Exactly, get on with it. This is at least the 2nd time in the past few weeks that it was all but a done deal only to have A&M come out and refute the report the next day. If you're leaving, then leave. Otherwise put a lid on it and let's get on with the season. Actually, we're about to get on with the season either way!

Exactly, get on with it. This is at least the 2nd time in the past few weeks that it was all but a done deal only to have A&M come out and refute the report the next day. If you're leaving, then leave. Otherwise put a lid on it and let's get on with the season. Actually, we're about to get on with the season either way!

It has to be this way. There is a procedure and they have to follow it.

Do you forget the several days that we sat in the dark, naked, wondering if there was any truth to the rumor that Texas was trying to force Baylor down the throats of Larry Scott?

Today's media society is that the first to break the story wins.... so every journalist will take a bit of information and report a "mile."

This is just a situation where A&M is going through a procedure that takes time and the media wants instantaneous results....

A & M is as good as gone.... Just can't make it official yet.

Chipper

According to a "key A&M source" they may delay withdrawal from the Big 12 until after their opener v SMU to avoid distraction.

Yes, because the attention will have absolutely died down for their game v Idaho 2 weeks later

Chipper

According to a "key A&M source" they may delay withdrawal from the Big 12 until after their opener v SMU to avoid distraction.

Yes, because the attention will have absolutely died down for their game v Idaho 2 weeks later

Wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened until after the football season. That's been my feeling since the 4th or 5th deadline of "aTm is definitely announcing its intention to leave the BigXII on _______ day by ______ PM" passed by a week or two ago with nothing happening.

Chipper

There is a sidebet between R. Bowen Loftin and R. Gerald Turner in that game. If SMU wins they get to take the Aggies place in the Big 12, if A&M wins their president gets to keep the "R. " in front of his name and the loser has to replace it with a "hook 'em horns" logo.

I am shocked that ND turned the Big 12-3 down. Who wouldn't want to join that train wreck?

Back