1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The destruction of UT reporter Chip Brown

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Dude's been a mouthpiece for UT for years and has put out so much bad information as "news" in support of UT agendas that I am shocked that he still has enough credibility for his stuff to get referenced in columns by sports journalists in other outlets. (He's certainly been no friend to CU.)

Anyway, you guys probably remember last month when he was reporting the end of the Kevin Sumlin era at Texas A&M. He got somewhat embarrassed and called out regarding some of the things he said. Well, after looking like an ass he doubled down with a hatchet job on aTm's Chancellor and just got blasted.

This is a fun read (h/t to jdub925 on the Rivals board for finding this):

Here is the response from the chancellor’s office:

“Austin-based sports blogger Chip Brown’s last attempt to report on Texas A&M football, on December 17, 2015, was apparently only the first in a series of fairy tales he intends to spin. Chancellor John Sharp made it clear to another reporter (Brent Zwerneman) that Brown’s speculation about him trying to get Kevin Sumlin fired was indeed a fairy tale. And there is no one more unethical than a reporter who has been embarrassed by being called out for misstating information who then decides to seek revenge. This new report – a fairy tale on steroids – seems to be Chip Brown’s attempt at revenge. The entire report is patently false, but here are a few of the biggest errors:

Read on (it's a good read :D)... http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/...ffers-piercing-reply-to-horns-digest-article/

2. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

He'll continue to get away with it, although this is quite the burn. The Steve Patterson article a few months back got him a ton of praise, when it was basically another hatchet job put forth by UT to help get Patterson fired. Every once in while he gets a good scoop from UT, and then everyone forgets the rest of the junk he peddles in between.

3. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

He's UT's Minister of Information.

SBG likes this.
  4. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

I think the long time SID that Patterson fired just told him what was going on and he went after him. Really good article though and it exposed him to the national media.

5. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

Does he have lightning quick feet, a sweet ride and does sliders girlfriend want a piece of that ass?

6. Fight CU

Oh and a penchant for the sauce?

7. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Local guy on sports talk radio who is a UT grad refers to Chip as "He Who Must Not Be Relied Upon".

8. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I love the UTerus fans in the comments trying to spin this as an improper response by the chancellor and makes him look bush league.

9. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

J.R. you would know, is that renovation to Kyle Field under funded and that was the reason the AD was let go?

10. J.R. Ewing

Honestly, I don't know. It's been more fun talking to UT fans about the state of their program lately. I'm have to ask around.

11. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

th.jpg th.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Highlander likes this.
  12. J.R. Ewing

13. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Actually, he got a lot of exposure to the national media during the first Big 12 breakup when we left. He was ESPN's main correspondent on all the happenings.

14. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That kind of language from an official outlet in a written statement is quite something.

15. Fight CU

how I envision Chip

16. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

There is stupid, then there is that redneck.

17. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

The thing about Chip is that nobody outside of Austin believes a word he says. And that's perfectly ok with him.

18. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

He is a minion underneath UT's ministry of propaganda.

Nobody's better at covering up a scandal or smearing a rival.

19. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

**** Baylor?

20. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

The chancellor gets it wrong. It's not that Chip "does not bother to fact check". He just makes **** up to fit his agenda.

21. Clean Undies

Baylor tries to cover-up things like rape, murder, drug deals, and shady recruiting practices, but their stink eventually sees the light of day.

Baylor's special superpower isn't covering things up; its getting away with the aftermath of scandal relatively unscathed.

They definitely qualify in the Big 12 League of Injustice along with UT, but one is Superman and the other is the Toxic Avenger.

22. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I liked how Baylor handled Brittney Griner. Yes, she's been open and outspoken about being gay since high school. And, yes, Baylor is a religious institution that considers homosexuality an abomination and affront against God. So the way to handle things that works for everyone is to make sure she gets the best deal at Baylor so she can deliver national championships and then tell her that part of the deal is a gag order about her sexuality while attending the school. The hypocrisy of **** Baylor in all its purity.

23. gone native

gone native Club Member Club Member

I don't know anything about the Baylor cover-ups and shady recruiting stuff, but I don't know about this policy being hypocrisy. Would you prefer they just not admit anybody who is a homosexual at all? They have a clear policy from their website that they should be applying to all students, not just scholarship athletes:

"The University does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation per se, but does discriminate on the basis of sexual misconduct, including, but not limited to, non-marital sexual misconduct, homosexual conduct, or the encouragement or advocacy of any form of sexual behavior that would undermine the Baptist identity or faith mission of the University."

I'm not saying I personally agree with this policy - I just don't think it is hypocritical.

24. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

"You can be gay just don't be gay."

SuperiorBuff likes this.
  25. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

IMO this is as much on Griner as **** bailer. At least everyone knows **** bailer only cares about winning and everything else is window dressing. She was openly gay, chose to go to a school that could not make it any more clear what they think about the LGBT community. She would have made any number of colleges championship contenders but elected to attend the one place that hates everything about her as a person and she agreed to keep quiet about it.

dply likes this.
  26. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Money talks.

27. Clean Undies

28. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

I am no means a defender or fan of **** Baylor or its policies, but they are equal-opportunity ****heads. "Non-marital sex" means heterosexual sex, so basically no sex of any kind. You could just as easily say "You can be straight, just don't be straight" under that policy.

29. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

And maybe they enforce that on the straight students but I some how doubt that it is equal enforcement.

El Gringo likes this.
  30. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Good point, but I have no idea how strictly they enforce any of those rules. I have only ever heard of BYU students being expelled for ****ing and drinking.