1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The absurdity of this story is comical

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=128355&catid=188

Feel free to watch the video on the right too. Do big-time football schools have to put up with crap like this?

I mean, now we are going to criticize a football coach for not reading e-mails? Really? Is this an episode of the Twilight Zone?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The sheer gall of the man to have a private work email account. I was trying to support him, but this just put me over the edge. :rolleyes:

I saw this on Rivals and people were actually using the story as a reason to blast Hawkins. Really? :lol:

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

4. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Umm, I have "public" and "private" email accounts I use for BS sites vs. friends/business, respectively, and I suppose almost everyone online does, except pure neophytes. "Secret" email acount, hahaha.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Who can blame him for that? I'm a nobody and get more e:mail than I can manage. I can get 30 or 40 a day and its too much. I'd imagine he gets hundreds upon hundreds.

6. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

He didn't have a private email account before this? Maybe that's why he was doing a poor job of coaching. The dude couldn't communicate with anyone because his email was full of "YOU SUCK". At least DS didn't try and email him his intentions.

7. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

SBG likes this.
  8. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Haha, so who are the top players? The ones he is sure aren't transferring? Or the ones he knows like him? Or the ones who sit the bench, but shouldn't?

9. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

Its really funny that powers that be didnt see this as a sign that things need to be changed. If your coach has 5,000 "you suck, eff off and day" emails a day, thats a bad thing.

10. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

how long until this gets out?

11. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Although I don't believe in sending emails blasting the guy, I do find it ironic for a guy who a short time ago was running around embracing technology and the social networking is now not reading anything. Seems like not too long ago he was quoting the great emails he was getting.

12. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

13. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Ohhh geez, the media is piling on now... This is the kind of crap you have to deal with though when you are losing and the school does nothing about it. In all due respect though, Hawk did come across as a whiny moron in that story. No matter if it was about something petty, this did not help him in public opinion.

14. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That's what I was thinking. The high profile folks at the University, from Benson to DiStefano to coaches, Plati, etc. should probably all have an e-mail address for public contact and another for work correspondence - just for the sake of efficiency... :huh:

15. Bolond

Bolond Member

So what is the approved medium for voicing our displeasure with the current boobs in charge? I doubt they read message boards. Boo.

16. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

17. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

If you buy tickets to the game or not. Only way they will know/see that we are unhappy.

18. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Yes, especially with his email address posted regularly with instructions to email him. I've seen his, Bohn's and DiStephano's emails sticked in some places.

After the first couple hundred emails, seriously, who has time to read all this? I'd rather he spend his time figuring out what is going to be different next year, and trying to recruit some guys who can make it happen. Coaches and players.

19. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

20. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Pictures?:smile2:

DH can't do anything right at this point in time. He's just going to have to buckle down and win or will only get worse.

21. Duff Man

I agree. Just thought this story was funny. "9 Wants to Know":lol:

Reminds me of the story a few years ago where one of the news stations did a story reporting that we had actually paid Montana State to play us. An actual investigative report on a school paying OOC foes to play them? Really?

22. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

30 to 40 is too much? Seriously? I get that many by 6am.

23. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I can't believe that 9News felt they actually had to state that "we're not going to publish his new secret e-mail address". Uh no, I wouldn't think so, since that was kind of the whole point of your story in the first place.

24. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Clearly a slow news day. However, Danny sure does a great job at perpetuating his frustrating attitude toward the fan base. Let's compare his perspective with the Oregon coach, who paid the fan back for his expenses to travel to Boise. The Oregon coach took responsibility for his team's performance, and puts his money where his mouth is.

Danny, on the other hand, comes across as someone who has no time for anything other than focusing on the job at hand (which, by the way, he has miserably failed at). I wonder if his assistant coaches wipe his tail after he uses the restroom. Danny is too busy working on his gameplan to take the time for such things.

25. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

The best part was Juicebox lamenting all the negative emails as unproductive, asking instead for people to tell him how to "fix" things. Hawkins is such an a**hole. He would be better off just not talking to anyone. Everytime he opens his mouth he makes people hate him even more.

26. Duff Man

I think Hawkins should have been fired. I do not like the guy. But I have a really hard time being angry at what he said in this story. I am sure he got some really nasty e-mails early on this season that truly served no purpose other than to call him names.

27. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Are you having upsetness that Dan called your "**** off and die you loser!" emails unproductive? :smile2:

28. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Not to beat a dead horse, but what does Danny do during the day, if he does not read emails, and has his assistants spoon feed him information? During the season, it does not appear that he is engaged in the gameplan, based on his reactions on the sidelines and his flippant remarks to the media. In the offseason, what is he doing....recruiting? I would think he has hours upon hours to read emails while he is on airplanes.

As I have said before, he does not come anywhere close to exhibiting the traits of a CEO, which is really what he is. And that is the rub for me. He is not a CEO, and he is not a strong coach of football fundamentals. So what does that leave us with? An imposter who is burying the Buff program.

29. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

Closest advisors & top players = all people w/ the last name Hawkins. They have to wear tin foil hats when emailing him too.

>Hawkins get a new secret e-mail that would be known only to his closest advisors and top players.

30. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Danny boy must have had to read through a ****pot full of emails to find those 3 or 4 "gems" he read during that press conference a few weeks ago.