1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The key to beating FSU will be turnovers

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Marching Buff, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Marching Buff

Marching Buff Member

If we can create just as many turnovers as Wake did (7) then we have a very probable chance of winning. If there defense is supposedly going to be hindering us, it will fall on our defense to create scoring opportunities. I'm not sure how many points Wake had off of turnovers
    but I think a pick 6 or fumble recovery for us will help give the offense some confidence and make their job easier.

The other side of the coin is that we have to hold on to the ball. Wake had 2 turnovers and still held FSU to only a field goal, but that is a theory I wouldn't like the Buffs to test.

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Actually the key to beating FSU is scoring more points.

3. Marching Buff

Marching Buff Member

Is that how games are won? All this time I thought it was time of possession.:rolleyes:

Thanks smart-ass.:finger2:

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Sorry MB, it was just too tempting.:smile2:

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Well you can't expect us to get 7 turnovers but I agree with your thesis..

Buff offense is going to have take care of the ball.. FSU defense is capable of winning the game on its own..

6. Marching Buff

Marching Buff Member

I can't expect CU to create 7 turnovers, but I wouldn't mind if they did. I would settle for 2 or 3, especially if they lead to points.

7. broncos1

broncos1 Member

Cody needs to protect the ball for sure. Buffs start turning the ball over, you give the FSU offense confidence and the defense will attack CU harder and harder.

A quick start is also huge. Make those FSU quarterbacks have to make plays. That is where we get our turnovers.