What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Elephant in the room

I am truly surprised why people think changing a culture in football is so easy.

Because Bob Stoops pulled off a miracle about a decade ago when he started up... At least this is what people have pointed out to me when I say this is a good staff we have and that it will take a few years but they will get it done. Stoops seems to be the standard in terms of turning a program around and if you can't do it that fast, then you should be fired.

Because Bob Stoops pulled off a miracle about a decade ago when he started up... At least this is what people have pointed out to me when I say this is a good staff we have and that it will take a few years but they will get it done. Stoops seems to be the standard in terms of turning a program around and if you can't do it that fast, then you should be fired.
This. Stoops did it in 2-3 years by getting the talent that was left for him to execute. JE needs to do the same.

Bob Stoops. Urban Meyer. Gene Chizik. All guys who took over for fired coaches and won big in their first couple years.

However- it is probably a big mistake to compare CU to those kinds of football teams / football programs.

Bob Stoops. Urban Meyer. Gene Chizik. All guys who took over for fired coaches and won big in their first couple years.

However- it is probably a big mistake to compare CU to those kinds of football teams / football programs.

Most of the 2nd and 3rd stringers on those team would start for CU right now.

I laugh when I see projections of Miller going in the high rounds of the draft. He will get drafted in the first three rounds simply because of how he measures at the combine. Whoever drafts him will then wish they hadn't.

He hasn't gotten push on a running play since high school, He gets beat by the same D-line move over and over and doesn't adjust.

Bahktiari is our best OL but he has no help and is out of position. The rest of the guys need to step it up just to be decent.

Did you really just compare CU to Florida, Oklahoma, and Auburn? On their worst days, all of those teams have talent that would start at damn near almost BCS school. Florida hasn't had a losing season since the 80's, even when Meyer took over. Oklahoma is one of the GOATs. And Auburn has had a great decade. None of which, CU has.

This. Stoops did it in 2-3 years by getting the talent that was left for him to execute. JE needs to do the same.

I was waiting for someone to open this door.....

Sure Bob Stoops went 7-5 his 1st year with a limited amount of recruits to fit his system and getting the player left over to execute from John Blakes 3 years there. This is very correct and the season was 1999. In the year 2000, with his 2nd recruiting class he won the 2000 BCS NC. Funny thing is of the 22 starters on that team only 7 were from John Blakes recruiting, about 30%.

and honestly right now I am noticing a lot of eerie similarities between the 2 men named Jon/John is this post.... sorry to say this but I dont think the coaching staff has any, if at all, more talent than the players on the roster....

Sure Bob Stoops went 7-5 his 1st year with a limited amount of recruits to fit his system and getting the player left over to execute from John Blakes 3 years there. This is very correct and the season was 1999. In the year 2000, with his 2nd recruiting class he won the 2000 BCS NC. Funny thing is of the 22 starters on that team only 7 were from John Blakes recruiting, about 30%.

and honestly right now I am noticing a lot of eerie similarities between the 2 men named Jon/John is this post.... sorry to say this but I dont think the coaching staff has any, if at all, more talent than the players on the roster....

So you're saying Bob Stoops could win a NC in year two with the current Colorado football program?

I laugh when I see projections of Miller going in the high rounds of the draft. He will get drafted in the first three rounds simply because of how he measures at the combine. Whoever drafts him will then wish they hadn't.

He hasn't gotten push on a running play since high school, He gets beat by the same D-line move over and over and doesn't adjust.

Bahktiari is our best OL but he has no help and is out of position. The rest of the guys need to step it up just to be decent.

So he's better suited to be a guard? If so, would love to see Nembot at tackle next year. I'm confident we'll have a better O-line next year.

I don't think anyone is expecting OU-Stoops type results from this staff. It would be nice though... All I want to see next year is a good foundation style recruiting class and improvement. A crappy bowl would be nice next year but as long as you can see some improvements that will do it for me. The third year, we better be winning, and by the 4th year we better be winning something.

So you're saying Bob Stoops could win a NC in year two with the current Colorado football program?

Do NOT question whether there is anything the great Bob Stoops can do. It's also probably best not to suggest that he would ever leave Oklahoma...

I am trying to find out who fills in for ubt when he swings on big game bob's nuts. Surely, that dirty bitch switzer doesnt have to walk around with nobody swinging on his nuts? Right after that I will try to figure out what kind of twisted dip**** logic compares Jon Embree with John Blake. Maybe its a racial thing.

conan01.jpg

Right after that I will try to figure out what kind of twisted dip**** logic compares Jon Embree with John Blake. Maybe its a racial thing.

Both had very limited CFB coaching experience when hired, no HC or coordinator experience. Both alumni of the school and football program. both hire OC's for the school with no experience, and one was just a position coach in the NFL. Both coaches were hired or came from a pro team as a position coach. Both endorsed by a former coaches, one was marginally successful, even had grandbabies from players and his daughter, and the other having over a .800 winning % with 3 NC's hanging above his fireplace....

and the best part.... both are not really very good coaches on the sideline as HC.... right now JE and his staff are not showing me anything to make me say thay can coach on gameday better than the previous coach and staff...

want me to go on???

oh btw.... only someone who is racially motivated would try to play the race card here.... :thumbsup:

Both had very limited CFB coaching experience when hired, no HC or coordinator experience. Both alumni of the school and football program. both hire OC's for the school with no experience, and one was just a position coach in the NFL. Both coaches were hired or came from a pro team as a position coach. Both endorsed by a former coaches, one was marginally successful, even had grandbabies from players and his daughter, and the other having over a .800 winning % with 3 NC's hanging above his fireplace....

and the best part.... both are not really very good coaches on the sideline as HC.... right now JE and his staff are not showing me anything to make me say thay can coach on gameday better than the previous coach and staff...

want me to go on???

oh btw.... only someone who is racially motivated would try to play the race card here.... :thumbsup:

That is a pretty low blow to compare Bieniemy to Joe Dickinson!

speaking of elephants. Did you see Bienemy in that booth? and I like EB, but he might want to hit up Blacken

want me to go on???

Look at UBT being a schmuck! Allsome!

want me to go on???

The two biggest cheaters that the NCAA has ever seen have nothing in common with Mac and Embree, other than having the same relationship at their respective schools. John was taught cheating by the dirtiest cheater that ever cheated, and they both got ran off from the program after being exposed.
Jon learned the right way to develop a program from the blessed coach that resigned to found Promise Keepers, and reach a broader audience with his amazingly pure leadership skills. Doing things the right way will take longer than cheaters like Sooners are used to, but we can avoid all the guns, blow and agent payoffs that have plagued Switzer and his lackeys. Your assesment of sideline coaching carries about as much weight here as we could attach to the opinion of Lady Gaga on the same subject.

The two biggest cheaters that the NCAA has ever seen have nothing in common with Mac and Embree, other than having the same relationship at their respective schools. John was taught cheating by the dirtiest cheater that ever cheated, and they both got ran off from the program after being exposed.
Jon learned the right way to develop a program from the blessed coach that resigned to found Promise Keepers, and reach a broader audience with his amazingly pure leadership skills. Doing things the right way will take longer than cheaters like Sooners are used to, but we can avoid all the guns, blow and agent payoffs that have plagued Switzer and his lackeys. Your assesment of sideline coaching carries about as much weight here as we could attach to the opinion of Lady Gaga on the same subject.
Don't be mean fatty, Lady gag's opinion would probably carry at least a little less weight...

lady-gaga-photo-51.jpg

Back