1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BlackNGold, Nov 4, 2013.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I will be brief (mostly because I am swamped).

The Good

I am not a morale victory type of guy, but I think there were some good things out there. Sefo has shown he can stand up in the pocket under pressure and not get rattled. Christian Powell ran very effectively. He was carrying defenders after contact. The Oline did a decent job blocking. Richardson continues to show he is a beast to cover, he is getting better. Team kept their composure even after bad things happened.

The Bad

Not to belabor the point but Red Zone offense, Defense gives up the big play and just does not make enough stops. Pass defense is mostly to blame. I also thought the play calling was a little conservative at crucial times. Special teams could of been better - fumbles, KO coverage.

The Ugly

As time goes on it becomes more obvious that CU just does not have enough horses to hang with PAC12 teams, even with a good effort we were ground down.

Comment

I was wondering how much UCLA's offense has been impacted by injuries (Oline and RB). They did not look anything like they did earlier in the year. They could of been more effective running the read option.

2. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

You're late.

3. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I know, I was gone this weekend (still watched the game) and have been tied up with work all day today. Neg Rep me if you have to - I can take it.

4. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I don't negrep anyone but Surveyor. I was just joshin' ya.

5. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Good post. My main beef is this team can't put all three phases of the game together. To me that's youth. This time the O and D were respectable, but special teams sucked. They haven't been this bad since Central Arkansas.