What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The case for Bieniemy

Want Bieniemy?

• YES!!

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • No thanks

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • If he took it as a job in waiting under Mac

Votes: 28 44.4%

• Total voters

Unleash Hell

Pros
-An awesome recruiter
-Has fire, will get his guys to play for him
-Bleeds black and gold
-is 4-0 in his last 4 games against Nebraska when he is apart of the team (not that it will matter now)
-USC offered him a OC position, so he is a hot commodity
-coaching experience at 2 BCS schools (including a Pac-10 school) and 1 NFL team

Cons
-no coordinator or HC experience
-Does have baggage
-Would he stay if a bigger opportunity came calling? Or is his alma mater his dream job?

Make him Offensive Coordinator under Mac with the expectation that he becomes HC eventually, assuming he doesn't add to his baggage in that time...

Pros
will come for less than 2 million
will bring some toughness and a running game.

Cons
might keep hagan on the staff

If we hire Mac, it HAS to be with EB as OC and HCIW, imo. EB will take that deal, as long as the job is promised to him in an appropriate amount of time. Meanwhile, he can get the experience he needs from a great.

His best attribute might be his motivation skills, with both players and boosters. Mac said that his "heart was on fire"

Do we have any idea what kind of O he would run? I would hope that its some sort of option/read/spread, which would suit his recruiting abilities with athletic guys. Hansen is athletic enough to run something like this with Speedy next year.

YES!!

I think he is better suited for HC than OC. He has the intangibles required for the top spot and his recruiting would likely be lights out. My preference would be EB as HC and bring some quality, proven coordinators to round out the Xs and Os.

If the HC position doesn't have to have coordinator exprience, I'm all for EB. I saw where it was said that he could end up coaching at another school in the Pac-12 and it would be dumb to allow that to happen. UCLA fans still love EB too.

This is where my head is at now. He is the biggest risk on the board probably, but he is the only name that makes me even a little excited.

why would we make him an OC since he has absolutely no experience calling plays.

Look at what he has done with that Adrian Peterson guy...he was nothing until EB got ahold of him! j/k of course.

I voted yes....but i'm torn between hiring him as OC and HCIW or showing full confidence and giving him the keys to the car....but hey as a nation we gave the keys to a guy FAR less qualified and with far more baggage to run the good ol' USA soooooooo......

A Mac/EB combo of some sort would be my preference. How could a recruit and family turn those two down? Not sure if Mac is AD material or if EB is HC material, yet. It would be interesting to see Mac's proposed list of assistants. Good news on the increase in multi year contracts. That in itself made the job much more attractive. Bohn alluded to that yesterday. Maybe he isn't a nincompoop after all.

I'm simply not comfortable with EB's experience, or should I say lack of it, at the coordinator level. And I'm not a fan of the HCIW model, whether it's EB or anyone else. I'd be fine with bringing in EB as OC.

Back