What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

lammiefusker, you think we're obsessed with NU too much? It seems like you are on a buff board a lot. I like you here, but you sound like a hypocrit.

lammiefusker, you think we're obsessed with NU too much? It seems like you are on a buff board a lot. I like you here, but you sound like a hypocrit.

warning: shuckers are known to be incapable of percieving their glaring hypocricies. even when pointed out with numerous examples. :smile2:

simply stated: he won't "get it".

More rumors. I told you this wasn't about how the football team was playing.

I'd heard about this assclown from a friend (who is a booster of some substance...) the day after Pedy was let go.

This was THE major reason Pedy was canned... this individual said it would be coming out in the media within a couple weeks, guess they were right. Perlman didn't say anything about it because if he did, it would look like he didn't know what was going on in the Athletic Department.

http://www.journalstar.com/huskerextra/foo...7e081713880.txt

One thing they mentioned that the article doesn't... Pedy used some kind of "under the radar" type of contract (below a certain $$ amout or per diem) to run this clown's contract straight through the Athletic Department, bypassing the Regents, so they were unaware of it, or at least weren't made aware of the details.

Someone in the Athletic Department went to Howard Hawks bitching about this guy, saying he was the one who drove off Paul Myers and other key Athletic Department staff. Since Hawks, or none of the Regents for that matter knew about it, Hawks went ballistic, got in Perlman's face and said this **** ends now and if you don't know what's going on in your Athletic Department, maybe we'd better take a look at you, too. Perlman, in classic, cover-your-ass fashion, confirmed for himself the dysfunctionality of the Athletic Department (he was TOTALLY snowed by Pedy), called some Pedy-hating boosters to put up the $$$ to pay off his newly Harvey-approved contract extension (further covering his ass), and canned Pederson before his own tit got caught in the wringer.

Now... I told you that to tell you this...

Since that little tidbit turned out to be true, I was also told:

1. There are HUGE, and I mean HUUUUUGE, racial problems on the team. While there has always been some of this, to some degree, both TO and Solich both kept it under control by keeping the players focused on the "team" and the big picture. Callahan has not been able to control it (how 'bout them Raiders?). The Suh/Haines fight that resulted in Haines' broken nose (and was actually driven by an incident involving Grigsby in practice a few weeks earlier) was one of the few public results of the racial problems on the team. There are others, but so far they have been kept out of the media.

2. At least one coaching "search" is well underway, but not by Osborne, so TO isn't bullshitting with his "I'll evaluate the coaches at the end of the year..." talk. Keep in mind that A.D.'s need permission to talk to another school's coaches... Regents and boosters apparently are not quite as restricted (look... we all know how this **** works).

This person said that two Regents (names withheld to protect source; sorry, **** you if you don't like it) are working with several boosters as "go-betweens" to get Pelini "onboard" now so it's a done deal at the end of the season when Cally is let go. Texas A&M is going after Pellini hard, so there is a coordinated effort to show Bo some love now (read: NU Foundation $$$) to entice him to come to NU. Note that this effort is not necessarily supported by all Regents or the Foundation, or even Osborne. Hell, they may not even know about it. But these guys are trying to put a "package" in place that makes it easy to pull the trigger and hire Bo immediately after Cally is let go shortly before or after the Colorado game, thereby saving the recruiting class and avoiding the cluster**** of a coaching search that Pedy put us through.

Oh, and this individual did indeed confirm that Pedy is a USDA Grade A, Prime Cut Asshole (Like there was any doubt). Also said there are a lot more things that may or may not come out in the media, but the average fan has no idea how dysfunctional the Athletic Department and several NU sports teams were under Pedy's reign.

Now here's a ****ing question: WHERE THE HELL IS THE JOURNAL STAR OR THE WORLD-HERALD ON THIS? A little investigative journalism would be nice, given that the NU system is funded by taxpayers. I know the football program pays it's way and the way of all other teams, but last I heard, the Chancellor and the Regents receive their salaries via Nebraska taxpayers... and there's a whoooole lotta **** goin' on at dear ol' NU.

Take it for what it's worth... just another interwebs rumor, but since the "consultant" thing turned out to be on target, I thought I'd share the rest, making redout.org the ONLY place to go for the best NU internet rumors.

http://redout.org/ipb/index.php?showtopic=30292

Pretty much, we all suck this year. The difference being that we are slowly, but surely clawing our way out of the abyss while the Corn appear to be attempting to put in a basement.

According to my extended NE family, Osborne is the husker program savior...so there.

(Really, I asked for reasons why and they said, "just 'cause")

According to my extended NE family, Osborne is the husker program savior...so there.

(Really, I asked for reasons why and they said, "just 'cause")
Dude, question his divinity at your own risk. He did win three nat'l championships at kNU! It'll be my luck that he is sitting beside Brigham Young arguing speed-option v. spread offenses when I turn up at the pearly gates. Although, my bet is they will all be on Coach Mac's staff anyway!

Dude, question his divinity at your own risk. He did win three nat'l championships at kNU! It'll be my luck that he is sitting beside Brigham Young arguing speed-option v. spread offenses when I turn up at the pearly gates. Although, my bet is they will all be on Coach Mac's staff anyway!

that ****ing sucks. if i show up and that tard is nearby, i am picking his ass up and dragging him to warmer climes.

i would question brigham's coaching ability based on his decision about where to set up shop for his team....

:cool:

i don't think he would make it onto mac's staff...

hmmmm...are you expecting to have equal access to both hemispheres lb?

:smile2:

i have come to the conclusion that i am undeservedly blessed. if i have access to hades, its bc i deserve it. the access to the pearly gates is because i am deeply loved.

so, yes.

i have come to the conclusion that i am undeservedly blessed. if i have access to hades, its bc i deserve it. the access to the pearly gates is because i am deeply loved.

so, yes.

:smile2:

somehow i have no trouble believing that you will find a way to make it happen...

In the first step toward returning to its glory days, Nebraska hired legendary coach Tom Osborne as its interim athletic director. Osborne immediately reinstalled the triple-option offense and scheduled Pacific, Utah State and Northern Illinois.

We joke only because we miss Osborne and his rushing offense that was so powerful that when the Cornhuskers wanted to keep from running up the score, they started throwing the ball.

For Huskers coach Bill Callahan and his West Coast offense, the triple option means stay, resign or get fired.

I'm not sure what it says about our nation's priorities that Osborne can probably do more to help Nebraska by temporarily overseeing a football program than he could in six years as a congressman.

In the first step toward returning to its glory days, Nebraska hired legendary coach Tom Osborne as its interim athletic director. Osborne immediately reinstalled the triple-option offense and scheduled Pacific, Utah State and Northern Illinois.

We joke only because we miss Osborne and his rushing offense that was so powerful that when the Cornhuskers wanted to keep from running up the score, they started throwing the ball.

For Huskers coach Bill Callahan and his West Coast offense, the triple option means stay, resign or get fired.

I'm not sure what it says about our nation's priorities that Osborne can probably do more to help Nebraska by temporarily overseeing a football program than he could in six years as a congressman.

right on post

UBT: I think TO would tell you the option is much easier to run than the country. Although Tommy Frazier and Bill Clinton apparently have similar tastes in women. : )

Back