What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2013 CU vs CSU game

I would be.
Why? He got curb stomped last year by San Jose state. Mac beat them the year before when he was still building his program. Personally I love the fact that Mac has faced CSwho before and beat them. He seems to understand the importance of the game and will know how to scheme for the lambs. I don't understand all the hand wringing here. If we had any decent coach last year we win by 4 td's. Of course we didn't so we didn't. This has been a very close game in the recent past but I will be surprised if we don't win by 17. I feel sorry for all you Indirect TV customers who are going to miss this.

Why? He got curb stomped last year by San Jose state. Mac beat them the year before when he was still building his program. Personally I love the fact that Mac has faced CSwho before and beat them. He seems to understand the importance of the game and will know how to scheme for the lambs. I don't understand all the hand wringing here. If we had any decent coach last year we win by 4 td's. Of course we didn't so we didn't. This has been a very close game in the recent past but I will be surprised if we don't win by 17. I feel sorry for all you Indirect TV customers who are going to miss this.

Score prediction?

"Come watch us kick the **** out of the buffaloes"-Allegedly said by McElwhine at their freshmen convocation.

Obviously just pep rally talk, but there's been numerous reports that McElwhine is uber confident

I'm sure that was taken out of context.....

Some of you need to seriously lower your kool-aid intake.
And some need to try to take a sip.
Your negativity gets old...quickly. Other than selfish reasons than seeing the team I love succeed, nothing would make me happier than seeing all the negative posters here go into hiding. Of course, you have had 10 years of futility which to make your case. I understand, to a point, where you come from, but I like to keep that type of cynicism and constant negativity for politics and social media. Teams come from nowhere every year, why not us? We have some talent, we've just had zero coaching and a divided team. Things are looking up. Why not just let the season happen before spewing all the negativity or is it your purpose on this board?

Uh, the game is on CBS Sports Network so DTV customers will get the game.

Your negativity gets old...quickly. Other than selfish reasons than seeing the team I love succeed, nothing would make me happier than seeing all the negative posters here go into hiding. Of course, you have had 10 years of futility which to make your case. I understand, to a point, where you come from, but I like to keep that type of cynicism and constant negativity for politics and social media. Teams come from nowhere every year, why not us? We have some talent, we've just had zero coaching and a divided team. Things are looking up. Why not just let the season happen before spewing all the negativity or is it your purpose on this board?

Duff predicted a bowl game last season. Be gentle with him.

I am looking for 3 more tickets. DM me if you have any extras that you need to get rid of. Would prefer that they are together but there will be plenty of open seats if they are not.

We're all entitled to have our opinion. I'm not being negative for the sake of being negative. We have some talent. I like the direction of the program. But, I don't expect the culture to change overnight. I don't expect the offense or defense to be significantly better than a year ago.

Forgive people for not getting hopes up after the widespread calls of 9-3 in '08, the 10-2 "promise" in '09, 8-4 in 2010, 7-6 in 2011 and 6-6 last year (and I'm being generous, some predictions actually went well beyond this). We're due for some breaks. We'll take them when we get them. It's a new era, but we've gotten ourselves in a world of ****. If HCMM is a magician with a quick turnaround, everyone will welcome it. I can't blame anyone who decides to err on the side of caution at this point, whether their motivation is out of realization of our situation (and fairness to HCMM) or suspicion that as long as Phil is around we'll be rendered to producing half-assed ****.

I'm with bigskybuff here. There's nothing I hate more than opinions that differ from my own. Therefore, I declare all of you who have a different opinion than I to please shut the **** up. When I decide to stop freebasing the kool-aid, I'll let you all know and differing opinions may become acceptable at that time.

Absolutely right. CSU is a bad team. 4-8 last year, should have lost to both CU and UNM and none of their losses were close. Not one team on CSU's schedule this year, except maybe their lower division opponent, is dreading seeing them on the schedule. Macintyre and a lot of his coaches have prepared for and beaten this CSU team before. There is no excuse for losing this one.

We're all entitled to have our opinion. I'm not being negative for the sake of being negative. We have some talent. I like the direction of the program. But, I don't expect the culture to change overnight. I don't expect the offense or defense to be significantly better than a year ago.

Even if that were true (and your prognostications are no better than anyone else's), last year CU had the Lammies on the ropes and in a funk, despite CU abandoning their double secret offense in the second quarter....then came teh stoopid and the game (and thence the season), collapsed from that point. Yet, the Lammies only won by 5 and had to withstand a rally from a deflated and extremely confused Buffs' offense to accomplish that.

With this new staff, there is, and can be no comparison to last year's team, simply because there is not a single hold-over from the past FUBAR staff, unless you believe the mojo from WB&CO is so bad that nothing HCMM has done, can overcome last year's efforts by over-matched, under or non-coached freshmen and sophmores.

Its obvious you (like many of the punk ass whiners in residence here) choose to disbelieve, discount or ignore every single good thing said or posted about the changes in this program and ignore the new staff's track record---including two decisive wins over the Lammies while coaching SJSU. So be it! I recall the same claptrap when Tad was hired (Awwww! UNC? We got a loser from Greeley??)

But then, your type will be in the front row of the bandwagon, glad-handing and back-slapping HCMM, demanding special favors from the AD when things get rolling! Been there, seen that from you negatory punks.

I am truly expecting major steps forward this year and a much better team.

Unfortunately we were so bad last year that we could be much better and still only win 2-4 games.

That isn't being negative, people who have known me on this site know that I have been called a Kool-aid drinker for years and I do believe that M2 has us on the climb. Trouble is that it is a very deep hole we are in.

So just to be clear, we can't apply anything of last year's CU team to ourselves. We can apply everything of 2012 San Jose State to ourselves. However, we also can apply all of 2012 Colorado State to their 2013 team because they have the same head coach? I just want some clarity.

I am looking forward to see a team that will be competitive in every game. BTW why hasn't Coach Mac named a Starting QB with about 6 days to go to the game?

So just to be clear, we can't apply anything of last year's CU team to ourselves. We can apply everything of 2012 San Jose State to ourselves. However, we also can apply all of 2012 Colorado State to their 2013 team because they have the same head coach? I just want some clarity.

Exactly right. Don't leave out the part about negative punks who jump on bandwagons. Lots of bandwagon fans of this board, that's for sure.

Exactly right. Don't leave out the part about negative punks who jump on bandwagons. Lots of bandwagon fans of this board, that's for sure.

Don't think I haven't noticed that 12-37 record CU's posted since you joined AB you bandwagon riding bastard. You're worse than the Oregon fans.

Last edited:
Even if that were true (and your prognostications are no better than anyone else's), last year CU had the Lammies on the ropes and in a funk, despite CU abandoning their double secret offense in the second quarter....then came teh stoopid and the game (and thence the season), collapsed from that point. Yet, the Lammies only won by 5 and had to withstand a rally from a deflated and extremely confused Buffs' offense to accomplish that.

With this new staff, there is, and can be no comparison to last year's team, simply because there is not a single hold-over from the past FUBAR staff, unless you believe the mojo from WB&CO is so bad that nothing HCMM has done, can overcome last year's efforts by over-matched, under or non-coached freshmen and sophmores.

Its obvious you (like many of the punk ass whiners in residence here) choose to disbelieve, discount or ignore every single good thing said or posted about the changes in this program and ignore the new staff's track record---including two decisive wins over the Lammies while coaching SJSU. So be it! I recall the same claptrap when Tad was hired (Awwww! UNC? We got a loser from Greeley??)

But then, your type will be in the front row of the bandwagon, glad-handing and back-slapping HCMM, demanding special favors from the AD when things get rolling! Been there, seen that from you negatory punks.

Save your childish attacks for the people who aren't willing to travel to see the team, to donate money, and to read about them on a daily basis.

Don't think I haven't noticed that 12-37 record CU's posted since you joined AB you bandwagon riding bastard. You're worse than the Oregon fans.

Seems you and buFFenUFf are onto me. Time for me to go bandwagon another team at the height of their success. I'm thinking.. the U. They're clearly prime for a run.

I really don't get Coach Sparkles comments. He is a Saban disciple and that is what Rams fans use as to why he is a good coach. I'm pretty sure Saban would never overlook a team and come out and say that he was more worried about the next game even if that is what he felt. I think the rams win the game but I don't get the (over) confidence.

+1 (12, actually)

Unlike most of you, I have no clue what to expect on Sunday. I'm hopeful that the combination of a competent coaching staff and more experienced players will lead to a great deal of improvement. OTOH, CSU is starting its second year with the same staff, so they have the "stability" thing going. There are just so many unanswered questions with the Buffs. I'm starting to get that nervous feeling in anticipation. Or is it my gall bladder acting up?

Back