What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The back 9

Why do I feel like [strike]Barzil2[/strike] is nothing but weird por..... nvmd that makes sense.

Not to give too much away, but there also is a surefire [strike]multi-level marketing based [/strike] diet plan [strike] over in Barzil2 [/strike] that can help anyone drop [strike] 90 pounds [/strike] a lot of weight.

I think we could beat Oregon State at home. It sure would be nice to shock UCLA, Washington at home too. I think the crowd came alive last week when the team started coming back. I think Folsom could be a factor if we can get a great game day atmosphere to help the team too. It will be fun to see Utah at the end of the year. Maybe, just maybe it will be a game to get us to bowl contention!

We will still have ups and downs, just the nature of a young team, even more so worth a team that has never really had success. But the fight that they have showed the last two weeks is something we haven't had from the team in a while. USC and Oregon are one's we have no shot in, but we have a punches chance at homeagainst the rest of the teams we play at home, plus Cal. Just keep improving every week so that 2015 can be the year we make it back to a bowl game.

Defense is going to have to get much better if we want to be competitive.

You realize we held one of the most explosive and talented offenses in the conference to 2scores below their season average and around 120yds less than their season average. If you take away the 200+ yds in the first quarter, we shut them down for the most part. (fumble and Kelly run hurt).

Not saying we don't have progress to make, but they did a pretty good job on saturday.

I didn't realize you get to throw out your worst quarter at the end of games. My mistake.

I didn't realize you get to throw out your worst quarter at the end of games. My mistake.

It speaks more to the adjustment and growth that the defense made throughout the game. There is reason those same plays the Sun Devils ran in the 1st quarter for big gains didn't happen later. The defense is learning and adapting.

Last in the conference in scoring defense.

Second to last in rushing defense.

We have some pretty serious flaws on defense IMO and it is not limited to talent.

Last in the conference in scoring defense. Held conference opponent to 2 scores below their average

Second to last in rushing defense. Held conference opponent to almost 100yds below their average

We have some pretty serious flaws on defense IMO and it is not limited to talent.

I am not saying they don't need improvement, just that they put in a performance on saturday that was better than expected and that it is a good stepping stone to hopefully better things.

Not much to defend on our defense. 30+ points, almost no turnovers

No shame in giving up 38 to ASU, especially when the offense pretty much gave them 7 of them.

No excuse for the the CSU 2nd half, the UMass 1st half or the ASU 1st quarter.

Probably because USC gave up 450+ rushing yards to BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's wait until conference games are played to see how our run D performs.

USC did get boatraced. A thing of beauty.

We will still have ups and downs, just the nature of a young team, even more so worth a team that has never really had success. But the fight that they have showed the last two weeks is something we haven't had from the team in a while. USC and Oregon are one's we have no shot in, but we have a punches chance at homeagainst the rest of the teams we play at home, plus Cal. Just keep improving every week so that 2015 can be the year we make it back to a bowl game.

I don't think we beat either team, but USC's depth (they have 53 scholly players) will become an issue as this season goes on. Does that hurt against us? Who knows. If Oregon doesn't win this conference, something went horribly wrong in duckland. They are that much better than everybody in the South, and Stanford looks like the only team who might have a chance against the Duck. As far as our immediate schedule, I would say we need to win, and win big Saturday. I don't know what to make of Cal-They were atrocious last year, and really haven't played anyone this year. Northwestern is a below average team in a below average conference, and they look like they've been in a funk that dates back to the appearance they made on gameday last year....Sacramento State is FCS, and they're a disaster this year. Are they better than last year? Yes, but they could easily go to Arizona Saturday and get punked. This team is capable of winning in Berkeley. Oregon State-I don't know what to make of the Beavers. They've got a history of losing to or playing with fire against the FCS (E. Washington, Portland State.......Didn't Sac State beat them a few years back?). I thought we would get them after they lost to EWU last year, and we went there and got punked. We showed Saturday night that we can beat (Hawaii, Utah) or play with (everybody else) the rest of the teams who come to Folsom. Storm Woods concerns me, but theres no Brandin Cooks.

Let me call this now-We are going to get an upset, and its going to happen against UCLA.

If we don't win against Hawaii and at the very LEAST have very competitive games against Cal and OSU, then there is a longer road to hoe than we had hoped. So Buffs should just go 3-0 so we can have some hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that we at least have the primer on how to beat teams at home. Throw a lot, run hurry-up, keep the opposing D honest with some runs, but keep their D on the field and run a ton of plays to gas the opposition.

I think that we at least have the primer on how to beat teams at home. Throw a lot, run hurry-up, keep the opposing D honest with some runs, but keep their D on the field and run a ton of plays to gas the opposition and don't let their QB go 50 yards up the middle totally untouched.
FIFY

Back