What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The future of CU football

We are not a destination job but we have the potential to turn into something pretty close. Start winning 10 games a year in Boulder and you could easily see the stadium expanded to 65k+, the salary jacked up into a top 20 range, and a guy being in a position to call his shots as long as he wants to stay (and wins.)

We will never be Texas, Michigan,tOSU, UF, etc. but we could be not that far from it for the right guy. On the other hand if a guy can come in here after all we have been through and win 8-10 games a year he will also have his choice of jobs if he wants to leave.

And if you don't think you can win you shouldn't be a coach.

I think the future is bright. We are at all time highs for donations. We are getting the failities regardless of who the head coach is. They are independent issues and the facilities will be announced later in basketball season regardless of the coaching situation. All the candidates we are interested in a viable guys who can help build us back up. I think we will be happy. If we win 7 or more three years from now bohn isnt going anywhere and nor should he. Where do you think the money and facilitie came from. Its from multiple years of hard work by the department to get to this point. They will land a good coach. Next year ugly and the ear aftr a little better. Third year they win 7 or we have a change in leadership. I dont see that though. We have momentum as a department. We will get a good coach and i think we see results.

That last post is a result of trying to use a phone. It was supposed to capture the comment on firing brown and eb and giving embree a third year

Just get the facilities in place. Most important thing about this whole coaching search.
Wake me up when it happens. That's absolutely stupid to wait any longer, and it's killing the search for a good coach.

Last edited:
This thread makes me said. Do you guys see what some of you are saying? CU is no longer a destination program???? CU is a stepping stone program??? If you guys perceive the program like that then how do you think a coach will perceive it. No BCS level program should look at itself as a stepping stone program. Yes someone can always come and take your HC - Nick Saban went to the NFL. But you should not think of your program as second rate. Wyoming is a stepping stone program.

I remember when Barnett was winning 7 or 8 games a year and fans felt that was not good enough. I said at the time if administration did not give the program more support things would not change. Now 7 years later people are saying they will double their donation if we win 4 fricking games. You want a big name coach but that is just a short term high - like a junky getting a pop of heroin - and you are going to have a downer after that. People said if we fired Barnett we would have all sort of season ticket holders and Hawkins coming onboard - Season ticket sales were down that year and Attendance was low that year. Expect attendance to be poor again next year with only USC being a marquee game. I fully expect attendance to be down against next year. So if we go with 3 or 4 wins, what is going to excite the masses then. I look to some tough times in the next few years regardless of the coach, but the problem at CU is no one is accountable for those hard times.

I want someone coming in here who is committed to building a program and I want an administration with a plan and leadership to implement the plan. We don't have that right now. We have a guy who wants to make a big hire but has no clue how to build a program.

Back