What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Difference between the haves and have nots

lvbuff

USC announced that they will break ground on a new multi-million dollar athletic center devoted to football in January. The press release said they would begin fund raising to support the project immediately. While I realize that USC is a private institution this is the kind of thing that separates the haves from the have nots in DIV I football. Announce what you are going to do then have confidence that your donor base will support you AFTER THE FACT.

It's actually a pretty stupid move on USC's part. They might get away with it, they might not. I'd be pretty pissed off if CU announced they were beginning work on any kind of athletic facility without first securing a large portion of the funding for it.

Good luck to the Trojans. There isn't a whole lot of money floating around LA right now.

Hell, even the fat cats are having trouble trying to secure financing to lure a NFL team and build a stadium. They would be better off upgrading the coliseum.

I know what they said about starting fund raising, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they already have a sizable portion of the funds lined up and the fund raising will be to cover what's left. Just like CU, they will be benefiting from the new/increased dollars that will be coming in from the new Pac 12 TV deal and I would assume that in the worst case scenario they could tap the future funds in a loan to finish off the project now.

It'd be kind of funny if it came out that Aric had asked Hawk to not watch his kick, wouldn't it?

I was thinking of the 15 extra practices that bowl teams get.

If I could change one rule in CFB it would be to allow all teams 15 extra practices in Dec/Jan. That's a huge, huge issue when your team isn't bowling...

USC announced that they will break ground on a new multi-million dollar athletic center devoted to football in January. The press release said they would begin fund raising to support the project immediately. While I realize that USC is a private institution this is the kind of thing that separates the haves from the have nots in DIV I football. Announce what you are going to do then have confidence that your donor base will support you AFTER THE FACT.
Who cares it's still in the f**king lowlife GHETTO!!

Back