What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Cody Hawkins era has ended.

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Barring injury or blowout, Cody will never see the field again for CU. There's no way he'll play next year, with Evans, Hirschman, and Hansen all on the team at the same position.

With that said, I really don't care if Coach Hawkins screwed up in keeping Cody in for too long. The mistake was rectified. That's what coaches are supposed to do - correct mistakes when they see them.

The quarterback is dead, long live the quarterback!

I can only hope you are right. TH played a very good game against KU. I just hope he keeps improving.

I don't want Juicebox to have any excuse to pull him and put CH back in. I still think Juicebox would love nothing more than to put his kid back in. Even his statements in the paper on Sunday, it was never just about TH, he always threw CH into the conversation.

IMO, CU will not be safe until either DH leaves or CH uses up his eligibility. I hate saying that but I think DH still probably believes deep down inside CH needs to play to help the team win.

IMO, CU will not be safe until either DH leaves or CH uses up his eligibility. I hate saying that but I think DH still probably believes deep down inside CH needs to play to help the team win.

Agree that as long as Cody has eligibility he may be resurrected by DH. However, Hansen really seemed to settle into the starting role and I believe he will continue to improve. Hansen can really run and I would like to see some option with him and Speedy/Scott. Arm strength is good and decision making was OK. Keeping plays alive with his feet is huge. Once receivers get used to that and the fact they may get the ball thrown to them after a big scramble, we will see more big plays. Summler's drop would have been a huge play. Throw to Simas on the sideline was a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:

Agree that as long as Cody has eligibility he may be resurrected by DH. However, Hansen really seemed to settle into the starting role and I believe he will continue to improve. Hansen can really run and I would like to see some option with him and Speedy/Scott. Arm strength is good and decision making was OK. Keeping plays alive with his feet is huge. Once receivers get used to that and the fact they may get the ball thrown to them after a big scramble, we will see more big plays. Summler's drop would have been a huge play. Throw to Simas on the sideline was a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:
you did ssee option on his goal line TD. :thumbsup:

Hope the offense gets better and better. Could be one hell of a 2.5 year run. COULD BE. Which is NOT what I thought just a week ago.

Did Hansen pull a hammy at the end of the game? It kinda looked like it to me.

He got hit pretty hard. He was limping but it looked more like soreness as opposed to a pull. I sure hope that's the case at least.

I have my fingers crossed that like Reesing had his coming out party against us and took KU on a big run, this was Hansens coming out party and we do something similar now. I think Hansen could be a taller version of Reesing.

Hopefully we also have Meier and Briscoe somewhere on the roster. Reesing without those two isn't much imo.

Barring injury or blowout, Cody will never see the field again for CU. There's no way he'll play next year, with Evans, Hirschman, and Hansen all on the team at the same position.

With that said, I really don't care if Coach Hawkins screwed up in keeping Cody in for too long. The mistake was rectified. That's what coaches are supposed to do - correct mistakes when they see them.

For me, I would prefer for the coach to find the OBVIOUS mistakes a whole lot sooner than what he did. There are more problems with this team than just the QB which was the most glaring... At this rate he will have all the current problems fixed when we retire the next Ralphie. Then there are all the other problems that pop up between now and then...

UNACCEPTABLE!!

Yeah, not to take anything away from Reesing, he's a good QB. Meier and Briscoe make him a great QB though.

Yeah, not to take anything away from Reesing, he's a good QB. Meier and Briscoe make him a great QB though.

A good QB is a guy who can take his situation and win with it, Reesing has done that. Hansen took roughly the same supporting cast as Cody had and won against a pretty decent Kansas team, based on what we have seen would Cody have done the same?

I much prefer college FB but look at the pros. Would you rather have Cutler and his record right now or Orton and his? I like winners.

I just don't think KU breaks the 7 win barrier the last few years without Meier and Briscoe, they really impress me. Great wideouts make Good QBs look awesome. Like I said, I think Reesing is plenty good, hell maybe even great, but I'm simply saying Meier and Briscoe make him better than he actually is. A lot of QBs would look pretty good if you could just throw it up between 4 DBs and your WR actually comes down with it.

It really doesn't bother you that this one decision may have cost us a bowl game and possible ranking? It bothers me, but at least he did finally do what he had to do.

Hansen needs reps. He's not going to master the offense until he plays consistantly, regardless of whether he struggles or not. Cody is a known quantity and you can't win with him, period.

Mods please lock this thread

Why?

If this thread is locked, I will demand my money back for my club membership. (I've almost used up the whole year :smile2: )

Alternatively, I am the happiest person in the world that I wasn't watching the game.

I never want to see Cody on the field again and will not support Dan Hawkins even if he wins out. I want him gone as soon as possible because this is a ****ing joke.

Cody was given almost five games of awful play this year before he was pulled. Hansen was given a game and a half? This is amateur.

I'm absolutely beside myself on this one. CU football - it's intramurals, brutha. :cry:

Beside myself --- pretty much sums up how I felt when I saw #7 out there today, didn't even give Hansen a complete half game to get his rhythm going.

Beside myself. Stunned.

Back