What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Freshman 15: Josh Scott

RSSBot

News Junkie
After only 15 games, I believe you can begin to get a sense of what kind of player a freshman starter will turn into.* How quickly have they fallen into the rhythm of collegiate life?* Has their been play consistent? *Are they showing improvement?* The answers to those questions can go a long way towards determining if a first year starter will have just a strong collegiate career, or a legendary one. *You can't necessarily build a definitive judgement off of those early results, but they often attest to a player's future*trajectory.

You can also use those first 15 games to begin to put a player's talents into perspective. *Much like last year, when I compared Spencer Dinwiddie's first 15 games with those of his recent star-guard predecessors, I'm interested in comparing Josh Scott, the star of CU's heralded 2012 recruiting class, with a recent high profile post.* With last Thursday's USC game, Scott and the Buffs crossed the 15 game mark this season, making this an appropriate time to begin that process.*

CU, along with many other programs, have long been searching for a true "star" post player.* While there were ample recent examples to compare Dinwiddie against, there's really only one player in the post-Billups era who can hold a candle to Scott's skill and prowess in the paint.* I've had to go back over a decade, but I've dug out the stats on the one, the only, David Harrison.

Below the fold, I'll touch on each player's narrative before discussing how Jelly compares to Big Dave, and what that means for the future.* A little history, a little analysis.* What could possibly go wrong?

Read more »
r9epQsN1uhg

After only 15 games, I believe you can begin to get a sense of what kind of player a freshman starter will turn into.* How quickly have they fallen into the rhythm of collegiate life?* Has their been play consistent? *Are they showing improvement?* The answers to those questions can go a long way towards determining if a first year starter will have just a strong collegiate career, or a legendary one. *You can't necessarily build a definitive judgement off of those early results, but they often attest to a player's future*trajectory.

You can also use those first 15 games to begin to put a player's talents into perspective. *Much like last year, when I compared Spencer Dinwiddie's first 15 games with those of his recent star-guard predecessors, I'm interested in comparing Josh Scott, the star of CU's heralded 2012 recruiting class, with a recent high profile post.* With last Thursday's USC game, Scott and the Buffs crossed the 15 game mark this season, making this an appropriate time to begin that process.*

CU, along with many other programs, have long been searching for a true "star" post player.* While there were ample recent examples to compare Dinwiddie against, there's really only one player in the post-Billups era who can hold a candle to Scott's skill and prowess in the paint.* I've had to go back over a decade, but I've dug out the stats on the one, the only, David Harrison.

Below the fold, I'll touch on each player's narrative before discussing how Jelly compares to Big Dave, and what that means for the future.* A little history, a little analysis.* What could possibly go wrong?

Read more »
r9epQsN1uhg

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back