What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 10 Worst BCS Teams (article)

Poster driven by facts, stats and numbers.

Purely driven by emotion.

So why would anyone ever celebrate another losing season? "We lost more than we won! Let's party! Woo what a great ****ing year that was!"

So why would anyone ever celebrate another losing season? "We lost more than we won! Let's party! Woo what a great ****ing year that was!"

It's called progress. It means we are getting better, it means we are building something that in 5 years we can look back on this and call it the foundation to what we have.

With what Embree was left with going into last year, then what he lost to graduation and injury this year, if he gets to 5 wins that should be celebrated.

Let's look at it this way, the OL was absolutely atrocious last year, they couldn't open up holes to get a run game going and they couldn't protect Hansen for more then a couple of seconds. Well I have read the OL called the "the core, most experienced unit, solid and talented" among other praises. You know why that is? Because the entire team has question marks and is inexperienced. Asking true Freshman to come in and contribute is a tall order, that is the rest of the team is full of.

It's called progress. It means we are getting better, it means we are building something that in 5 years we can look back on this and call it the foundation to what we have.

With what Embree was left with going into last year, then what he lost to graduation and injury this year, if he gets to 5 wins that should be celebrated.

Let's look at it this way, the OL was absolutely atrocious last year, they couldn't open up holes to get a run game going and they couldn't protect Hansen for more then a couple of seconds. Well I have read the OL called the "the core, most experienced unit, solid and talented" among other praises. You know why that is? Because the entire team has question marks and is inexperienced. Asking true Freshman to come in and contribute is a tall order, that is the rest of the team is full of.

Yes it's progress (only a small amount) but I'm not going to celebrate a losing season, especially with how easy our schedule is this year with one of, if not the easiest OOC schedule in the country and half of our schedule has new coaching staffs. A 7th straight losing season should not ever be celebrated because after all, it's still a losing season and recruits won't really take notice of that.

Look, no one is happy with 5 wins. But we had 3 last year, granted new regime new system, but at least we had some experience. This season we are the youngest team in the nation! We can't expect miracles. I am dying to get back to a bowl game too and hey, if everything breaks our way for once and we pull an upset here or there who knows it just may happen. But for now winning 5 is growth and it is a step forward. If you think back to last year we probably could have won 5 had we gotten a break, certainly the Cal game stands out as winable as well as Washington State, both should have and could have been wins. So lets win the ones we are supposed to win, if that even exists and then hope for a couple upsets and at least be in position to contend for a bowl game. That is my theory onthis season. I am going to stay even tempered through the good and the bad as long as I see improvement and mistakes being cleaned up. Plus I am forced to watch the Huskies at Century LInk Field this season which i amnot looking forward too, going to miss Husky Stadium.

Look, no one is happy with 5 wins. But we had 3 last year, granted new regime new system, but at least we had some experience. This season we are the youngest team in the nation! We can't expect miracles. I am dying to get back to a bowl game too and hey, if everything breaks our way for once and we pull an upset here or there who knows it just may happen. But for now winning 5 is growth and it is a step forward. If you think back to last year we probably could have won 5 had we gotten a break, certainly the Cal game stands out as winable as well as Washington State, both should have and could have been wins. So lets win the ones we are supposed to win, if that even exists and then hope for a couple upsets and at least be in position to contend for a bowl game. That is my theory onthis season. I am going to stay even tempered through the good and the bad as long as I see improvement and mistakes being cleaned up. Plus I am forced to watch the Huskies at Century LInk Field this season which i amnot looking forward too, going to miss Husky Stadium.
So are you saying that 6 wins would be a miracle?

I don't want to say yes, but I would be pumped for 6 W's. Double the wins as last year with a younger team albeit easier schedule. I am holding out hope for a miracle 6 wins. Yes. lol

I'd be pumped for 6 wins to, but it's not going to take a miracle to get there.

Upon further review I think you are right, it wouldn't be a miracle, it is a tall order but reading more about some of our opponents It could happen. I am optimistic.

We.Are.Marshall?

Marshall just had to deal with a plane wreck, we had Hawkins. At least people felt sorry for Marshall, they just laughed at the Bozo from Boise and what he did to us.

Eh. We just lost a senior qb, a senior rb, our two best receivers off of a 3 win season. 6 wins is as close to a miracle as it comes, in my book. Here's to hoping.

Eh. We just lost a senior qb, a senior rb, our two best receivers off of a 3 win season. 6 wins is as close to a miracle as it comes, in my book. Here's to hoping.

It's not going to take a miracle. If Duff says a bowl game, it's not taking a miracle.

You also need to look at other teams (new staffs), and not just CU.

It's not going to take a miracle. If Duff says a bowl game, it's not taking a miracle.

You also need to look at other teams (new staffs), and not just CU.

Didn't Duff call you an "uninformed idot" about 20 times over the Spring?

Back