What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The big problem with a possible embree/EB coaching hire

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
First, I know this is complete speculation. However I want to look at something else besides how ****ed we are ATM. And these names have been bandied about a lot on multiple boards. I love their positives, but this is a serious concern of mine. So I want to hear the boards thoughts. Let's look to the future eh?

The problem:
Where are the xs and os? To my knowledge neither has ever been a coordinator at any level. That is a trait they share with the hawk. I don't see EB coming in and keisau going happily back to position coach. I know there are a lot of positives to these guys... But I am tired off ppl learning how to plan and call games on cus dime... See: Shawn Watson, helfy, and now keisau. The defensive side of the ball is of course a complete ? ATM, but I am sure that embree would hire someone competent... I just really want a bright xs and os guy around so that for once cu can consistently out game plan and adjust better than the next guy....

Thoughts?

First, I know this is complete speculation. However I want to look at something else besides how ****ed we are ATM. And these names have been bandied about a lot on multiple boards. I love their positives, but this is a serious concern of mine. So I want to hear the boards thoughts. Let's look to the future eh?

The problem:
Where are the xs and os? To my knowledge neither has ever been a coordinator at any level. That is a trait they share with the hawk. I don't see EB coming in and keisau going happily back to position coach. I know there are a lot of positives to these guys... But I am tired off ppl learning how to plan and call games on cus dime... See: Shawn Watson, helfy, and now keisau. The defensive side of the ball is of course a complete ? ATM, but I am sure that embree would hire someone competent... I just really want a bright xs and os guy around so that for once cu can consistently out game plan and adjust better than the next guy....

Thoughts?
Snowbuff: We've got X's & O's coming out our ASS right now and you can see the various "grouping" and the resulting cluster****. What we need is someone who understands what it means to be a warrior and strap it on. EB and Embo know.

Snowbuff: We've got X's & O's coming out our ASS right now and you can see the various "grouping" and the resulting cluster****. What we need is someone who understands what it means to be a warrior and strap it on. EB and Embo know.

I think we need a combination. Right now we're all x's and o's (reportedly, although it is hard to tell...) and no passion. I share SB's concern that under Embree/EB we'd be all passion, no x's and o's. I'm not sure either way is the way to win, although if you have to go all one way or the other all passion is probably my preference. I am VERY tired of watching uninspired performances coached by apparently indifferent coaches.... :sad1:

thats what I am talking about! I like the passion, now where are the brains?

Well can you let JE or EB hire a coaching staff before you start picking apart their x's and o's?

You can have all the X's and O's you want but if you don't have players, you aren't going to win..

EB and JE would improve our recruiting immediately.

And F Kiesau, what the hell has he done? He's allegedly a receiver coach (now an OC) yet we have a bunch of 5-8 walk-ons as our starters.. Why should I care if he's demoted or off the staff?

And F Kiesau, what the hell has he done? He's allegedly a receiver coach (now an OC) yet we have a bunch of 5-8 walk-ons as our starters.. Why should I care if he's demoted or off the staff?

We've recruited WR's pretty well and if you want to talk about recruiting ability based on **** that happened 5 years ago, look at who Keisau was able to bring to CAl.

Well can you let JE or EB hire a coaching staff before you start picking apart their x's and o's?

You can have all the X's and O's you want but if you don't have players, you aren't going to win..

EB and JE would improve our recruiting immediately.

I was assuming eb would be oc. If he's hc then ya I want a bad ass xs and os oc.

i was watching the vikings game yesterday and after a first half of mediocre/bad rb play, the sideline reporter said EB was in their faces, all sorts of mad. anybody see our rb's in the second half??

Back