1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That was a tough pill to swallow....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by VABuff5, Nov 11, 2013.

1. VABuff5

VABuff5 Member

I must say, that was one of the hardest 3 quarters of football I've had to watch in quite sometime. I'm here in Maryland and somehow convinced my buddy to go out to the DC Buffs watch party and see our "improving" team. We walked in and it was 10-7, I felt pretty good, thinking "We're going to make more strides this week". Boy was I wrong. People have been saying it for quite sometime, we just don't have the athletes. We don't have the speed, the size, the skill, to compete in the PAC. I like MM and I think he will get this place turned around, but just glanced at scout.com this morning, anyone seen where that awful human being (Butch Jones) at UT's recruiting class is? #2 in the nation. We need to make huge strides in recruiting. While I enjoy the diamond in the rough guys (Addison), we need ELITE players. That being said, I'm headed out this weekend for the game, going to hit the JSU/Cal doubleheader, and I FULLY expect to pull off the sweep. JSU, no brainer, Cal, well that is just wishful thinking. I'd like to meet some fellow AB'ers at the game/tailgate...tell me where to be! Haven't been to Boulder since the UGA game a few years back, I'm out of the loop! Go Buffs!:slayer:

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

we would be a lot better if teams didn't prepare to play us or take us seriously.

3. Walter White

Walter White Member

What makes you think they do?

4. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

Cal will be the first team to take us seriously in the conference. Utah might, depending on how this weekend goes.

As one of my Oregon buddies noted, "Don't get too excited. You guys stayed with us into the second quarter because we were looking way past you. Once we got focused even a little bit ... well, you see what happened."

5. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

They must've been looking ahead to Bama.

6. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

the CU vs Washington and CU vs Fresno St. are at the top of the list of all badly played football games. The CU vs Texas game was bad, but at least the Buffs made it that far before imploding. I have not forgotten about Missouri either (Karma came around for the 5th down).

7. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Yes, fans are uniquely qualified to determine when their team is looking past another team. Was your friend in the stands when that former Oregon player got all bent out of shape?

What a ****ing stupid thing to say.

8. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

Seriouly, you shoulhave punchedhim in the face. What a douche

9. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

First of all I'm the best arm chair quarter back you've ever seen. Is your fantasy team 5-5? I didn't think so. Now stfu bitch.

10. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

You should have taken the blue pill.