1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas: Ultimately wants Big Ten?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OKCBuff, Jun 13, 2010.

1. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Boy, I'd love to see this for several reasons:

1. Haha to Nowledge U, you'd be stuck with UT anyway!
    2. Ends any hope of a "Big 12 South" in the Pac-"insert number here"
    3. The undeserving freeloaders in the potential Pac-16 (OSU and Tech) get left behind with the rest

Of course, the following is simply a random poster, but who knows when someone really is spot on, right? So here's another log on the expansion fire: UT really wants the Big Ten and would go if they could get OU to go with them. OU would LOVE that, because then they could keep UT, add NU to the Thanksgiving weekend schedule again and either lose OSU entirely or turn it into a RMS-style non-conference deal to start the season. The Legislature here (more OSU alums) would fight like hell on this.

Anyway, here ya go: http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=901&fid=57&style=2&tid=143839427&Page=12

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

anything is possible, but I just don't see it. UT's prez is a big Pac 10 guy and they don't want to have to play a ton of cold weather games. Would be pretty funny though.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I generally pay closer to Big 10 scoop when it's coming from Northwestern sources. They're located very close to the Big 10 offices in Chicago. This either means that there's validity to it or that it's a planted story meant to pressure Notre Dame.

Assuming it's valid regarding UT, I'll take a Pac 12 with Utah and be very happy. 5 divisional games plus 4 cross-divisional games for a 9-game in-conference schedule. That way, we're playing everyone at least 2 out of every 3 seasons. Be nice.

4. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Probably won't happen IMO. I don't think the Big 10 wants Texass honestly, they seem to end up being a self-centered whore after awhile and that may kill a conference. *see what's happening as we speak*

5. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Interesting take. I thought the opposite. Why would anyone voluntarily post something on a NW board? They are easily the least popular BT school with only a smattering of fans. Then again, it is likely an intellectual bunch, however small they may be.