What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the late, great John Riegel

Mick Ronson

i couldn't help thinking how truly great it would be to be up and about this morning.....having the coffee, doing my "things"....and listen to John on the AM radio talk about the Pac South Champs....and what a wild ride it's been.

Good memories listening to John talk about the Buffs.....driving around with my Dad when we did errands on Sunday mornings.

God Bless the man. He would have loved this (and as even-keeled and rational as he was.....couldn't hide it this time...what i'm thinking).

He was a recruiting guru before the internet when guys did it as a hobby. John was a full time federal employee I think. DoD or something. He died from one of those embolism deals, I think, in his early 50's.

He was a recruiting guru before the internet when guys did it as a hobby. John was a full time federal employee I think. DoD or something. He died from one of those embolism deals, I think, in his early 50's.
The guy's knowledge was amazing. I know he was terribly overweight, which probably contributed to his premature passing.

The guy's knowledge was amazing. I know he was terribly overweight, which probably contributed to his premature passing.
Dude was a walking encyclopedia about CO high school sports and recruiting in general. Broke the mold with that dude.

Instead, these days, we get guys like Clough who say things like, "By all accounts, CSU out recruited CU this year." I think that was on signing day a couple of seasons ago.

Instead, these days, we get guys like Clough who say things like, "By all accounts, CSU out recruited CU this year." I think that was on signing day a couple of seasons ago.

It also probaby took him about 45 seconds to say that sentence. I swear every time I hear him he's taking breaks every other word. Spit it out already.

Sad thing is, Sandy's about the closest thing we have to the old guard of decent Denver sports talk radio hosts.

Maybe Logan, but he's a different sort of dude anyway.

Back