What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texass Isn't The Villian

Yes, I fully agree. We should embrace and worship our masters and powder their ass for letting us in exist on this planet.

I suppose you can't blame Texas for being the puppet masters of the Big XII because they can. But, you can't blame other institutions for wanting to leave, either. Good for Texas for getting away with it for as long as they have, and great for the schools who have an opportunity to get out and take it.

If we were Texas we would feel the same way and try to use the same power, but were not so screw them.

It's shocking, really, that the Austin Statesman isn't making a case for Texas to join the Mountain West.

UT represents capitalism at its worst. I just can't believe that EVERYONE down there drinks the burnt orange kool-aid. I mean, nobody is willing to step back and question it? It is all very cult-ish and rah-rah... and it is this hubris that ultimately brought Enron to its knees. People just accepted the money, no questions asked.

I wonder if at least SOME people involved with UT and A&M are embarrassed by their arrogance.

The Big XII is not a democracy. And this no-talent ass clown wonders why the North wants out?

All I can say is that if you have to write articles like this then there must be some truth to TexAss being the villian.

Some interesting points in the comments section. Despite their money and the monopoly they hold on the richest HS talent base in the nation Texas has had a hard time winning much in the Big XII. OU has six conference titles, UT only two, the schools they are putting down kNU, CU have won combined more often than they have in the life of the league. Now they might be forced to go to a league where they have to deal with a program with as much financial and recruiting pull as they have in USC, another schools that will win at all cost in Oregon and some others who won't take their bullying.

The Texans want the Big XII to stay what it is, their little pond where they can be the big fish. If that doesn't work they want to bring their pond with them in the form of the Big XII south having to leave it only for a couple of out of division games and a conference championship game. How much do you want to bet that if they join the PAC they will try to make sure that the majority of their out of division games are against the weak sisters and/or in Texas and that the CCG is played in Dallas.

I believe from looking at what has happened over the past few months that CU has a solid invitation to the PAC regardless of if Texas comes or not. The only question determined by Texas is what will the structure of the league look like as a 12 team league or a 16 team league. In the end I think Texas will decline the PAC and the Big XII will bring in some teams to replace kNU, MU, and CU that are closer to Texas and are happy to be bullied in exchange for the crumbs that Texas lets them have.

I also believe that despite all their efforts to dominate OU will cycle back up again and have another stretch of kicking the Texans asses and I will enjoy it greatly as the Texans tout their conference championships in water polo and hopscotch.

Some interesting points in the comments section. Despite their money and the monopoly they hold on the richest HS talent base in the nation Texas has had a hard time winning much in the Big XII. OU has six conference titles, UT only two, the schools they are putting down kNU, CU have won combined more often than they have in the life of the league. Now they might be forced to go to a league where they have to deal with a program with as much financial and recruiting pull as they have in USC, another schools that will win at all cost in Oregon and some others who won't take their bullying.

The Texans want the Big XII to stay what it is, their little pond where they can be the big fish. If that doesn't work they want to bring their pond with them in the form of the Big XII south having to leave it only for a couple of out of division games and a conference championship game. How much do you want to bet that if they join the PAC they will try to make sure that the majority of their out of division games are against the weak sisters and/or in Texas and that the CCG is played in Dallas.

I believe from looking at what has happened over the past few months that CU has a solid invitation to the PAC regardless of if Texas comes or not. The only question determined by Texas is what will the structure of the league look like as a 12 team league or a 16 team league. In the end I think Texas will decline the PAC and the Big XII will bring in some teams to replace kNU, MU, and CU that are closer to Texas and are happy to be bullied in exchange for the crumbs that Texas lets them have.

I also believe that despite all their efforts to dominate OU will cycle back up again and have another stretch of kicking the Texans asses and I will enjoy it greatly as the Texans tout their conference championships in water polo and hopscotch.

damn good post. Remember we beat Texas right in their own backyard in Dallas. There were so many Texas fans there it was disgusting, but what do you expect with a 3 hour drive for them versus a 2 hour FLIGHT for the good guys. I am getting sick of all the bitching down in Texas, I thought they were supposed to be men's men down there but they are crying like a 3 year old who's mom is selling an old toy at a garage sale. Suck it up you pussies.

Good point Mtn, if this was about performance on the football field alone, OU would be the flag-bearer.

So it begs the question, who exactly annointed UT as the unofficial leader of the Big XII?

I can only hope that all the PAC10 school presidents are taking a hard look at how things work when you have to deal with UT and all things Texass. Big12 is ready to implode and UT is dictating terms to the conference that would save a majority of teams.

If the PAC10 let's themselve get bullied by UT and bring Baylor along for the ride, they will deserve what they will eventually get. 10 years from now when all the schools outside of Texass are bitching that the Texass schools have too much power and are destroying the league.

One small "positive" from our side is that Bohls recognizes that Baylor, despite its smarmy attempts to ride UT's coattails, has no chance due to having no TV market.

At least he stated one fact in the op-ed.

I don't really fault Texas for trying to maximize their money grab, but it is hypocrisy at it's finest for this prick to find fault with NU and MU. If the conference had equal revenue sharing, as the B10 does, and if the championship game alternated between north and south venues, would they be looking to leave? And who's fault is it those things are how they are?

It is Texas' fault. As the poster above said, if revenue sharing were equal and the championship game were split between the North and South, the only expansion issue would be whether or not ND would be joining the Big 10. Texas is greedy, they want only what is best for them, to hell with everyone else. Urbana Buff called it capitalism at its worst. I agree to an extent. A conference is only as strong as its weakest member, and when the big boys are keeping the smaller guys in the conference down because of an unequal revenue sharing plan, this type of thing is bound to eventually happen. One reason the SEC and Big 10 do so well is the revenue sharing, even the little schools like Vanderbilt are getting in on the deal, it's not the big schools lining their pockets while the little guys get nothing. It makes the conferences that much stronger when the smaller schools are also able to compete. UT doesn't see that, they didn't with the old SWC and they have done it again with the Big 12. They are arrogant enough to believe that they can keep the conference going all by themselves and dominate everything while everyone bows to them. In fact I bet they think they are being extremely generous because there is a small amount of revenue sharing in the conference. Texas will keep doing what is best for Texas. Fortunately for them it hasn't had a detrimental impact to them so far, just to the other schools that are casualties of the conferences they destroy (Rice, TCU, Houston, SMU, and now perhaps KU, KSU, ISU, Baylor). But one day it's going to come back and bite them in the *****.

I'm sorry. Was the author of that article trying to make the point that Texas wasn't the villain?

Honestly, I didn't blame them for much of anything except captilalizing on the opportunities presented to them until I read that. Now I hate them.

Hey what if the Pac 10 just decides to offer CU now then wait for NU to announce they are going to the Big X and then offer MU and stay at 12?? - I know MU is a long way out east but they could rest assured they would get both invites precluding an MU Big X invite. Both leagues would have their 12 teams and could add on at a later time. Could be another way to hedge a bet - Utah would want to go no doubt and I would be all for that but they might get some resistance from the BYU block in the state.

Hey, somebody's got to run this league. And why not the program with the most alumni, hugest enrollment, biggest stadium and grandest budget in the nation? What exactly did those Big Eight schools think they were getting — Appalachian State in burnt orange?

spoken like a true scholar...

If college football were true capitalism, no one should have a problem with the way Texas is portrayed in this article. Unfortunately, college athletics, actually athletics in general is NOT Capitalsm. It can't be or athletics will end up being the same 2 teams playing each other in every sport.

There is a reason that the NFL is so successful. Teams have a chance to rebuild over a cycle. If Texas were left to its resources unchecked, you would have a New York Yankee situation in that they would generally be at the top most every year.

I could write a very long article about this concept, but the whole premise of this article is way off base. The Big 10 is so successful because they treat all of their members equally. Yes, some football powerhouses exist over the long term, but the top teams know the value of keeping the bottom teams satisfied with a piece of the pie because you cant play a full season of football without all of the teams in your conference.....

Once again, for the second time in about 15 years, Texas has not figured out the value that their opponants give to them....

Maybe Texas should just play itself every week and see how long that lasts....

Even Jerry Jones has figured this concept out!

Back