What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas Sucks

They consistently force turnovers. They are second in the nation with 35 turnovers gained, they are seventh in sacks with 39, and they are second in third down defense at 27.1%. The only important stat that is a bit mediocre is red zone defense. You talk about those first three stats though, that is the definition of a defense that can actually make plays.

Do you believe they are truly as good as those stats might indicate? I don't. They are padded against bad teams. Alabama's strength of schedule ranks 1st in the country. Florida's ranks 3rd. Texas ranks 31st. What elite offense have they played? Who has really tested them? Alabama will put them to the test, and it won't be pretty, imho.

Do you believe they are truly as good as those stats might indicate? I don't. They are padded against bad teams. Alabama's strength of schedule ranks 1st in the country. Florida's ranks 3rd. Texas ranks 31st. What elite offense have they played? Who has really tested them? Alabama will put them to the test, and it won't be pretty, imho.

:iagree:

Arrowhead is a bigger advantage for kNU/Mizzou than Cowboys stadium is for the Texas schools. First off you have a much better chance of having decent weather in Dallas than in KC in December meaning that you don't have a weather advantage. Nebraska is used to playing in cold crappy weather, they practice in it from November on as do Mizzou and the Kansas schools.

Secondly because of the crappy weather along with other factors north fans are much more likely to go to Dallas for the game than south fans are likely to come to KC. I know that kNU would like what amounts to a home game every time but Dallas is a better site.

I would actually prefer San Antonio over Dallas since it has the weather advantages, is a great city to visit, and is farther from the rabid fan bases of the Texas schools but if the choice is Dallas or KC give me Dallas.

Yes.

Their offense has the tendency to turn the ball over like last night. That will be a concern, but I believe Texas has the athletes and coaching on defense to match up with anyone on defense.

Do you think they are the second best team in the country? It looks to me like a mediocre team by Texas standards that played a very weak OOC in a poor year for the B12. They don't have a win over anyone currently in the top 20.

They are lucky there is no undefeated B10 or Pac 10 team, or they would be on the outside looking in like last year. The Vince Young-led MNC team would beat this team by 3 touchdowns.

Bama had close games as well. SEC not so great this year and both Bama and FL looked really, really marginal at various times. So does every team.

You can argue anything you want but the bottom line is 13-0.

Bama had close games as well. SEC not so great this year and both Bama and FL looked really, really marginal at various times. So does every team.

You can argue anything you want but the bottom line is 13-0.

Why isn't that the bottom line for Boise, Cincy, and TCU? The only dif is that UT started the season ranked higher. At least each of those teams has a victory over a team ranked in the top 20.

Why isn't that the bottom line for Boise, Cincy, and TCU? The only dif is that UT started the season ranked higher. At least each of those teams has a victory over a team ranked in the top 20.

And that is why we need a playoff.

I actually think a UT loss last night would have helped the BCS in the long run. If a TCU made it into the championship game they would point at that for years as proof that the BCS system gives everybody a fair shot at playing for a championship. Even though Cincy is from a BCS conference, I think they would have been able to sell the same perception with them.... :huh:

And that is why we need a playoff.

I actually think a UT loss last night would have helped the BCS in the long run. If a TCU made it into the championship game they would point at that for years as proof that the BCS system gives everybody a fair shot at playing for a championship. Even though Cincy is from a BCS conference, I think they would have been able to sell the same perception with them.... :huh:

As long as you only have two teams playing, there is always going to be someone left out.

What pisses me off about the horns (and others) is that since the OSU series they haven't scheduled a decent OOC team. Putting them in the championship encourages them to continue to avoid tough OOC teams. SOS schould be a bigger part of the BCS formula.

That's a totally different question. I didn't say those teams are not equally deserving. I'm just countering the points made about Texas not being at least equally deserving. The title of the thread is Texas sucks.

As long as you only have two teams playing, there is always going to be someone left out.

What pisses me off about the horns (and others) is that since the OSU series they haven't scheduled a decent OOC team. Putting them in the championship encourages them to continue to avoid tough OOC teams. SOS schould be a bigger part of the BCS formula.

I think the "and others" is key. Bama didn't play anyone either. Same for FL. Don't single Texas out for this.

I think the "and others" is key. Bama didn't play anyone either. Same for FL. Don't single Texas out for this.

Alabama played Va Tech (12th) and won by 10, LSU (13th) and won by 9, and Florida (5th) and won by 19. To say they didn't play anyone is inaccurate, they have the highest strength of schedule in the nation.

The highest ranked team UT played NU at 20th.

Bama played no one? You have got to be kidding me. VA Tech, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Arkansas, most of those teams on the list would crush the vast majority of teams TX played this year.

Bama played no one? You have got to be kidding me. VA Tech, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Arkansas, most of those teams on the list would crush the vast majority of teams TX played this year.

Come on man. Those four teams are as mediocre as you can get.

I'm not kidding. Are you?

Are you referring to the Tenn team that has lost two years in a row to ucla?

Arky? Really?

Ole Miss?

LSU, meh. Not this year.

For the Next month everyone will be bashing texas and saying how they will get crushed by bama. Texas is a good defensive team and will be ready. Month is a long time between games.

Texas needs to get mcoy some help. Newton should get more carries. Texas usually has a good TE, haven't seen that this season.

For the Next month everyone will be bashing texas and saying how they will get crushed by bama. Texas is a good defensive team and will be ready. Month is a long time between games.

Texas needs to get mcoy some help. Newton should get more carries. Texas usually has a good TE, haven't seen that this season.

I thought Bama would kill Texas all season. I am not impressed with Texas, Bama has impressed me in almost every game and Bama is on a mission because of last year. Horns fall on their faces in January.

I thought Bama would kill Texas all season. I am not impressed with Texas, Bama has impressed me in almost every game and Bama is on a mission because of last year. Horns fall on their faces in January.

It could certainly happen, i'm sick of the sec.

The Arky team you are talking about beat ATM 47-19... TX seemed to have much more trouble with the Aggies.

Yes, Texas struggled against A&M. But to pretend that a neutral site, non-conference game is a great comparison with a road game against a bitter rival is a big stretch.

Arrowhead is a bigger advantage for kNU/Mizzou than Cowboys stadium is for the Texas schools. First off you have a much better chance of having decent weather in Dallas than in KC in December meaning that you don't have a weather advantage. Nebraska is used to playing in cold crappy weather, they practice in it from November on as do Mizzou and the Kansas schools.

Secondly because of the crappy weather along with other factors north fans are much more likely to go to Dallas for the game than south fans are likely to come to KC. I know that kNU would like what amounts to a home game every time but Dallas is a better site.

I would actually prefer San Antonio over Dallas since it has the weather advantages, is a great city to visit, and is farther from the rabid fan bases of the Texas schools but if the choice is Dallas or KC give me Dallas.

Highly disagree. Telling me Texas fan isn't going to travel 30 minutes to 4 hours for a game at the Alamodome? The only location in Big 12 South country that may dissuade even a few from showing is if they were to hold a CCG in Oklahoma City. The advantage is that Alamo, Reliant and Jerryland are all indoor in the event of weather. Same with playing in St. Louis, though it's at the edge of conference territory being a couple hours from Columbia. Denver is still the biggest geographic outlier for a venue that could support this game, and as its stadium is outdoors I don't see it ever coming here. Nor do I want the humiliation of having the UT, NU, KU or Mizzou fans showing up in droves because most of them are already "locals."

Just one question, make the two questions? Does the ending to the B12 CCG change things for the B12? Does Texass still always get what they want, how they want without regard to the rest of the rest of the conference?

I think there will be some discussions, behind closed doors about this game and it's affect on future games. Just to make things clear I'm not saying the 1 second call was the wrong call. But I do think the Texass schools are given advantages over the North schools more often then not. Should the "Conference Bosses" get what they desire by holding the B12 CCG in the same the location we will be assured the game will always essentially be a home game for the Texass schools.

Just once I would like the game rotated to the North and played in Denver.

But, but, but....They're Texas.

Get used to it, irrelevant dwarf from the north!:smile2:

Back