1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Difference between the haves and have nots

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by lvbuff, Oct 31, 2010.

1. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

USC announced that they will break ground on a new multi-million dollar athletic center devoted to football in January. The press release said they would begin fund raising to support the project immediately. While I realize that USC is a private institution this is the kind of thing that separates the haves from the have nots in DIV I football. Announce what you are going to do then have confidence that your donor base will support you AFTER THE FACT.

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It's actually a pretty stupid move on USC's part. They might get away with it, they might not. I'd be pretty pissed off if CU announced they were beginning work on any kind of athletic facility without first securing a large portion of the funding for it.

3. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Good luck to the Trojans. There isn't a whole lot of money floating around LA right now.

Hell, even the fat cats are having trouble trying to secure financing to lure a NFL team and build a stadium. They would be better off upgrading the coliseum.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I hope the windows have bullet proof glass.

5. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I know what they said about starting fund raising, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they already have a sizable portion of the funds lined up and the fund raising will be to cover what's left. Just like CU, they will be benefiting from the new/increased dollars that will be coming in from the new Pac 12 TV deal and I would assume that in the worst case scenario they could tap the future funds in a loan to finish off the project now.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

It'd be kind of funny if it came out that Aric had asked Hawk to not watch his kick, wouldn't it?

7. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Why do you like Hawk so much?

8. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

I was thinking of the 15 extra practices that bowl teams get.

If I could change one rule in CFB it would be to allow all teams 15 extra practices in Dec/Jan. That's a huge, huge issue when your team isn't bowling...

9. talkinswonk

talkinswonk Silly fusker Troll

Who cares it's still in the f**king lowlife GHETTO!!