What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2013 CU vs CSU game

Only because Kory Sperry played for them for 10 years. :lol:

:lol: I agree. BUT, having two solid TEs would mean CU will have to deal with matchup problems all game long. If CU can shut down one or both TEs on the field, that will mean we finally have a worthy defensive staff in what seems like forever.

Not happy about our OL right now. Wood, until proven otherwise, has a very fragile confidence. Hope he gets going early.

Oline is scary, hope they tighten that up a bit before kickoff, might help. Two TE's could be a problem especially if they can run the ball. If we are solid on run D, maybe we can pin the ears back and blitz the **** outta them. Introduce their qb to the turf, TEs can't hurt ya much lol.

Just depends on who has the speed advantage. Colorado might have more overall speed, but CSU has a major advantage in their players knowing their assignments and being able to act/react more quickly thus being faster. It will just depend on how well prepared the players and coaches are.

We are really screwed if CSU beats us because they're the easiest game on the schedule.

Central Arkansas >> CSU.

This game will be telling for both teams. CSU sucked last year also and their defense was not very good. But some believe they came on at the end of last year and does that mean they are turning the corner - who knows.

CU needs good play out of the QB position, lacking that we are going to put a poor defense on the field way too much.

My heart says that CU should win this game. My head says that in a transition year for the Buffs, CSU will be a little ahead of us in the first game of the season. This is still a winnable game for the Buffs but I have no idea of what we will see.

We are really screwed if CSU beats us because they're the easiest game on the schedule.

Central Arkansas >> CSU.

After looking at UCA's schedule from last season and their results, you might be on to something. They did beat Sam Houston State, who showed up in the FCS CCG last season, by four points.

On the other hand, I'm not done drinking the kool-aid.

This game will be telling for both teams. CSU sucked last year also and their defense was not very good. But some believe they came on at the end of last year and does that mean they are turning the corner - who knows.

CU needs good play out of the QB position, lacking that we are going to put a poor defense on the field way too much.

My heart says that CU should win this game. My head says that in a transition year for the Buffs, CSU will be a little ahead of us in the first game of the season. This is still a winnable game for the Buffs but I have no idea of what we will see.

This game has been like groundhog day for a while now. Whoever runs the football, gets to the QB, hits on a few long play action plays, and doesn't turn it over usual comes out ahead on the ledger. This one has the same feel this year.

CSU came on a bit toward the end of the year, but it was against some pretty bad teams (See New Mexico and Hawaii). It does look like the offensive line will be the strength of the team this year along with the running backs. The QB situation needs work and one of the freshman wideouts is going to have to step up on the outside to free up the veteran TEs and slot receivers. Very big question marks right now at those positions.

On defense, the D-line added some nice bodies, but it remains to be seen whether it translates into better performance in the trenches. We were pretty poor against the run last year. The LBs are solid and this defense will go as far as the Shaq Barrett takes them. I would not be surprised to see him drafted after the year. The secondary looks good at the safety positions, but there are question marks at the corners. Some good young players vying for spots on the outside, but definitely younger players needing some experience.

Hard to tell what to expect from this CSU team this year. McElwain has been very positive all camp and continues to state that we are a lot further along than last year at this time. Based on comments from some of the players in the paper - you can tell they are more comfortable in the system and with the expectations of the staff.

Last edited:
Our QBs must stay tough this season with our Oline, which I don't really see working out.

If CSU has a good RB squad, oline and TEs we're pretty much F'd, no?

I know it did not play out last year, but a team with decent RBs and marginal WRs is a decent matchup for us. Especially a team that does not attack the edges as much as other teams on the schedule.

This game has been like groundhog day for a while now. Whoever runs the football, gets to the QB, hits on a few long play action plays, and doesn't turn it over usual comes out ahead on the ledger. This one has the same feel this year.

CSU came on a bit toward the end of the year, but it was against some pretty bad teams (See New Mexico and Hawaii). It does look like the offensive line will be the strength of the team this year along with the running backs. The QB situation needs work and one of the freshman wideouts is going to have to step up on the outside to free up the veteran TEs and slot receivers. Very big question marks right now at those positions.

On defense, the D-line added some nice bodies, but it remains to be seen whether it translates into better performance in the trenches. We were pretty poor against the run last year. The LBs are solid and this defense will go as far as the Shaq Barrett takes them. I would not be surprised to see him drafted after the year. The secondary looks good at the safety positions, but there are question marks at the corners. Some good young players vying for spots on the outside, but definitely younger players needing some experience.

Hard to tell what to expect from this CSU team this year. McElwain has been very positive all camp and continues to state that we are a lot further along than last year at this time. Based on comments from some of the players in the paper - you can tell they are more comfortable in the system and with the expectations of the staff.

Any reports on the WRs - that is the weakest position for CSU along with LB. I thought I would hear more about Willie Udofia - JC experience and has speed thought he might be a quick fix at WR.

Any reports on the WRs - that is the weakest position for CSU along with LB. I thought I would hear more about Willie Udofia - JC experience and has speed thought he might be a quick fix at WR.
damn Gold.. dudes going to have the game of his life now

McElwain said today he might use four quarterbacks against CU. Four.

CSU came on? It took a last second TD to beat a terrible New Mexico team at home. CSU's victories came against teams with a combined 5 fbs victories, most coming against eachother

Same rules apply, football is a pretty simple game when u get down to it. Time to put little bro in his place.

I have been reading that of the true freshman wide outs Rashard Higgins and the former Washington commit, Sammie Long, have been the most impressive so far in practice and will likely see time this year. The redshirt freshman, Jordan Vaden, had a really good spring and camp will likely get the start on the outside for the RMS. McElwain is bringing in a different type of receiver than CU fans are used to seeing on the CSU sidelines. Most of the young guys are 6'2 or above. As far as Udofia goes, I haven't heard much about him. He just arrived on campus in August and I can't imagine he will know the system well enough to have that much of an impact in the RMS.

Not sure where you are getting the information about the LBs. They actually look like they will be the strength of the defense this year. Shaq Barrett is an excellent tackler and can rush the passer. Cory James was a freshman All-American at seasons end and a likely all-conference player this year. Aaron Davis and Max Morgan are Juniors and will start on the inside of the base 3-4.

I'm just pissed it is at that sh*thole of a pro stadium, against CU's a**hole little bro' team and on a Sunday. Again.

fify.......

We'll see on outcomes---HCMM has a good history vs. the Lambs. But last year, as bad as WB&CO were, they were winning and on the verge of a Lammies' collapse, when teh stoopid overtook the staff in the last :46 seconds of the first half! Why bother even sending DD in at that point to field that punt? Only three things could have happened, two of then bad for CU. A bad one did..........

There went the whole season, more or less,, on that one stoooooopid play-call.

Last edited:
Anybody who thinks csu "came on" at the end of last season should go back and watch the Wyoming tape. The Cowboys disected their defense to the tune of 45 points in November. They had no answer that day.

The only acceptable thing to be said about this game.

ever.

xDAFX.gif

Back