What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thanks

Glad to hear you had a good time and saw first hand what makes CU football so special...especially when we are winning!!!

We are blaming fanaticism on geographic isolation now, Skids?

No blame. It's an ingredient, like a spice, that adds character. It's the kind of arrogant self-important charm that draws out jealous and angry claims that assert CU fans are the worst in the country.

In response to those allegations, the correct answer is, "go **** yourselves" and "we don't live Lincoln."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always a sucker for real stories from real people (often with fake screen names) about football roadies.

One of the tougher realities of being a CU fan is the geographical isolation to opponent's campuses. CSU is close enough, but that game is played in an NFL stadium far from campus. The net result is a relatively small contingent of season ticket holders and students who road-trip and explore other campuses. The nearest road trip CU has on the schedule this season is Tucson, which is more than 900 miles away. Road trip usually means airplane flight. This means rental cars, hotel stays, and bar food, not RVs, BBQ smokers, and maurading student sections.

In my opinion, the isolation means lots of CU fans don't have the urge to be good hosts. It's easier to welcome a visitor in Boulder after you've been served a few beers and friendly banter on somebody else's campus.

This is more of an observation than a complaint. With such a beautiful setting and great weather from Sept to late Oct, an intimate venue, an iconic mascot, a hansom campus inside a quintessential college town with first class bars and dining, it's easy for CU fans to hold the belief that there is no better place to be when the football team is rolling.

What you saw is called Folsom Magic.

It takes a few tries and tweaks to optimize the Boulder experience. A stay at Hotel Boulderado or the St Julien, a trip to the roof top for a fireside drink, catching the Stampede on Pearl, a pizza at the Sink, a burger at The Dark Horse, a hike in Chautauqua near the Flatirons when wild raspberries are there for the taking, catching trout with a fly rod up the canyon on Boulder creek, watching a future heisman trophy winner pick up 2000 yards rushing, rushing the field, enjoying the band play on Farrand Field, catching up with old friends at the Sackygate, touring the new facilities, throwing a ball around on Franklin Field. Paying tribute to Junction's legacy brick on the Buff Walk, getting access under the stadium for a halftime beer with an insider, throwing oranges on the field, cup fights, snow games, and the list of game day memories at Folsom is the stuff that makes a life well-lived.

Sure college fans can have this level of emotional life-long bonds on any campus. And, sure, fans of other schools have been spoiled with a lot more wins over the past ten years. There are campuses with more storied rivalries, some incredible BBQ pits, tailgate scenes with live bands, celebrities, bigger and more passionate student sections.

But when Folsom and Boulder is at its best, it's hard to match anywhere.

You didn't mention piss balloons, nail filled marshmallows, or pushing grandmas down stairs once.

Weak.

No blame. It's an ingredient, like a spice, that adds character. It's the kind of arrogant self-important charm that draws out jealous and angry claims that assert CU fans are the worst in the country.

In response to those allegations. my response is, "go **** yourselves" and "we don't live Lincoln."
It's a lot like fenugreek.

Boulder is a great town on gameday. no doubt. i've found curious and strange ways to live here for 26 years now. it's good.

Folsom was electric Saturday night, it was my first game back since 2011 and it felt like the way I remembered it. Sat next to Bobby P and he was talking about how intense of a player Lindsay is, he also mention the SC game and how we were out athleted up front, after thinking about it I don't think so, we were a bit flat and just got plain old coached IMHO, it seemed to me the SC defense knew every play we were going to run and we just couldn't make any adjustments to sustain drives. If you compare the SC/ASU stats to the CU/ASU and CU/SC stats we should have be able to move their front 7 like we moved ASUs. Our lines on both sides of the ball have demonstrated they can push anybody around. See the Michigan film. The Rise is Real and so is the sugar

Folsom was electric Saturday night, it was my first game back since 2011 and it felt like the way I remembered it. Sat next to Bobby P and he was talking about how intense of a player Lindsay is, he also mention the SC game and how we were out athleted up front, after thinking about it I don't think so, we were a bit flat and just got plain old coached IMHO, it seemed to me the SC defense knew every play we were going to run and we just couldn't make any adjustments to sustain drives. If you compare the SC/ASU stats to the CU/ASU and CU/SC stats we should have be able to move their front 7 like we moved ASUs. Our lines on both sides of the ball have demonstrated they can push anybody around. See the Michigan film. The Rise is Real and so is the sugar

Having Sefo back helped. He just understands defenses better and he operates with way more tempo.

I'd love to know more about your experience when you get the time. What positively surprised you; anything negative about the trip? What was different about the atmosphere from your expectations, and what WERE your expectations?

We had one CU jackass sitting in our section that I could have done without. What a boor.
I know that guy! He wanted to fire both Coach Macs, amirite?

Umm, why yes. Yes it was! Indeed.
WRONG! I did not see a single marshmallow full of nails. Nor was there a single Piss bag thrown!
Uh....wait.... those are Fusker myths designed to cover up their of-late incompetence in Boulder, including the 62-36 death knell to their program.

Back