What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The "Fifth Down Game": The real scam

Even wikipedia makes mention of this.

Colorado football coach Bill McCartney, a former Missouri Tigers player, did little to soothe the controversy. Asked whether he would consider forfeiting the game, McCartney declared that he had considered it but decided against it because "the field was lousy." He complained about the unusually slick Omniturf artificial turf surface, which he said had caused repeated slips and falls during the game.[8] It is alleged that Missouri purposely did not put sand on the field in order to make it slippery, and that their players, knowing this in advance, wore longer spikes on their shoes to compensate (Colorado did not know this and had to make do with shorter spikes).

- Because it happened 20 years ago and Buff detractors still can't let it go. Bottom line is CU played the nation's most difficult schedule and was the consensus National Champion. I don't give a damn what a bunch of coaches who have their own agenda think especially Dr. Tom.

- Because it happened 20 years ago and Buff detractors still can't let it go. Bottom line is CU played the nation's most difficult schedule and was the consensus National Champion. I don't give a damn what a bunch of coaches who have their own agenda think especially Dr. Tom.
Well, you know this topic was going to come up after the Georgia game. Might as well have a thread that tells the whole story. BTW, I've already heard the topic discussed at least 3 times on the radio. The good news: After this year, with Mizzou off our schedule, I'll bet the topic finally goes away for good.

Yeah I will be glad when we are out of this conference DBT. Missou and the Nubs are the worst followed by KSU - still remember when they won in '98 my freshman year and they drove their goddamn purple bus up and down the hill talking ****. I will be really glad that now that all these people will have one less reason to visit Colorado.

Yeah I will be glad when we are out of this conference DBT. Missou and the Nubs are the worst followed by KSU - still remember when they won in '98 my freshman year and they drove their goddamn purple bus up and down the hill talking ****. I will be really glad that now that all these people will have one less reason to visit Colorado.
No doubt about it. The fans of what is left of the Big XII are pissed that we are leaving because they lose the only road trip they looked forward to. :smile2:

Missouri should thank us

Prior to their recent run and a blip on the map in '97, that's been their only claim to fame for the last 30 years.

Here is a clip I've never seen - it's the Prime Network broadcast after the TD was scored, shows the teams coming back out, refs talking to coaches, and the extra point attempt. If you were a Buff fan watching locally as I was, the KCNC coverage ended right after the teams left the field.

[video=youtube;vLfR0o_zhIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfR0o_zhIg&feature=related[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfR0o_zhIg&feature=related

Here is a clip I've never seen - it's the Prime Network broadcast after the TD was scored, shows the teams coming back out, refs talking to coaches, and the extra point attempt. If you were a Buff fan watching locally as I was, the KCNC coverage ended right after the teams left the field.

[video=youtube;vLfR0o_zhIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfR0o_zhIg&feature=related[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfR0o_zhIg&feature=related

Wow, that was pretty fascinating. Thanks for posting, homes!

Back