What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas gets the hose again

:lol: not empathetic to the back and horth hollerin of his childhood fave team? ooohhhh kay.

you must have missed pics of him in #20, and the part where he said he was "living the dream."

he has been chanting "boomer sooner" for far longer than you are choosing to remember. i saw it as he was very gracious in his win and might not have expected it.

I'm not saying he was unhappy to win or unhappy to be sooner or anything else. I'm sure it was a dream come true! I just thought that some guy yelling 'boomer' over and over again at that moment was a bit embarrassing. I thought the way everyone (including Bradford and the other ou folks there) in that hall responded reflected that. The Heisman is a special thing and you have all those guys lined up there going back to those who won it in the 50's and one bozo yelling a cheer like it's some sort of pep rally...

replace "smartass" with "whinyassed" and you may have a point. that buff is having a first class nosebleed over it.

many heisman winners do struggle in the pros. it is hardly an absolute. and for gawds sake, it is in poor taste to pick a kid apart whose only crime is a love of the game.

do you need a kleenex? or some cheese to go with your whine?
Your comment makes no sense....am I whining? I could care less about the Heisman.

I was just thinking something along those lines.

While maybe not the kiss of death, can anyone name 3 Heisman winners off the top of their head in the last 20 years that went on to have stellar pro careers?

I can't.

define stellar. is HOF stellar enough? superbowl mvp? what zactly would impress you?

secondly, who cares? why pick apart a career that as of this moment has not even begun?

replace "smartass" with "whinyassed" and you may have a point. that buff is having a first class nosebleed over it.

many heisman winners do struggle in the pros. it is hardly an absolute. and for gawds sake, it is in poor taste to pick a kid apart whose only crime is a love of the game.

:lol:

Oh the humanity of bringing up how Heisman winners struggling in the pros! The nerve!

I'm not saying he was unhappy to win or unhappy to be sooner or anything else. I'm sure it was a dream come true! I just thought that some guy yelling 'boomer' over and over again at that moment was a bit embarrassing. I thought the way everyone (including Bradford and the other ou folks there) in that hall responded reflected that. The Heisman is a special thing and you have all those guys lined up there going back to those who won it in the 50's and one bozo yelling a cheer like it's some sort of pep rally...

if the buffs were in the position to boast their 5th heisman and any of ours was welcoming another into the fold with an exuberant "go buffs!" i would hardly be pissing and whining.

i think that whole "boomer!" thing is most grating to those who generally don't prefer oklahoma.

You are unbelievably annoying.

sorry to burst your bubble. i probably will not lose any sleep over your assessment.

Oh the humanity of bringing up how Heisman winners struggling in the pros! The nerve!

wow. the drama. :rolleyes: my point is that some here are acting like they are on the short end of a johnson contest, and are bashing a kid who has not played a down for any nfl team. maybe it might do to review any of the 547 reminders about bashing kids compliments of matt, and move forward?

Last edited:
sorry to burst your bubble. i probably will not lose any sleep over your assessment.

wow. the drama. :rolleyes: my point is that some here are acting like they are on the short end of a johnson contest, and are bashing a kid who has not played a down for any nfl team. maybe it might do to review any of the 547 reminders about bashing kids, and move forward?
Perhaps you should consider some honest feedback....it may do you some good.

Perhaps you should consider some honest feedback....it may do you some good.

honestly, you are too worked up over this.

aside from being a tos violation for bashing a kid, it really shows what a little person you are.

how is that for some honest feedback, since you are in the holiday spirit of sharing?

if the buffs were in the position to boast their 5th heisman and any of ours was welcoming another into the fold with an exuberant "go buffs!" i would hardly be pissing and whining.

i think that whole "boomer!" thing is most grating to those who generally don't prefer oklahoma.

No, one 'Go Buffs' would be fine. But to yell it over and over and over again would be an embarrassment. At least to me, as a Buff fan and CU grad.

If you think it's because I dislike OU or Bradford, you're wrong. I didn't care who won, as long as it wasn't T-bone. I hate that ****er. BTW... Is he allowed to spend 8 hours with the coaches in the film rooms on Sunday or perform surgeries? I thought there were rules against that sort of thing.

wow. the drama. :rolleyes: my point is that some here are acting like they are on the short end of a johnson contest, and are bashing a kid who has not played a down for any nfl team. maybe it might do to review any of the 547 reminders about bashing kids compliments of matt, and move forward?

Your point is that you're sticking up for a Sooner player (shocking!). What was said was harmless. He didn't call the kid a smuck. He didn't say the kid's mother wears combat boots. He made a smartassed comment about the lack pro success of past Heisman winners.

honestly, you are too worked up over this.

aside from being a tos violation for bashing a kid, it really shows what a little person you are.

how is that for some honest feedback, since you are in the holiday spirit of sharing?
I am not talking about or bashing Bradford...I am talking about YOU with the honest feedback.

No, one 'Go Buffs' would be fine. But to yell it over and over and over again would be an embarrassment. At least to me, as a Buff fan and CU grad.

If you think it's because I dislike OU or Bradford, you're wrong. I didn't care who won, as long as it wasn't T-bone. I hate that ****er. BTW... Is he allowed to spend 8 hours with the coaches in the film rooms on Sunday or perform surgeries? I thought there were rules against that sort of thing.

explain exactly how the film room would be a problem? i cannot think of an ncaa angle. nor do i believe they have the authority to regulate surgeries in a foreign land. though they may like to have that power. :lol:

i did not see tebow as any more than an assistant with that, nor did i get the impression he was banking green for his help. unless surgery is a sport, i don't think the ncaa cares.

Your point is that you're sticking up for a Sooner player (shocking!). What was said was harmless. He didn't call the kid a smuck. He didn't say the kid's mother wears combat boots. He made a smartassed comment about the lack pro success of past Heisman winners.
All true...except, Heisman winners rarely do make it in the pros!

i was offended when he decided to pick apart whose life he felt was more relevant in comparison to the others. if he wants to bash ass on bradford in the pros, chill. right now, it is not something tolerated per matt.

i reported the post. just thought it was out of line.

as a whole, he has been one whiny sob.

I actually think Bradford will be a decent pro.

. Not sure Tebow has the arm to play QB in the NFL..

I am not talking about or bashing Bradford...I am talking about YOU with the honest feedback.

in case you missed it: i am probably not going to miss any shuteye over it. yours qualifies for an opinion i would take to heart because???

explain exactly how the film room would be a problem? i cannot think of an ncaa angle. nor do i believe they have the authority to regulate surgeries in a foreign land. though they may like to have that power. :lol:

i did not see tebow as any more than an assistant with that, nor did i get the impression he was banking green for his help. unless surgery is a sport, i don't think the ncaa cares.

I wasn't worried about the NCAA with the surgery thing. It just seemed like some stupid christian missionary should not be performing surgery on anywone.

As far as the film room thing, I thought coaches were limited in the amount time they were allowed to spend with players with football related activities. I could be wrong on that though, that's why I asked. It seemed like 8 hours on Sunday was a pretty big chunk of time.

in case you missed it: i am probably not going to miss any shuteye over it. yours qualifies for an opinion i would take to heart because???
Probably? At least you are thinking about it....go back and read all of your comments on this thread, and perhaps you will see the light.

Edit - Nevermind...it is a lost cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was offended when he decided to pick apart whose life he felt was more relevant in comparison to the others. if he wants to bash ass on bradford in the pros, chill. right now, it is not something tolerated per matt.

i reported the post. just thought it was out of line.

as a whole, he has been one whiny sob.

Offended? Seriously? A comment about the lack of pro success Heisman have historically had offends you?

:lol::lol:

And your last sentence is classic!

I actually think Bradford will be a decent pro.

. Not sure Tebow has the arm to play QB in the NFL..

Tebow will have to convert to tight end or something and calm WAAAAY down. His shtick of running into punt coverage huddles and stuff will not translate well in the NFL.

Offended? Seriously? A comment about the lack of pro success Heisman have historically had offends you?

:lol::lol:

And your last sentence is classic!
Glad there is somebody out there who agrees with my assessment of this conversation...

I wasn't worried about the NCAA with the surgery thing. It just seemed like some stupid christian missionary should not be performing surgery on anywone.

As far as the film room thing, I thought coaches were limited in the amount time they were allowed to spend with players with football related activities. I could be wrong on that though, that's why I asked. It seemed like 8 hours on Sunday was a pretty big chunk of time.

again, i did not get the idea that he was doing anything more than assisting a doctor. he was one of many there.

Probably? At least you are thinking about it....go back and read all of your comments on this thread, and perhaps you will see the light.

no, i am definitely not going to lose sleep over you. beyond the amusement of conversation, you are a nonissue in the scheme of things.

nope. read much? i have already said that it is NOT the pro success post that was offensive. it was the life relevancy post that was uncalled for. of course, if you want to again ignore what i clearly said and make up an alternate version for yourself, nothing is stoppin ya.

Tebow will have to convert to tight end or something and calm WAAAAY down. His shtick of running into punt coverage huddles and stuff will not translate well in the NFL.

i am sure he will learn that soon enough. bradford really needs a situation where he can have 2-3 years to develop. if he leaves this year (presumably so) most of the top teams with a qb need cannot provide that.

nope. read much? i have already said that it is NOT the pro success post that was offensive. it was the life relevancy post that was uncalled for. of course, if you want to again ignore what i clearly said and make up an alternate version for yourself, nothing is stoppin ya.

Weak.:lol:

Who cares? Tebow's and Colt's childhood stories were far more interesting than Bradford's.

There is nothing offensive about this.

This award is the kiss of death....Colt should be happy he did not win. He will actually have a chance to make it in the pros!

Nor this.

Weak.:lol:

There is nothing offensive about this.

Nor this.
I guess I missed it...she turned me in for a life relevancy post? Thanks for defending me, Boulder. Not only is she annoying, she is a slanderous scoundrel.

Back