What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Mayor took office in Detroit tonight

He's Mr. October. I really don't see that as an issue. October is, like, the first month of the NBA season.

I looked it up and Jackson went to high school in Colorado springs and college at Boston College. To bad he didn't become a buff.

So do we cheer or the local kid who is succeeding, or hate him for turning his back on us.

I looked it up and Jackson went to high school in Colorado springs and college at Boston College. To bad he didn't become a buff.

So do we cheer or the local kid who is succeeding, or hate him for turning his back on us.
Hate

Bzdelik decided not to even recruit Jackson. Didn't think he was right for his system.

In 2008, we let both Jackson and Dallas Elmore leave the state for Boston College. Bzdelik's in-state target was Trey Eckloff that year.

Bzdelik decided not to even recruit Jackson. Didn't think he was right for his system.

In 2008, we let both Jackson and Dallas Elmore leave the state for Boston College. Bzdelik's in-state target was Trey Eckloff that year.

slow clap

Hard to hate, but strongly disappointed. Helps Buff brand though if he succeeds.

Jackson played his HS ball in Colorado Springs but wasn't really strongly tied to Colorado. Military kid if I remember right, was born in Italy.

Despite that, and again just going by memory he would have been open to listening to Colorado but Buzz wasn't highly interested so he ended up being an all-conference player in the Big East.

I think that by his history though he fall into a role with Detroit that allows a lot of room for Spencer.

Jackson has been primarily a back-up to Westbrook with the Thunder but I saw some interesting stats on him. He doesn't attack the basket a lot with under 27% of his shots close to the rim, he also doesn't shoot a lot of 3's. Most of his shots are mid to long range 2s. He also has a very low assist rate for minutes played.

Spencer on the other hand is know primarily for attacking the rim or shooting the 3 and is much more likely to look to set up a teammate.

The Mayor should still get his chances. Jackson does compete for minutes and shots but in the long run I think Spencer will find himself a solid role in Detroit.

Last edited:
Spencer had his first double double on Saturday vs the Bulls (10 pts 10 ast). He's been getting a lot of minute lately

Great article summarizing Spencer's season thus far and his future with the Pistons

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/03/28/detroit-pistons-spencer-dinwiddie-potential/

If the only concern with Dinwiddie is whether he'll find the range on his jump shot, then Detroit fans are going to be very happy. That's a statistical anomaly this season, not an indication of his game. He'll learn to pick his spots, settle in, and start shooting over 35% from 3pt range in no time.

I agree - lots of fans are saying he's not that good because his shooting % is poor. He's still adjusting, he's only a rookie. Give him till next season and more minutes, he'll be fine. He's shown lots of flashes.

Plenty of players have had their worst shooting year in their rookie year.

Change from college to pro game is huge. Spencer proved in college that he is quality natural shooter, it will come to him in time.

This year he is proving that he can do all the other important parts of the game, running an offense, distributing the ball, playing defense, etc.

Not certain that it will be with Detroit considering the other guys they are investing money in but Spencer has shown that he belongs on the floor for an NBA team this year. He has shown himself to be versatile enough on both offense and defense that he could fit with plenty of teams.

Back