1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cody Hawkins era has ended.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Barring injury or blowout, Cody will never see the field again for CU. There's no way he'll play next year, with Evans, Hirschman, and Hansen all on the team at the same position.

With that said, I really don't care if Coach Hawkins screwed up in keeping Cody in for too long. The mistake was rectified. That's what coaches are supposed to do - correct mistakes when they see them.

The quarterback is dead, long live the quarterback!

2. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I can only hope you are right. TH played a very good game against KU. I just hope he keeps improving.

I don't want Juicebox to have any excuse to pull him and put CH back in. I still think Juicebox would love nothing more than to put his kid back in. Even his statements in the paper on Sunday, it was never just about TH, he always threw CH into the conversation.

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

IMO, CU will not be safe until either DH leaves or CH uses up his eligibility. I hate saying that but I think DH still probably believes deep down inside CH needs to play to help the team win.

4. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Just posting to see my new sig. :smile2:

GoBuffs08 likes this.
  5. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

You underestimate our coach's ability to make poor decisions.

6. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

new sig rep:thumbsup:

7. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Agree that as long as Cody has eligibility he may be resurrected by DH. However, Hansen really seemed to settle into the starting role and I believe he will continue to improve. Hansen can really run and I would like to see some option with him and Speedy/Scott. Arm strength is good and decision making was OK. Keeping plays alive with his feet is huge. Once receivers get used to that and the fact they may get the ball thrown to them after a big scramble, we will see more big plays. Summler's drop would have been a huge play. Throw to Simas on the sideline was a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

you did ssee option on his goal line TD. :thumbsup:

Hope the offense gets better and better. Could be one hell of a 2.5 year run. COULD BE. Which is NOT what I thought just a week ago.

9. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Did Hansen pull a hammy at the end of the game? It kinda looked like it to me.

10. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

He got hit pretty hard. He was limping but it looked more like soreness as opposed to a pull. I sure hope that's the case at least.

11. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I have my fingers crossed that like Reesing had his coming out party against us and took KU on a big run, this was Hansens coming out party and we do something similar now. I think Hansen could be a taller version of Reesing.

12. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Hopefully we also have Meier and Briscoe somewhere on the roster. Reesing without those two isn't much imo.

13. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

For me, I would prefer for the coach to find the OBVIOUS mistakes a whole lot sooner than what he did. There are more problems with this team than just the QB which was the most glaring... At this rate he will have all the current problems fixed when we retire the next Ralphie. Then there are all the other problems that pop up between now and then...

UNACCEPTABLE!!

14. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I don't know, he can scramble and find someone pretty well. Plus, he's pretty accurate!

15. White_Rabbit

Yeah, not to take anything away from Reesing, he's a good QB. Meier and Briscoe make him a great QB though.

16. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

A good QB is a guy who can take his situation and win with it, Reesing has done that. Hansen took roughly the same supporting cast as Cody had and won against a pretty decent Kansas team, based on what we have seen would Cody have done the same?

I much prefer college FB but look at the pros. Would you rather have Cutler and his record right now or Orton and his? I like winners.

17. White_Rabbit

I just don't think KU breaks the 7 win barrier the last few years without Meier and Briscoe, they really impress me. Great wideouts make Good QBs look awesome. Like I said, I think Reesing is plenty good, hell maybe even great, but I'm simply saying Meier and Briscoe make him better than he actually is. A lot of QBs would look pretty good if you could just throw it up between 4 DBs and your WR actually comes down with it.

18. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

It really doesn't bother you that this one decision may have cost us a bowl game and possible ranking? It bothers me, but at least he did finally do what he had to do.

19. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

If you say so knower of all :smile2:

20. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm absolutely beside myself on this one. CU football - it's intramurals, brutha. :cry:

21. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Mods please lock this thread

22. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Hansen needs reps. He's not going to master the offense until he plays consistantly, regardless of whether he struggles or not. Cody is a known quantity and you can't win with him, period.

23. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Agree on both.

24. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Absolutely.

Not because I see any reason for it. I just want to see the ****storm it would cause if it did get locked. :smile2:

25. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I'll vote "NO, leave it unlocked." There's nothing wrong with running up different semafores from time to time.

26. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Why?

If this thread is locked, I will demand my money back for my club membership. (I've almost used up the whole year :smile2: )

Alternatively, I am the happiest person in the world that I wasn't watching the game.

I never want to see Cody on the field again and will not support Dan Hawkins even if he wins out. I want him gone as soon as possible because this is a ****ing joke.

Cody was given almost five games of awful play this year before he was pulled. Hansen was given a game and a half? This is amateur.

27. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Beside myself --- pretty much sums up how I felt when I saw #7 out there today, didn't even give Hansen a complete half game to get his rhythm going.

Beside myself. Stunned.