What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The biggest reason why

In their video preview I seem to recall either Woelk or Ringo said this game wasn't that big in the grand scheme of things.

I disagree. I thought the Buffs couldn't win a scoring contest against the hucksters offense. Man was I wrong!

I think this shows recruits on the offensive side if they come to Colorado they will play for an exciting offense

I think it shows recruits on the defensive side that we need help and there are some starting positions available.

The latter might seem harsh because we were missing T-Wheat but we'll be missing he and Dizon a lot more in the very near future. I'm not interested in being critical but I don't see how anyone could say we don't need big time help on defense. We need quality bodies in droves.

In a moment of near lunacy this AM I debated whether we needed Scott or Smith more if we had to choose between the two.

To sum it up I'm thinking recruiting is the biggest reason why this game was important.

The Defensive Backs will be a concern with T-Wheat gone, and the D-Line needs depth. Overall I'd say the team just needs more size. The fuskers, Mizzou, hell most of the teams on the schedule all seemed to be bigger than CU.

Don't discount the extra practice time. It is HUGE for this young team. Another month of practice will really help the under class men and this is a great reward for the Seniors. They've gone through hell and back. going to a bowl helps recruiting as well, although what bowl it is does not really matter when it's a low level bowl.

in MY order of priority:

1. improved recruiting - if we go to the RIGHT bowl/area. Insight would be good as it is close to Texas and California.
2. extended practice time - this young team needs all the time allowed by the NCAA to practice, practice, practice (please use AI's accent for the last three words)
3. gave these seniors, who have gone through hell for this program, a respectable season, and legacy to reflect on
4. it was Nebraska, and this keeps them at dull roar for the next ~360 days
:smile:

Back