What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Basketball Tournament 2016 (Final- Tuesday, 5pm, ESPN)

the free throw differential in this game is abhorable

also, they can review out of bounds plays but not goaltends?

I hate to be that guy but I think the refs have money on Overseas Elite
You've got company...
about the time they missed the goaltend followed by Fran claiming "it's gonna take an autopsy to draw a foul here" after Hall got destroyed under the rim only to have a hand check called against us on the subsequent defensive stand...
That got a little frustrating .

Reactions: wip
Surprised how depressed that made me. Guys really deserved it in my opinion, but **** happens. The refs had some weird bad calls but I can't say they completely dictated the ending. It sucks so bad we don't get a dime after all that

You've got company...
about the time they missed the goaltend followed by Fran claiming "it's gonna take an autopsy to draw a foul here" after Hall got destroyed under the rim only to have a hand check called against us on the subsequent defensive stand...
That got a little frustrating .
The momentum swing on that play was yuge

Very proud of these men. They really represented good ol' CU, with their words and actions. Many of them didn't play for Boyle, but they played Tad ball with their great defense -- considering how little they were able to practice as a team. And they really tried to limit turnovers. Amazing what they accomplished, especially without Roby and against the mercenaries of Overseas Elite (no excuses, but those calls against Hall were the difference).

Team Colorado advanced further than anybody expected. Very proud of what they did and they should be proud of themselves.

Wish Roby would have been healthy enough to play last night.

Team Colorado advanced further than anybody expected. Very proud of what they did and they should be proud of themselves.

Wish Roby would have been healthy enough to play last night.

Would have made a huge difference. Couldn't absorb the foul problems without having a guy like that. Ended up with Relphorde having to dominate the ball and try to put the team on his back, which is exactly the role you don't want Relphorde playing.

Lol oh I knew.

Yeah, I woulda won $4K. Sucks, but proud of the guys. Really wish they didn't walk away with nothing. That no goaltending call was brutal though as was Hall getting rocked with no foul called right before the touch foul on Kennedy. Should be great exposure for the program though and Marcus Hall should get a better job next year for what he showed this tourney. Add Josh Scott and Carlon Brown for next year and let's go!

Apparently I got 5th in the TBT bracket challenge...and get to choose from (after the top 4 pick):
  • $500
  • $250
  • $100
  • Pick an at-large team in TBT 2017 (you can sell you pick through TBT)
  • Eggs for a decade (equal to $1,500 in a preloaded gift card at a national retailer that sells eggs).
  • A TBT Game Ball
  • A personalized TBT uniform with your name on it. Team of your choice.
  • Half-court shot for $5,000. You must shoot. (TBT to set date, time, and location of shot.)
  • Half-court shot for $2,000. You can shoot or anyone can shoot for you. (TBT to set date, time, and location of shot.)
  • Make your fan vote in TBT 2017 worth 1,000 votes for the TBT 2017 team of your choice
So, I might have to power to guarantee the Buffs are in next year, unless they're already guaranteed by being in the final. :) Unless I can get Brett Brady to take my $2k shot for me...

Apparently I got 5th in the TBT bracket challenge...and get to choose from (after the top 4 pick):
  • $500
  • $250
  • $100
  • Pick an at-large team in TBT 2017 (you can sell you pick through TBT)
  • Eggs for a decade (equal to $1,500 in a preloaded gift card at a national retailer that sells eggs).
  • A TBT Game Ball
  • A personalized TBT uniform with your name on it. Team of your choice.
  • Half-court shot for $5,000. You must shoot. (TBT to set date, time, and location of shot.)
  • Half-court shot for $2,000. You can shoot or anyone can shoot for you. (TBT to set date, time, and location of shot.)
  • Make your fan vote in TBT 2017 worth 1,000 votes for the TBT 2017 team of your choice
So, I might have to power to guarantee the Buffs are in next year, unless they're already guaranteed by being in the final. :) Unless I can get Brett Brady to take my $2k shot for me...

Some of these options are confusing to me, as to why one would choose one over the other... ...anyway, I don't know what your financial situation is like, but I'd take that 5k half court shot. Go big or go home in this case. If you work full time at a job you consider a career, then you'll make up 500 bucks sooner than later. Of course though, maybe 500 would come in really handy right now. If you're financially able though, I think you'd be surprised by how easy a half-court shot is. I'm not claiming to shoot even 25% from half-court, or even 10%. But, with some practice, you'd be surprised (not saying I'm great at bball or you're a novice) by how many times you hit rim or get close. I personally go with the baseball throw towards the hoop instead of lining up for a shot. You can practice and give yourself a good shot at 5k. Good luck :)

Some of these options are confusing to me, as to why one would choose one over the other... ...anyway, I don't know what your financial situation is like, but I'd take that 5k half court shot. Go big or go home in this case. If you work full time at a job you consider a career, then you'll make up 500 bucks sooner than later. Of course though, maybe 500 would come in really handy right now. If you're financially able though, I think you'd be surprised by how easy a half-court shot is. I'm not claiming to shoot even 25% from half-court, or even 10%. But, with some practice, you'd be surprised (not saying I'm great at bball or you're a novice) by how many times you hit rim or get close. I personally go with the baseball throw towards the hoop instead of lining up for a shot. You can practice and give yourself a good shot at 5k. Good luck :)
But if you take the eggs you're guaranteed 1500.

Back