What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The eyes of Texas are a P.I.T.A

Houston is threatening lawsuit. It will get ugly if the Big 12 expands but doesn't include them.

I think it is actually more of a threat to go to the state legislature and seek a reduction in state support for the budget of UT and TT if they don't force the Big 12 to give Houston an invite. A-la CSU and the idiotic game in Denver, etc.

I think it is actually more of a threat to go to the state legislature and seek a reduction in state support for the budget of UT and TT if they don't force the Big 12 to give Houston an invite. A-la CSU and the idiotic game in Denver, etc.

That's actually a stronger play. 3rd largest public university in the state. Largest city, which is currently unrepresented in the Big 12. They'll be able to shake some trees.

I disagree with your order... Cinncinnati, CSU, Memphis, CSU, BYU, UNM, Boise, ....It is all about the TV sets. CSU can argue the Front Range market.

the front range market pales to what a UCF (Orlando)-USF(Tampa/St. Pete) would bring. Plus it would open a whole new recruiting ground to the B-12.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm tired of watching UCF play SMU, Memphis, UConn and Tulsa.

I disagree with your order... Cinncinnati, CSU, Memphis, CSU, BYU, UNM, Boise, ....It is all about the TV sets. CSU can argue the Front Range market.

:lol: at the notion that BYU doesn't deliver TV sets. Think about it.

I'm sure OU's biggest priority is to do what the Texas legislature wants and to dilute their recruiting profile in Texas even more...which is why the B12 is fundamentally broken, the Texas politics poison everything. At this point I'd almost say offer OU and KU and see what shakes loose. If they bail maybe that gives UT the cover to break off to the P12 with Tech (if they're willing to work something out with the LHN).

A. La. VT to get the ACC invite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Can anyone imagine Benson getting in front of a microphone to further a conference football agenda?

interesting confirmation

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 12h12 hours ago
Bowlsby confirms pro rata clause in TV contracts would match shares if league expands. But revenue from NCAA, CFP would be split more ways.

link

I'll figure how to embed a tweet one of these days.

It would be awesome if we could somehow get OU and some combination of others into the PAC. I recognize it is an extreme long shot, but would nice. I feel like we are left on an island in the PAC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idk, I think we fit better in the Pac than we ever did in the Big 12. Felt more on an island in that conference, it had a different feel than even the Big 8 did to me.

It would be awesome if we could somehow get OU and some combination of others into the PAC. I recognize it is an extreme long shot, but would nice. I feel like we are left on an island in the PAC.

Shut your dirty, whore mouth!

Until numbers are brought in that shows CSU doesn't have any market share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as a reminder to all:
Beebe contended that he could have saved the Big 12 from further disarray by convincing schools to adopt a Grant of Rights. It's a deal that guarantees if a school did leave the Big 12, its media rights and the TV revenues generated would remain with the Big 12 until the period of coverage ended.
The Big 12 does have such an agreement in place, which runs the length of its current TV contracts and serves as a strong financial deterrent to any school leaving the conference.

thank the Grant of Rights clause, which runs through 2025 along with the current TV deal with ESPN
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/roa...beebe-era-big-12-must-avoid-repeating-history

Nothing is changing with the Big 12 current members for the next 10 years without a majority (3/4?) vote to dissolve the TV Grant of Rights.

Shut your dirty, whore mouth!

I know my thoughts are not popular, but I do miss the old big 8. At this time, I just don't care much about any of the PAC teams. Maybe once we are competent at football again, I'll start hating someone.

I know my thoughts are not popular, but I do miss the old big 8. At this time, I just don't care much about any of the PAC teams. Maybe once we are competent at football again, I'll start hating someone.

The Big 8 was fine. But that died when we let those dirty, cheaters from the Southwest Conference in, and they took over. No one here misses the Big 12. No one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This can't be true, the last couple of pages of the realignment thread on Shaggybevo has several posts from "experts on the State of Colorado" about how CSU is better than Colorado anyway and that there are "way more" CSU fans and that they own the metro area and would curb stomp us every year if they were a P5 team. :wow:

Man I wish we'd at least get decent again. We may have been disliked but we used to at least be acknowledged as a decent program.

Last edited:
This can't be true, the last couple of pages of the realignment thread on Shaggybevo has several posts from "experts on the State of Colorado" about how CSU is better than Colorado anyway and that there are "way more" CSU fans and that they own the metro area and would curb stomp us every year if they were a P5 team. :wow:

Man I wish we'd at least get decent again. We may have been disliked but we used to at least be acknowledged as a decent program.

I think the attendance numbers from last year would put that to rest. Our team sucked while theirs had great success and we still had more fans.

70-3 pretty much killed any respect CU had earned from the Horns. Nothing short of a retaliatory curb stomp will restore that.

I'm not holding my breath but if expansion happens I'll keep my fingers crossed. CSU certainly doesn't make a clear case from an on-field-performance perspective but seems to be a good fit when you consider academics and CSU's land grant university peers.

True, but you'd think their numbers would greatly increase if CSU moved to P5 and played opponents who were actually interesting. You could argue this for every team on list, of course, but being in a large market provides an even greater opportunity. If we are being realistic we know CU has a big head start on CSU's attendance simply from being P5, having the buzz and increased national coverage that goes with that, and playing a P5 schedule. CSU is never going to have impressive tv or attendance numbers playing teams like San Jose State and New Mexico.

Back