What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

Re: Steve Pederson fired...

Dammit. This is horrible, horrible news.

Not sure I agree. Osborne the interim AD and he'll do what, exactly? Hire the next head coach? If you're an aspiring AD would you want to have somebody else in charge of hiring the man responsible for generating all of your revenues? I doubt it. So I expect Osborne will stick around long enough to get somebody else in there. But who will want it? This situation clearly shows that the inmates are running the asylum in stincoln. If that weren't the case, this wouldn't be happening right now. It would happen at the end of the season, which is when it typically happens. Look at A&M - they're in hot water right now too, but nobody is getting fired TODAY because of it.

It's going to be tough to find adequate replacements for both Pederson and Cally. Not that either of them are any good, just that the situation is nuclear right now.

Not sure I agree. Osborne the interim AD and he'll do what, exactly? Hire the next head coach? If you're an aspiring AD would you want to have somebody else in charge of hiring the man responsible for generating all of your revenues? I doubt it. So I expect Osborne will stick around long enough to get somebody else in there. But who will want it? This situation clearly shows that the inmates are running the asylum in stincoln. If that weren't the case, this wouldn't be happening right now. It would happen at the end of the season, which is when it typically happens. Look at A&M - they're in hot water right now too, but nobody is getting fired TODAY because of it.

It's going to be tough to find adequate replacements for both Pederson and Cally. Not that either of them are any good, just that the situation is nuclear right now.
TO gave us Solich.... a handcuffed Solich to boot. This aint all good news if it is TO but the big evil is gone.

Quite true. If you think the last HC coach was a circus just wait until this January...I'm clearing my schedule now so I can watch the Chernobyl event.

University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Harvey Perlman announced he asked UNL Athletic Director Steve Pederson to step down from the post he has held since January 2003. Perlman said he believes Pederson is no longer positioned to move the Athletic Department forward.

"We are of course disappointed about the progress in our football program. Steve has done many positive things for Husker athletics during his tenure but I think only new leadership can objectively assess the state of our program and make the decisions necessary to move us forward," Perlman said.

Pederson's contract was renewed for five years at the end of July.

"You make the best decision you can with the information you have," Perlman said. Since then, Perlman says he has noted a decline in the morale in the Athletic Department, and growing concern about retention of key personnel.

Perlman said he will immediately initiate conversations to identify an interim athletic director with full authority to assess the state of the Athletic Department and its athletic programs and to make any decision necessary to advance those programs. He also indicated his intention to consult with a national search consultant to begin the process for selection of a new permanent athletic director.

"It is not clear how long such a process will take or its precise form. It is important it be done expeditiously but thoughtfully," Perlman said.

"The selection of Steve Pederson in 2003 as athletic director was widely thought to be the only clear choice because of his experience, his roots, and his knowledge of our traditions. I know Steve made the decisions he thought best for the interests of the program and the university. I am disappointed that I had to come to this decision."

we will have a lot more to speculate about at 4.... its going to be a fun ride. all kinds of names floating.... this state is rejoicing.

Time to start cherry picking those fusker recruits. Come on home Bryce, not need to be part of a second rebuilding of the evil red hourde

Time to start cherry picking those fusker recruits. Come on home Bryce, not need to be part of a second rebuilding of the evil red hourde
with out a doubt if change comes to this staff the recruits are all up for grabs. Mizzu did not hurt their chances with Gabbert thats for sure. .... I dont even know what to say... it is a mixed bag of feelings until 4 when we know how this is going to shake out... :thumbsup::huh::sad1::smile2::finger2:

Re: Amusing read

CAn we start a Coloradans for SP fan group to hang banners at the game?

"Pederson finally turned to Callahan, recently fired from the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. Before hiring Callahan on Jan. 9, 2004, several coaches turned down Pederson’s overtures, including Arkansas coach Houston Nutt, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders."

Funny that they admit to this now. :lol:

I'm calling it now. Turner Gill will be the next fusker coach.

I dunno.... I dont know if a move back to the old regime is the ticket.... former huskers on staff would be great.... TG I can live with I guess as long as HE picks his own staff not just the retreads from TO/solich days chosen by TO in a defacto way.

That's because those people are ****ing morons. Anyone that has even a little common sense knows that he was the biggest part of the problem with Callahan and staff coming in a close second. Great move. :wink2:

That's because those people are ****ing morons. Anyone that has even a little common sense knows that he was the biggest part of the problem with Callahan and staff coming in a close second. Great move. :wink2:

I cant believe that read.... This is a good thing but everybody has their fans... even Brittney and Michael Jackson.... so SP will have at least a couple.

I dunno.... I dont know if a move back to the old regime is the ticket.... former huskers on staff would be great.... TG I can live with I guess as long as HE picks his own staff not just the retreads from TO/solich days chosen by TO in a defacto way.

I've heard good and bad things about him so I don't know if I want him as our next coach. :confused:

If TO is the new (interim) AD you honestly think it's not going to be full of former kNU guys?!?!? That's what everyone is clamoring for, getting back to the Knu family and old traditions.

If TO is the new (interim) AD you honestly think it's not going to be full of former kNU guys?!?!? That's what everyone is clamoring for, getting back to the Knu family and old traditions.

Steve Pederson fit the bill. Graduated from NU, worked in the AD. Worked at Tenn and some other big schools. Came back to be the man which he completely ****ed up.

Dont forget that Perlman sited morale and retention in the AD as one of the reasons he canned SP. Football was mentioned but this could be more of an internal issue than anything else though that is not very likely.

I've heard good and bad things about him so I don't know if I want him as our next coach. :confused:

I like TG but.... I dont want a Solich staffer as HC, FS was a failure, TO picked him and the staff, change was not made until it was far too late.

If I get a wish (which I dont) I want a Blackshirt back as DC or multiple Blackshirts on the D staff. Grant Winstrom, Scott Frost, multiple former NU greats that are sewing their seeds as coaches right now. Rathman, there are more. Gadowski... 25 min we will know more. this staff may remain intact (less Coz) for this season or longer??? I dont think it will but that still is a real possibility today.

Steve Pederson fit the bill. Graduated from NU, worked in the AD. Worked at Tenn and some other big schools. Came back to be the man which he completely ****ed up.

AS does TO and Remington, who are rumored to be the new AD and asst AD (with Remington to take over for TO) have strong kNU ties. And I was talking more about the new fusker coach, that will have fusker ties as the current and soon to be ex-coach pretty much threw the kNU tradition in the trash.

Back