1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Husker Avenger strikes....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Jun 2, 2008.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/afl/news/story?id=3422825

I seem to remember SK saying how he couldn't wait to say "Sam Keller, University of Nebraska" on MNF...I guess he'll be waiting a while longer.

The list of Husker savior QB's who fizzled is getting pretty long now:

Helen Keller;

Joe Dailey;

Jammal Lord;

Curt Dukes;

Harrison Beck.

Will Ganz be the man? He looked pretty good at the end of last year...I guess we'll see in a few months.

2. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Keller may have some of the weirdest mechanics I've ever seen though. He has this side arm gun slinger type of motion, but it looks so damn uncomfortable. I don't know if he'll ever make it to the NFL, but I wish him luck because he's closer than I've ever been. :lol:

3. leftybuff

LOL, I'll agree with you there. From what I saw I'd wager you will have better QB play with Ganz this year.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Who's the OC there again?

Oh yeah. No sweat - Ganz is going to do wonders throwing the bubble screen all year long. I smell Heisman!!!!

5. leftybuff

Nobody calls the bubble screen better than SW....:lol:

We should have an over/under on the first SW "...simplify the offense..." quote to the niblet media.

I'll take 9/28, the sunday after the VT game.

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The problem isn't so much QB for NU in 2008. It's the fact their WRs and TEs suck. Lucky is a pretty good all-around back, but he's about it when it comes to playmakers on that offense.

7. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

Don't forget the bootleg on 3rd and 9, when the defense isn't keying on the run. Or that play where your best player is standing on the sidelines.

We should also have an over/under on when Joe Ganz gets thrown under the bus by SW like Craig Ochs and Joel Klatt.

8. BIGREDIOWAN

There are still plenty of doubters out there about Ganz. I think he'll do just fine and it just goes to show you how bad Cally was at deciding who sees the field and who doesn't. Keller only seen the field because of his daddy and the fact that he was a transferring Senior with one year to play. We have alot of Seniors on the team next season and there is really no standout wide receiver to choose from. They are all okay, but not game breakers. Our backfield and QB are our best bet next season and they are only as good as the O-line. I've said it before and I'll say it again, championships are won in the trenches and we just don't have it on either side of the ball yet.

9. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Pellini is no Calahan. I think you produce or you ride the pine with him. I guarantee that guy is not going to put up with any 5-interception days. Also, his defense will play like their lives are on the line because they may honestly believe he will kill them on Monday if they loaf. I have to say, I like the guy. Kind of old-school in a "screw you let's take this outside and figure it out" kind of way. Anyway, it is more fun beating the Fuskers when they are good. That's my screwed up world-view.

10. zonabuff

zonabuff Guest

...and oh yeah, he was pretty good the one year he a was full time starter at ASU.

Year Comp./Att. Yds. Pct. TD/Int. Lg. Avg./G Eff
    2005 155/264 2165 58.7 20/9 65 270.6 145.78

11. leftybuff

I just can't wait for Bo Peep to go postal on Frank Beamer. I can just see him grabbing Beamer by his gobbler chin after VT "runs it up" on NU.:lol:

12. BIGREDIOWAN

Sorry I'm not big into stats that were posted from two seasons ago when he didn't due very well with us. You have to prove it on the field and the fact that he put those numbers up a year and a half before he started a game for us means absolutely nothing. The QB race should've went to Ganz, but since he was a Junior he rode the pine while Keller sucked it up.

13. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

The real bet should be: how long before Worden Tom puts on a headset and starts walking the sideline. :thumbsup: