What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The jury is in.

You think they would offer a special: send 3 or more kids to CU and get free season tickets.
Well, the kids got season tickets for, like, $135. My son opted out this year. I ask him why. He said, after the csu game, "they aren't worth it." And he is a HUGE sports fan. What do you think someone with discretionary income is contemplating when given the choice of spending $800 for a couple of season tickets to see this train wreck?

Well, the kids got season tickets for, like, $135. My son opted out this year. I ask him why. He said, after the csu game, "they aren't worth it." And he is a HUGE sports fan. What do you think someone with discretionary income is contemplating when given the choice of spending $800 for a couple of season tickets to see this train wreck?

Wow season tickets were $40 in the late 90s for students. $135 is way too much considering you can get them for as cheap as $150.

when i started buying student football tix as a grad student in 99, they were about 45$ for the whole season. and keep in mind that grad tix are in sec 117. we were about 30 rows up between the 35 and 40 ydl give or take for 5 or 6 years. pretty amazing deal. the increase in price is significant (quadrupled in 10 years)....but, still a pretty good deal.

when i started buying student football tix as a grad student in 99, they were about 45$ for the whole season. and keep in mind that grad tix are in sec 117. we were about 30 rows up between the 35 and 40 ydl give or take for 5 or 6 years. pretty amazing deal. the increase in price is significant (quadrupled in 10 years)....but, still a pretty good deal.
Plus, you get a free trip to the PAC 12 Basketball Tourney!!!

One thing I forgot to mention in my defense of myself for what some of you took as my defending Hawkins. During that time, I was contacted by a parent of a player. He frequented this board. He PM'd me and thanked me for defending the guys. I kind of took that to heart. I know that anger was toward Hawkins and not the players. But I felt, rightly or wrongly, that at least some players were taking the fans anger as being directed at them.

I am pretty sure season tickets were $10 or $20 when I was there for 1991 and 1992 seasons.

Oh, and it was free to get into basketball games with a student ID back then.

I was a freshman in Barnett's first year and was hugely disappointed after losing to CSU badly (41-14, if I remember correctly). It was made worse by many classless CSU fans (in fairness, some were fine). Point being, I never considered not getting season tickets. Sitting through the losses makes the wins that much sweeter.

One thing I forgot to mention in my defense of myself for what some of you took as my defending Hawkins. During that time, I was contacted by a parent of a player. He frequented this board. He PM'd me and thanked me for defending the guys. I kind of took that to heart. I know that anger was toward Hawkins and not the players. But I felt, rightly or wrongly, that at least some players were taking the fans anger as being directed at them.

you don't have to defend yourself, we are still going to tease you for being wrong but at least you held your ground.

I guess I am just dumbfounded by how quickly many fans have given up on this staff. Maybe the frustration of the past 6 years is resulting in a lot less patience on the part of fans.

This staff has had one recruiting class they can call their own from start to finish and that was for a team that had not been recruiting much talent for several years. I don't want to make excuses for the game on Saturday because it was not good but this team is young and inexperienced and this staff has not had a fair amount of time, IMO, to rebuild this program.

Instant gratification is not going to occur with the CU football program, it is going to take a few more years.

I do find that amusing. If Buffs can catch a punt up 14-3 and if EB can call better plays at the goalline, the Buffs were going to win that game. We win the game these same anti-JE people would be posting what bowl game we would be going to.

I do find that amusing. If Buffs can catch a punt up 14-3 and if EB can call better plays at the goalline, the Buffs were going to win that game. We win the game these same anti-JE people would be posting what bowl game we would be going to.

I dunno about that. Even if CU wins that game, the way they got pushed around in the second half on the LOS would not bode well for the rest of the season.

And I don't think anyone here is anti-Embo. We just want to see the results on the field.

I dunno about that. Even if CU wins that game, the way they got pushed around in the second half on the LOS would not bode well for the rest of the season.

And I don't think anyone here is anti-Embo. We just want to see the results on the field.
Even before the CSU score to end the half, I knew we weren't going to a bowl game. that OL was atrocious from the start.

It is only one game. Our OL was going to struggle anyway but that doesn't mean we won't improve as the season goes on.

Bottom line we would feel a whole lot better if the Buffs won on Sat even though we don't look that impressive on the field and wouldn't be calling for JE's head 1 game into the season.

Its going to take another year or two to get better players in here anyway. What I hope is that JE will clear out the guys who can't play so we aren't holding scholarships on guys who aren't talented enough to play at the Pac 12 level. We should easily bring in another 25 guys this year recruiting wise because I know there's 5-7 guys on scholarship now who aren't part of the future.

Actually, the whole "let's be patient until better players get here" is more funny right now.

Its going to take another year or two to get better players in here anyway. What I hope is that JE will clear out the guys who can't play so we aren't holding scholarships on guys who aren't talented enough to play at the Pac 12 level. We should easily bring in another 25 guys this year recruiting wise because I know there's 5-7 guys on scholarship now who aren't part of the future.

My problem is that I don't think that JE is getting the players we do have to play to their potential. We got pushed around on Sat by a smaller less talented team. If we get more talent but JE can't get them to play to that talent level, then we just have bigger more talented players still getting pushed around by a smaller team that wants the win more.

My problem is that I don't think that JE is getting the players we do have to play to their potential. We got pushed around on Sat by a smaller less talented team. If we get more talent but JE can't get them to play to that talent level, then we just have bigger more talented players still getting pushed around by a smaller team that wants the win more.

Outside of the offensive line and maybe TJ, I think the team played up to their talent level.

Webb was OK even when injured. I didn't expect anything more of him in his first game.
Wide Receivers weren't great, but nobody expected them to be. They're freshman and sohomores and not fast.
D-line gave up too many rushing yards, but they were our biggest question mark on defense.
Linebackers were generally pretty good. Webb and Daigh looked very good, Rippy and Major just aren't capable of what they were pre-injury.
The secodary played well until the injuries. Freshmen were impressive, but made mistakes.

Outside of the offensive line and maybe TJ, I think the team played up to their talent level.

Webb was OK even when injured. I didn't expect anything more of him in his first game.
Wide Receivers weren't great, but nobody expected them to be. They're freshman and sohomores and not fast.
D-line gave up too many rushing yards, but they were our biggest question mark on defense.
Linebackers were generally pretty good. Webb and Daigh looked very good, Rippy and Major just aren't capable of what they were pre-injury.
The secodary played well until the injuries. Freshmen were impressive, but made mistakes.
you dont have to be fast to play WR you have to know your spots on the field

I don't get this. Quite a few people have said this and even the coaches agree. I just don't understand why everyone loves below average QB play.

2nd half of the game: 7 for 18 for 52 yards. 38.9% completion percentage. 2.89 YPA. That's so bad I just don't get it. Webb is like a morph between Hansen and Cody and we're cool with that. I don't even

This. LB and OL were the two areas where we had some experience returning, so to see the ol stymied was telling, no doubt.

The O-Line was a mess. Their footwork was a disaster. They didn't use their hands well. Their ability to gain leverage was nonexistent. There may be some inexperience there, but they may have just seen the worst D-Line they'll see all year. This was one game where I expected the O-Line to dominate. The fact that they got pushed around, run around, and run over, does not bode well for this team.

The line on Webb was that he struggled in Kansas because he was always under pressure, but he'll do better in front of a good CU O-Line. Toto - I think we're in Kansas.

I don't get this. Quite a few people have said this and even the coaches agree. I just don't understand why everyone loves below average QB play.

2nd half of the game: 7 for 18 for 52 yards. 38.9% completion percentage. 2.89 YPA. That's so bad I just don't get it. Webb is like a morph between Hansen and Cody and we're cool with that. I don't even

It's not that I'm cool with it. It's that it was what I expected. I don't think Webb has a high ceiling. It was the first game in a new system with a horrendous oline and the worst wrs in the conference. I was merely pointing out that we don't have a terrific team. If the o-line had played up to where I thought they would we would have won quite easily.

But then a first tier OC or DC will have some tools to work with. I look at Iowa State. New coach and in his first year they go to a bowl game. Players are vital, but coaching is also a huge part of the mix.

Back