What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Excuses versus the facts...

Agreed. Some things haven't gone our way, but good coaches will overcome that. I'd buy into the new system, inexperience, young thing if half the teams we were playing weren't dealing with the same crap and beating us.

And if he didn't run off all of our Upper class men QB's while the younger ones could have had time to sit down and watch for a year or two would have probably helped us a lot better in that category also.

Agreed. Some things haven't gone our way, but good coaches will overcome that. I'd buy into the new system, inexperience, young thing if half the teams we were playing weren't dealing with the same crap and beating us.
My eyes were opened a bit at the aTm game. They are every bit as young, if not younger, that we are and they are going to a bowl game.

IMO when it comes to all of the personal foul penilties, (face mask, roughing the QB, late hit out of bounds, etc) that is a clear cut sign of a very undisiplined team. I thought I herd somewhere that this year the Buffs are one of the most penilized teams in the country. That problem falls on the coaching staff as a whole.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Like it or not, we are young. Also, the O Line is on its 5th coach in 6 years. We also went the entire summer with an OC that quit and we had to throw a new one in with no real time to implement his system. But young teams win as well and these guys were continually not prepared. I still think the pieces are in place for us to turn the corner pretty quickly.

Does Hawk write your posts or do you write his news conference opening statements?

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Like it or not, we are young. Also, the O Line is on its 5th coach in 6 years. We also went the entire summer with an OC that quit and we had to throw a new one in with no real time to implement his system. But young teams win as well and these guys were continually not prepared. I still think the pieces are in place for us to turn the corner pretty quickly.

This is not true. Helfrich left immediately after SPRING drills. Kiseau was named OC right afterwards and had the entire summer to implement his system.

This is not true. Helfrich left immediately after SPRING drills. Kiseau was named OC right afterwards and had the entire summer to implement his system.

...and which should have essentially been the same the system. It's not like an outsider came into to the job. Kiesau was the WR/QB coach under Helfrich/Hawk since they all came to CU in the first place.

Vic Lombardy - Hawk News?

Is pimping news about Hawk on Twitter, if anyone happens to watch that news tonight, can ya repeat it for us out of staters. Don't go out of your way, I'm sure it's just a thinly veiled attempt at grabbing some viewers with some non-news news, but ya never know.

VicLombardi
Got some news on Coach Hawk...checking sources...yes, we check our facts...I'll have something tonight at 10.

Breaking News In Boulder

What Hawkins is telling his assistants tonight........

That's the 'teaser' I just heard on Channel 4

more to come in about 12-15 min

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

What Hawkins is telling his assistants tonight........

That's the 'teaser' I just heard on Channel 4

more to come in about 12-15 min

Why wait 15

Contacted Mike Bohn about it...he won't comment until Thursday. One CU assistant tells me Hawk met with the chancellor 2 days ago.

VicLombardi
Hawk telling his coaches that he's coming back. Not sure if that's just him talking or if the administration really told him as much.
[/URL]

Re: Vic Lombardy - Hawk News?

CBS4 just said breaking news on what Hawkins is telling his assistant coaches tonite....stay tuned!

Telling his staffers he's staying is a bit different that actually knowing he's staying.

That said, if true, it's a dark dark day for Colorado Athletics. Phil and Bohn have thrown in the towel.

Telling his staffers he's staying is a bit different that actually knowing he's staying.

That said, if true, it's a dark dark day for Colorado Athletics. Phil and Bohn have thrown in the towel.

I just don't understand why CU would cancel recruiting for the biggest game of the year if Hawk was staying.

I just don't understand why CU would cancel recruiting for the biggest game of the year if Hawk was staying.

It makes no sense. On the other hand, it IS Bohn and Hawkins, so why does it need to make sense.

DiStefano is a big Hawk suporter, Bohn may have made the decision and Phil may have changed his mind at the last second, who knows.

Edit: Based on the people reporting he's been fired, I still think he's gone unless Phil gave him a last minute reprieve without consulting Bohn.

You and Hawkins have alot in common - you never shut up.
beating_dead-horse-gif.gif

No worries all. He won't be here.

He spoke with DiStefano and was led to believe he'll be back. Bohn isn't talking.

How can that be if the coaches aren't allowed to interact with the players until about three weeks before the season?

I'm getting so pissed that I can't even post one God damned contrary view without getting ****ing ripped apart! Not you so much, but the other shots in this thread. Oh well.

He spoke with DiStefano and was led to believe he'll be back. Bohn isn't talking.

Given that DiStefano is the Chancellor though he could ensure that Bohn doesn't fire him. He would neuter Bohn if that were the case and I could see Bohn looking for greener pastures if he doesn't have the support of the administration.

Oh and just because Hawk believes he might be back doesn't necessarily mean his assistants aret guaranteed to be back with him.

EDIT: Bad edit, nvm.

If this is true that he gets one more year....Bohn needs to go NOW!
Why would you blame Bohn? He works under the university administration. They are the ones that control the purse strings. Anyway, just stay calm until you know something for sure.

My God, this school doesn't even know how to fire a football coach..

Its amateur hour at CU.. :sad2:

If this is true that he gets one more year....Bohn needs to go NOW!

If he is back, I think Bohn will quit. Like I said, based on the incredible amount of smoke, the only way he comes back is if DiStefano neuters Bohn and completely disregards Bohn's opinion to bring Hawkins back.

Edit: Forgot to add, I don't believe it would be Bohn's fault.

I think everyone needs to calm the **** down for a bit! No one knows jack **** right now. It was a "he said, she said" report. No facts.

Back