What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas and A&M to B10????

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.

that article is all over the place. There is ZERO chance that OSU is a member of the Pac-10 without OU and UT.

Has Pac 10 offered OSU yet? I heard some rumblings that OSU already accepted, but I'm not sure they've been given an offer OR if they're waiting for Texas/OU to accept.

I sure hope no offer has gone to OSU yet -- if no Texas/OU, I sure hope it's Utah.

Further to the point from Larry Scott on OSU to the PAC

"That would be news to me," replied the Pac-10 Commissioner. adding "No other invitations have been extended"

This also wouldn't necessarily be good for the Pac-whateveritendsupbeing. We don't want to be railroaded by UT in the Pac-whateveritendsupbeing, but the B-morethannine and SEC already have an advantage money wise. If both of them get significantly stronger and the Pac-whateveritendsupbeing lags behind, the Pac-whateveritendsupbeing's TV deal won't be as good and all this expansion nonsense will be a waste of time comparatively. The B-morethannine with the strongest TV deal (especially if this spurs ND to buck up and join), the SEC with a super competitive deal and potential to get better (depending on who else they add from the east coast), and the Pac-whateveritendsupbeing lagging in third.

I swear to God people are just throwing ***** against the wall to see what sticks. Although this would be beyond great I'm not believing anything until it's official. Like CU to the PAC. :) On the other hand, if true how ironic would it be that the Fuskers would be stuck w/ these idots after all?

In my wildest non-sexual fantasy, the Big 10++ would utilize the pod system and Texas and nebraska would end up in the same pod. Maybe aTm and TOSU to boot...

I can't stop hating the huskers. Not yet.

In my wildest non-sexual fantasy, the Big 10++ would utilize the pod system and Texas and nebraska would end up in the same pod. Maybe aTm and TOSU to boot...

I can't stop hating the huskers. Not yet.

I'm right there with you. This, if true, would be the best deal any of us could ever hope for. The only thing better would be if the Pac still went to 16 and took KU, MU, KSU, UU and OU. We'd have most of the old Big-8 back together again and would be getting paid gobs of money and wouldn't have to deal with those pompous pricks ever, ever again. As with most things, it's too good to be true, but a man can dream.

It would be legendary though if the Big Ten told UT and A&M to go pound sand. Humble pie, served cold.

But if the BT does accept these two and ND and Mizzou, I'm not sure any conference would be able to compete with them from a $$ standpoint. It would almost be unfair.

UT mouthpiece, Chip Brown says someone needs to tell UT that they applied to the B10. It's news to UT...B10 not happening

Hey we Huskers thought you were taking your baggage (Texas) with you!!! But it will be priceless too see how Texas fans like the Big 10 November!!

Back