What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas gets the hose again

fwiw..... no its not an embarrassment, but you wouldn't understand that being on the outside looking in, and I cant explain being on the inside looking out....

how does losing an individual award hose UT? maybe Colt was hosed, but he wasn't the best QB in the Big XII this year or last year... it is Sam Bradford...

That is definately arguable...but I would tap the brakes just a little...I know Bradford won the Heisman and that is fine...he is a great QB but there is just as much of an argument for Colt...maybe more :wink2:

I know all of the arguments for Bradford (which are all valid) with the highest scoring offense in history and his TD's vs INT's and effeciency...again nobody can say the Heisman wasn't deserved.....BUT

Colt had less weapons and is a more complete QB than Bradford (meaning more moblie) and Colt broke the NCAA record for passing effeciency in the regular season. While leading his team in rushing....Colt has a stake in the argument of best QB in the Big 12 for sure.

That is definately arguable...but I would tap the brakes just a little...I know Bradford won the Heisman and that is fine...he is a great QB but there is just as much of an argument for Colt...maybe more :wink2:

I know all of the arguments for Bradford (which are all valid) with the highest scoring offense in history and his TD's vs INT's and effeciency...again nobody can say the Heisman wasn't deserved.....BUT

Colt had less weapons and is a more complete QB than Bradford (meaning more moblie) and Colt broke the NCAA record for passing effeciency in the regular season. While leading his team in rushing....Colt has a stake in the argument of best QB in the Big 12 for sure.

The TTech QB is pretty ****ing good too.

1st off Colt broke the record for pass completion percentage in a season, not passing efficiency. that has been Sam the past two years leading the nation in passing effeciency. just a small difference. oh and how did he do that if he has "less weapons" as I saw some pretty darn good catches by the Texas players this year??

2nd this whole "Colt had less weapons" arguement is getting old and stale. either that or are you saying that Texas has less talent then OU on the field? I will agree losing the 1st team TE for the season, and forgive me for not knowing his name, hurt the Texas passing game, but I really think Texas's top 4 WR's match up talent and skill wise as OU's top 4 WR's. Granted OU's RB situation was a "more weapons" as the three gained over 2500 yards together as a group with Mose Mado, #3 RB for OU, gained more yards than Texas's leading rusher.

as far as Colt being more mobile, he has to be in the "zone read" offense the Longhorns run. I'd don't know, but I serious doubt Bradford was "sacked" as many times as Colt was this year... so 1. that could be due to OU's offensive line and RB's keeping the pressure off him, or 2. he is pretty mobile, or 3. a combiation there of. Me personally think it is #3, but I have seen Sam run and he is no slouch in that department actually out running DL and blitzes...

Something no one has pointed out, but I think Sam has a stronger arm than Colt, but not by that much either....

and now why we are on the subject of Colt, and this is something I noticed during the Heisman award show. Did anyone else? Tebow was always standing in the middle with Colt on one side and Bradford on the other. If you look at the players profiles on ESPN, it lists Sam as 6'4", Tim as 6'3" and Colt being 6'3" also. Now Sam appeared 2 inches taller than Tebow, and Tebow looked 2 inches taller than Colt. Do you know how tall Colt really is? I dont think he is much taller than 6'1" at the most....

I wasn't upset Bradford won, but I thought Colt had a more deserving profile.

The guy was hot trash in the microwave last year and Texas struggled because of it. He then got his stuff together and Texas showed vast improvement. And as his confidence grew so did his team's. I really believe Texas went into the RRSO feeling they were going to get ran off the field, but then Shipley made his play and Colt started hitting some big passes and the rest of the season was cake.....

With OU's Oline anyone of us on this board could have thrown for Heisman numbers.

1st off Colt broke the record for pass completion percentage in a season, not passing efficiency. that has been Sam the past two years leading the nation in passing effeciency. just a small difference. oh and how did he do that if he has "less weapons" as I saw some pretty darn good catches by the Texas players this year??

2nd this whole "Colt had less weapons" arguement is getting old and stale. either that or are you saying that Texas has less talent then OU on the field? I will agree losing the 1st team TE for the season, and forgive me for not knowing his name, hurt the Texas passing game, but I really think Texas's top 4 WR's match up talent and skill wise as OU's top 4 WR's. Granted OU's RB situation was a "more weapons" as the three gained over 2500 yards together as a group with Mose Mado, #3 RB for OU, gained more yards than Texas's leading rusher.

as far as Colt being more mobile, he has to be in the "zone read" offense the Longhorns run. I'd don't know, but I serious doubt Bradford was "sacked" as many times as Colt was this year... so 1. that could be due to OU's offensive line and RB's keeping the pressure off him, or 2. he is pretty mobile, or 3. a combiation there of. Me personally think it is #3, but I have seen Sam run and he is no slouch in that department actually out running DL and blitzes...

Something no one has pointed out, but I think Sam has a stronger arm than Colt, but not by that much either....

and now why we are on the subject of Colt, and this is something I noticed during the Heisman award show. Did anyone else? Tebow was always standing in the middle with Colt on one side and Bradford on the other. If you look at the players profiles on ESPN, it lists Sam as 6'4", Tim as 6'3" and Colt being 6'3" also. Now Sam appeared 2 inches taller than Tebow, and Tebow looked 2 inches taller than Colt. Do you know how tall Colt really is? I dont think he is much taller than 6'1" at the most....

We may have slightly less talent...but we have more heart! 45-35 (sorry couldn't resist)

You are right not passing eff. comp. %.

Irby was the TE that went down.

I think Colt has a stronger arm but I think Bradford has more touch.

I think Colt is 6'3"...I think Bradford was wearing lifts at the Heisman ceremony.

We may have slightly less talent...but we have more heart! 45-35 (sorry couldn't resist)

come on now. we have been hearing nothing but good stuff about texas recruiting classes. troo? :nod:

you can't have it both ways - beating chest about who y'all are getting, and then saying that you have nobody around colt. y'hear now?

i don't think sammy needs lifts. i am a tall gal, and when sam has walked by before, he definitely is way taller.

come on now. we have been hearing nothing but good stuff about texas recruiting classes. troo? :nod:

you can't have it both ways - beating chest about who y'all are getting, and then saying that you have nobody around colt. y'hear now?
i don't think sammy needs lifts. i am a tall gal, and when sam has walked by before, he definitely is way taller.

When did I say we had nobody around Colt? I didn't. I said slightly less talent. (probably should have added experience)

We for sure get great recruits and so does OU. This year on the field position to position I give them a slight edge at talent.

When did I say we had nobody around Colt? I didn't. I said slightly less talent. (probably should have added experience)

We for sure get great recruits and so does OU. This year on the field position to position I give them a slight edge at talent.

i think with the talent BOTH universities pull in, you are really splitting hairs.

You are right not passing eff. comp. %.

Irby was the TE that went down.

I think Colt has a stronger arm but I think Bradford has more touch.

I think Colt is 6'3"...I think Bradford was wearing lifts at the Heisman ceremony.

i dont think it is heart.... I dont think the OU players ever quit trying to win the game.... Texas just took adavantage of an injury to Ryan Reynolds and found that the OU defense dropped off a whole lot after he went out.... part of the game... no excuses for giving up an 11 point lead or not scoring the last 20 minutes of the game....

congrats to Colt fro setting the bar so high in pass completion percentage... 78% +/- a percentage point will be there for a long, long, very long time as the record, and to beat the old mark by 6% points +/- too....

Ya Irby is the guy I was thinking of....... he will be one of the best TE's next year if he can recover fully from the torn ACL (I believe that is what ended his season)

I'm not going to argue Sam vs Colt becaue both are just as good as each other and to the point there isnt enough difference between the two to seperate the two....

Like I said, Colt was standing next to Tim, not Sam, and Colt was at least 1-2 inches shorter than Tim (guess both Tim and Sam were wearing elevators and forgot to tell Colt to do the same) :smile2:.... its just an observation is all, not a knock on Colt. And the only reason I asked is I looked on ESPN and it listed both Colt and Tim as 6'3" and Sam at 6'4"

Back