What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The last 7 guys we need to land

Get real? So, you are on the 'we can't expect a winning season until 2014' train? Sorry, 6 straight losing seasons is getting real.
Yep....Dooshbag Danny ****ed us for at least three years.

Yep....Dooshbag Danny ****ed us for at least three years.

:lol: Yes, and GB ****ed us for 3 years and so on and so on. WIN, stop with excuses and win.

You do realize this sounds just like the first few years of coach simple jack don't you? Cycle has to be broken, we can't keep saying 3 years until we win again with every coach.

:lol: Yes, and GB ****ed us for 3 years and so on and so on. WIN, stop with excuses and win.

You do realize this sounds just like the first few years of coach simple jack don't you? Cycle has to be broken, we can't keep saying 3 years until we win again with every coach.

Sorry...but it is reality.....many of us predicted this fate when Bohn did not ****can simple jack a year earlier.....sit back, relax, ignore the losses in 2012 and 2013, then get pissed as hell if we do not win in 2014.

C'mon, syko, we all want to see wins. But the fact is that The Fraud didn't leave much behind. You can expect miracles all you want, but that is not being real.

C'mon, syko, we all want to see wins. But the fact is that The Fraud didn't leave much behind. You can expect miracles all you want, but that is not being real.

Sorry, I'm not playing the hawk game again. Wait, wait, wait...starting to sound like a pre-battle order from william wallace around here....hold...HOLD....

Sorry...but it is reality.....many of us predicted this fate when Bohn did not ****can simple jack a year earlier.....sit back, relax, ignore the losses in 2012 and 2013, then get pissed as hell if we do not win in 2014.

I predicted hawk in mid season year 3, so? What top recruits is embree going to bring in with 2 more losing seasons? This isn't csu. Expect better, demand better. These guys are better coaches right? So, no reason not to turn 5-7 into 7-5.

Won't be many relaxing or ignoring 2 more losing seasons.

I predicted hawk in mid season year 3, so? What top recruits is embree going to bring in with 2 more losing seasons? This isn't csu. Expect better, demand better. These guys are better coaches right? So, no reason not to turn 5-7 into 7-5.

Won't be many relaxing or ignoring 2 more losing seasons.

I don't know, dude. I want to win as much as anyone on this board.....maybe I have become too cynical. I hope you are right,

I don't know, dude. I want to win as much as anyone on this board.....maybe I have become too cynical. I hope you are right,

You think I'm going to tell you or anyone else they are too cynical?:lol:

I know exactly what you are saying, i'm just saying no to losses. The "just say no to drugs didn't work", maybe this will..:bang:

So you are super-cynical because of the Hawkins disaster, but you expect an immediate turnaround from Embree's freshmen/RS freshmen. You can expect to be disappointed.

I turned out to be optimistic this year, predicting 4 wins. I think we'll do a bit better than that next year - w/o the 13th game maybe make a minor bowl game. Is that what you're talking about? 6 wins?

Can I get an update on the scholarships. I thought we were taking 28 this cycle. Did something change because we missed on EE's.

Thank you.

Can I get an update on the scholarships. I thought we were taking 28 this cycle. Did something change because we missed on EE's.

Thank you.

Norgard and Kelley are early enrollees. Kelley can count back to 2011, though. I think when Embree says "28" he is counting those 2 guys, Connor Wood, and then 25 more.

Norgard and Kelley are early enrollees. Kelley can count back to 2011, though. I think when Embree says "28" he is counting those 2 guys, Connor Wood, and then 25 more.

If you go back 10 years, every year there have being about 3-5 guys leaving the program due to attrition.

Looks like we are going to oversign to protect against atrition and guys not qualifying.

Right now we have 23 commits(2 early enrolless), .

Last edited:
If you go back 10 years, every year there have being about 3-5 guys leaving the program due to attrition.

Looks like we are going to oversign to protect against atrition and guys not qualifying.

Right now we have 23 commits(2 early enrolless), .

Sure. But NCAA rules only allow 25 per recruiting class.

Sure. But NCAA rules only allow 25 per recruiting class.

21 commits for this year so far

Alex Kelley and Clay Nogard will count toward last year class.

We will probably grey shirt Peyton Williams and maybe Terrence Crowder.

We are going to oversign, 2-3 guys currently commited are academic risk

And Hopefully Mike Davis will transfer to CU .

Last edited:
21 commits for this year so far

Alex Kelley and Clay Nogard will count toward last year class.

We will probably grey shirt Peyton Williams and maybe Terrence Crowder.

We are going to oversign, 2-3 guys currently commited are academic risk

And Hopefully Mike Davis will transfer to CU .

Would count to 85 total, but not the 25 limit we can take for this class. Just clarifying for everyone.

So it looks like we are still looking at 6 more guys if we can convince Crowder and Williams to GS which they should to get healthy. Otherwise we have room for only 4 more guys from this class based on the 25 scholarship limit. Also are we still in on Manea (sp.) as a GS candidate or as he/us moved on?

So it looks like we are still looking at 6 more guys if we can convince Crowder and Williams to GS which they should to get healthy. Otherwise we have room for only 4 more guys from this class based on the 25 scholarship limit. Also are we still in on Manea (sp.) as a GS candidate or as he/us moved on?

Correct. And Manaea's gone. Based on PW's most recent comments, I'm not sure how receptive he'd be to a GS right now, but things can change. I have no idea on Crowder.

So you are super-cynical because of the Hawkins disaster, but you expect an immediate turnaround from Embree's freshmen/RS freshmen. You can expect to be disappointed.

I turned out to be optimistic this year, predicting 4 wins. I think we'll do a bit better than that next year - w/o the 13th game maybe make a minor bowl game. Is that what you're talking about? 6 wins?

6-7 wins and bowl game. CU should be 3-0 going into conference play. Not too much to ask for your program to go 4-4 in conference play.

Embree doesn't want or use excuses, neither should we.

6-7 wins and bowl game. CU should be 3-0 going into conference play. Not too much to ask for your program to go 4-4 in conference play.

Tend to think that for this year 6 wins is certainly reasonable, be nice to surprise someone and get 7. Either way we should at least get some kind of bowl game. This would give the coaches credibility on the recruiting trail that the program is looking up and guys could have a reasonable expectation of winning some games if they come to Boulder.

Down side is that while getting 3 wins OOC should happen this team still has a long way to go. It was just plain sad last year to see us week after week put a team on the field that was position for position smaller and slower, and less skilled than the teams we were playing. Hawk left us in terrible shape. At the same time we have a team that should have the potential to beat a team or two that we shouldn't and the PAC12 South isn't exactly going to be murderers row this upcoming season.

Biggest difference is I would hope that after a full year with the new staff and a significant turnover on the roster they can work on getting rid of some of the losing attitude that Hawkins left us for last year. Recruiting is vital but if that doesn't change then it won't matter who we recruit.

I just saw, mosley,walker and tupou have all been graded as 3 stars on rivals. Nice.

That is nice. But on the flip side, as someone else pointed out, they dropped Crowder from 3 to 2 stars, when there was no change in his status. Not only that, they dropped him to down to a 5.2 rating, where 5.4 is the max 2 star rating.

That is nice. But on the flip side, as someone else pointed out, they dropped Crowder from 3 to 2 stars, when there was no change in his status. Not only that, they dropped him to down to a 5.2 rating, where 5.4 is the max 2 star rating.

I thought crowder was a 2 star from the get go?

He was a 5.4 2* on Rivals and is now a 5.2 2* on Rivals. Never was a 3*.

I thought crowder was a 2 star from the get go?
On Rivals he was a 2*.

I guess we are in violent agreement. :thumbsup:

Back