What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...plus comments..Arizona Style!!!

Nothing will bring back whats been lost except winning.

This.

For a short term fix, bring back beer.

They have systematically dismembered the football team for a decade. There is not quick way to turn it around. Whether not supporting the team financially, extending Hawkins, banning beer, supporting a plaintiff attorney wife of a chancellor over the athletes, continuing to allow DeStiff and Bohn to put politics ahead of winning, etc., they have done everything possible to drive us fans away. Seriously, what was the last positive outside of firing Bohn and Embree?

On an unrelated ugly note, the decision not to take the points, and to fake punt were dumb. I understand he wants to play for the win, but always take the points in hand. I rarely punt and like going for it on fourth, but that close to your own end zone with a porous D was too demoralizing a consequence for failure. I also know it is easier to make the call from the coach.

The difference here is that the Broncos don't give a damn whether you're a ticket holder or not. It makes not one bit of difference to them if you are a paying customer. CU, on the other hand, should be doing everything in their power to hold on to supporters like you.

I have said this before and will restate it here. Our future prospects will not improve until the administration commits to supporting an upper-echelon PAC12 football program. Just getting into the club will not work. We have to compete. CU as an institution looks really bad right now because of the lack of leadershp and support from the administration. They took the right step in paying for a top-notch coach but he will not be able to access the talent he needs if they do not follow through with a 5-year plan to totally refurbish and add to the ancient facilities. It is not too late and the hire of Rick George gave me some hope. However, they are currently squandering the momentum gained from those two hires. In my opinion, Benson and DiStephano have to be held accountable and should be shown the door if they do not communicate and advocate for a funded facilities program in the next year. Otherwise, we will become what Northwestern was for so many many years (absent the top-notch academic rep). If I was MacIntyre I would be camped out with Rick George in Benson's office demanding this. In addition, the big money folks as well as the rank and file should be demaniding it.

I left the game at halftime to go back to the tailgate and drink a beer. There was never a reason to leave the tailgate and go back to the stadium. If CU was good I would have never left the game and if CU sold beer I would have never left the game.

It is just dumb that the only place you can get a beer is in the club level seats.

My daughter is a freshman on campus. When she moved in she told her dorm mates she was excited for football and MBB and they looked at her like she was an alien from another planet. Universally, the frosh state "we suck, why would you want to go to a game"? It's wearing on her.

I was personally shocked that people didn't come back from Halftime. The people around me in section 148 are mostly senior citizens and a lot of people had other things going on (I had a birthday part waiting for me and my wife was threatening divorce). But we were in that game in the first half and while the 1H ended in poor fashion, we were very much still in the game.

My daughter is a freshman on campus. When she moved in she told her dorm mates she was excited for football and MBB and they looked at her like she was an alien from another planet. Universally, the frosh state "we suck, why would you want to go to a game"? It's wearing on her.

I was personally shocked that people didn't come back from Halftime. The people around me in section 148 are mostly senior citizens and a lot of people had other things going on (I had a birthday part waiting for me and my wife was threatening divorce). But we were in that game in the first half and while the 1H ended in poor fashion, we were very much still in the game.
I'm really starting to hate our students right now. Support the team. Show up. Give it your all until the game is decided (which was in the 3rdQ vs. AZ). True, the FB team was awesome when I was at CU, so it was easy to go. But I went to a lot of bad basketball games in the hope that the MBB program would be where it is today.

I'm really starting to hate our students right now. Support the team. Show up. Give it your all until the game is decided (which was in the 3rdQ vs. AZ). True, the FB team was awesome when I was at CU, so it was easy to go. But I went to a lot of bad basketball games in the hope that the MBB program would be where it is today.

Don't blame the students

Sent from a red light

The students don't show up. That is on them. However the AD has effectively alienated the largest and arguably most passionate group of fans by making it a ridiculously painful process to get into folsom.

I thought the stands were pretty full. Not to bad comparatively. The lack of fans returning from halftime was disappointing though. CU was still in the game.

Your hate is misplaced. When you get kicked in the nuts over and over again, you eventually decide that it's no fun getting kicked in the nuts.

So JR students now have witnessed a grand total of 3 wins at Folsom Field, with two of those coming vs FCS opponents. That's not how you really build a fanbase

Your hate is misplaced. When you get kicked in the nuts over and over again, you eventually decide that it's no fun getting kicked in the nuts.

Seriously, just look at the seasons that students have seen...

2009: 3-9 (Current 5th year seniors)
2010: 5-7 (Current 4th year seniors)
2011: 3-10 (Current juniors)
2012: 1-11 (Current sophomores)
2013: 3-4 (Current freshman)

And it's only going to get worse before it gets better unless the teams shows that they can be competitive and win a couple games at home next season. There will be very little seniors and juniors in the next few years that will want to go to the games and that will trickle down to the underclassmen.

Sent from a red light

I don't blame the students. I just find the end of a vibrant student section at CU games to be a sad thing.

Seriously, just look at the seasons that students have seen...

2009: 3-9 (Current 5th year seniors)
2010: 5-7 (Current 4th year seniors)
2011: 3-10 (Current juniors)
2012: 1-11 (Current sophomores)
2013: 3-4 (Current freshman)

And it's only going to get worse before it gets better unless the teams shows that they can be competitive and win a couple games at home next season. There will be very little seniors and juniors in the next few years that will want to go to the games and that will trickle down to the underclassmen.

Sent from a red light
Jeez that is brutal. I've gone to every game so far as a student and I have seen 3 wins at Folsom. Half of my friends didn't buy tickets this year because of last year and the ones that do go want to leave early if they think we aren't going to win. The student section emptying out is a domino effect. Once people start to leave others start to leave. My friends wanted to leave at halftime and convinced them to stay until the fourth, but they were just bitching the entire time.

The ugly: I couldn't buy hot chocolate or coffee anywhere on the east side of folsom by the middle of the 3d quarter.

The ugly: I couldn't buy hot chocolate or coffee anywhere on the east side of folsom by the middle of the 3d quarter.

The last two games I wanted a sweet pretzel, The were out in the second quarter. The concessions are a joke. The kettle corn booth is out of kettle corn. etc.

The good - The weather was almost perfect. Got to see and speak to Bobby Pesavento. My son had a great day and is a little to young to understand all the other crap going on.

students and alums have given up....and it is incredibly sad.

I really do not see the blueprint to turn this thing around.

There is a blueprint

Get administration to finally understand that your Athletics program is the #1 seller you have to get students on your campus and then put some god damn serious money into your football team so they (along with all those University commercials) are on in the afternoon or evening when people want to watch football and not on the Pac 12 network all the time because your product isn't worthy. You need to be on ESPN and Sportscenter in a good light, not as a joke.

When you put serious money into your football program...then you can honestly hold your coaches over a fire and demand better than what we are getting right now...because right now I don't know that Nick Saban himself could get this team to a competitive level week in and week out. Poor facilities, higher than needed academic standards and a bad recruiting base to choose from is actually in my opinion worse than a Death Penalty from the NCAA.

exactly....my nuts popped through my nostrils in the second half Saturday night.

I have said this before and will restate it here. Our future prospects will not improve until the administration commits to supporting an upper-echelon PAC12 football program. Just getting into the club will not work. We have to compete. CU as an institution looks really bad right now because of the lack of leadershp and support from the administration. They took the right step in paying for a top-notch coach but he will not be able to access the talent he needs if they do not follow through with a 5-year plan to totally refurbish and add to the ancient facilities. It is not too late and the hire of Rick George gave me some hope. However, they are currently squandering the momentum gained from those two hires. In my opinion, Benson and DiStephano have to be held accountable and should be shown the door if they do not communicate and advocate for a funded facilities program in the next year. Otherwise, we will become what Northwestern was for so many many years (absent the top-notch academic rep). If I was MacIntyre I would be camped out with Rick George in Benson's office demanding this. In addition, the big money folks as well as the rank and file should be demaniding it.

Exactly.

Can't blame the students. These are the same students that will kill to get into the foam dome for games now. Kids are kids, they love a winner. If we were 7 and 0 right now they would be jammed into the student section and screaming thier heads off. They just have not seen anything good for so long that they are disinterested. This has to start with better recruits, and more time for the coaches to weed out the losing mentality and get the team to pull together and fight. We are so deep there is no quick fixes. Saban isn't a good example. Bama was a power before he got there. Bama was a power in a bad part of thier history, but he had the SEC recruiting footprint, and the Bama name to go get kids with. We don't have that. So we need someone with tenacity and a plan to go work the plan and bring us back..albeit at a slower pace. Which I hate. But it is what it is. Can't fix this train wreck in one year.

Back