1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coach Mac show on 102.3

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by KingPants, Nov 16, 2012.

1. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

If we were winning, that show would be awesome. But right now, I have to turn off my radio when that comes on. I can't stand to hear him and CJ talk about how Embree is building deep foundations. To just be good fans and stay patient.

It should be awesome that one of the big heavy hitter local radio stations devotes that much time to CU, but honestly I wish we were like csu right now, where no one even talks about you.

Now if they would actually discuss basketball, I might listen.

2. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

They are discussing CU now. Actually talking about the coaching staff and Mac brought up that when you have an experienced staff like this one that has been around and has a year like this one, a lot of the assistants start working the phones and looking to jump ship, was brought up in the context of year to year contracts discussion. Not sure if that is just Mac speculating or if he is aware of more stuff behind the scenes.

3. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

We can only hope.

4. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

He knows what's coming, he's just preemptively spinning it for JE. You know that Mac is a mentor for JE and I'm sure that they have talked about how they want the changes that are coming to play out in the media.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I listened to 104.3 all day and I don't remember a single mention of what the cu basketball team did today.

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Hopefully all of the coaches, including the head coach, jump ship.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Drew Goodman had Boyle on and, afterward, had a few nice things to say. Then back to the Broncos!

8. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

They'll get talked about if they beat Kansas in a few weeks. Other than that there won't be much until February. Usually how it goes.

9. DenverBuff77

DenverBuff77 Member

I'm gonna get roasted for this, but Mac needs to butt out of CU football. Hasn't he done enough at this point?

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Off topic, but I tuned into 104.3 yesterday around noontime and I see that Sandy is still a complete a-hole as he totally belittled a caller who had some concerns about Decker. I really felt bad for the guy.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Things are developing on offense... even if Arizona is a terrible defense.

The Broncos are going to beat the Chargers... because of the crowd.

People actually believe this crap?

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That's very interesting.

How do you spin that if most of the coaching staff decides to get out of Dodge?

If we had great position coaches, then the failure has got to be laid on Embree and his coordinators.

If those position coaches no longer believe that this is going to turn around and boost their resumes, then the failure has got to be laid on Embree and his coordinators.

Is Mac trying to deflect the blame here to the CO legislature by saying that long-term contracts would give these guys job security?

It wouldn't. Or if it did, then all it would do is put the CU AD in an even worse financial position where it made even more coaching decision based on buyouts and salaries instead of qualifications.

This is just a sad, sad situation.

13. 3option

3option Member

Any head coach in his right mind must be thinking "I gotta fever, and the only cure is some of that Colorado coaching talent!!!"

14. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Something is deep alright...