What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Mayor's Journey To Election Day

Like I said I will stand by what I said, on both Dinwiddie and Richardson. Both opinions come from a lot of research and grades, think about what your saying, 10 mock drafts I have looked at several times in Dinwiddie's case over a span of 3 months. His name finally appeared the first time in 2 this last week, the highest of the 2 was #54 to the Nuggets. Not good

NBA mock drafts suck

What should we go off of?

Reliable journalists, advanced stats, your own eyes, and not much more until the lottery is actually set and teams begin workouts. Or, you could spend a half hour reading 10+ fake drafts with fake orders of team selection by people who never drafted anybody for a real team ever and then say you did your homework like EddieCrowder.

Like I said I will stand by what I said, on both Dinwiddie and Richardson. Both opinions come from a lot of research and grades, think about what your saying, 10 mock drafts I have looked at several times in Dinwiddie's case over a span of 3 months. His name finally appeared the first time in 2 this last week, the highest of the 2 was #54 to the Nuggets. Not good

Your attempt to conflate PRich and Dinwiddie is poor and demonstrates flawed logic. I posted right after the McShay's 1st mock that had PRich as a 1st and said that he's a 2nd-3rd. I didn't need mock drafts to come to that conclusion and the amount of relevance it has with Dinwiddie is zero. Most on here said Roberson would not be a 1st rounder and that sentiment included his coach and all your fantasy draft makers, but a smart team who pays heed to advanced stats knew Dre's true value. So, this whole idea that people are just blindly drinking the kool aid on Dinwiddie holds no support

Last edited:
Reliable journalists, advanced stats, your own eyes, and not much more until the lottery is actually set and teams begin workouts. Or, you could spend a half hour reading 10+ fake drafts with fake orders of team selection by people who never drafted anybody for a real team ever and then say you did your homework like EddieCrowder.
Ok so reliable journalists mock drafts.

Ok so reliable journalists mock drafts.

I think you and I may have different takes on who and who isn't a reliable journalist. There are some who do mock drafts but none of them hold any water until we get much closer to the draft and even then, they're mostly useless. Mock drafts are just click-bait. Ultimately, what you should gain from the journalists who you've found to be reliable is information on what the NBA thinks of players and new information on the players. If you're just clicking on fake drafts and using that as a legitimate source to build your opinion then you have no opinion and you're just a sucker for link bait

I think you and I may have different takes on who and who isn't a reliable journalist. There are some who do mock drafts but none of them hold any water until we get much closer to the draft and even then, they're mostly useless. Mock drafts are just click-bait. Ultimately, what you should gain from the journalists who you've found to be reliable is information on what the NBA thinks of players and new information on the players. If you're just clicking on fake drafts and using that as a legitimate source to build your opinion then you have no opinion and you're just a sucker for link bait
I didn't exactly say who I thought was (and wasn't) a reliable "journalist." And yes, they're click-bait just like the Bracketology stuff. Not many average Joes are going to be able to put together a RELIABLE mock draft outside of the top picks. This is speculation just like a lot of things are. I love to see your mock draft now.

I didn't exactly say who I thought was (and wasn't) a reliable "journalist." And yes, they're click-bait just like the Bracketology stuff. Not many average Joes are going to be able to put together a RELIABLE mock draft outside of the top picks. This is speculation just like a lot of things are. I love to see your mock draft now.

No, you didn't say who and it was just a response to "reliable journalists who do mocks" because there's few who do them. I like slotting players as lottery, mid, and late 1st but I wouldn't build a mock draft especially before the overall order of selection was set. I certainly wouldn't have Zach LaVine as a lottery pick as I've heard him being mocked as a top 13 pick by some. Crazy. I'll draft Frank Kaminsky over LaVine and I've hardly heard his name associated with the draft

And Im not saying Kaminsky is a lottery or even a mid 1st. He's maybe a late 1st

Last edited:
There's also a difference with these mocks on where "they should" go versus where "they will" go? The latter doesn't mean they mock drafters agree with the selections, just what they are anticipating based on many things.

I wouldn't put too much stock into mock drafts with so much time to go before the actual draft. There's always a few players that rise late.

I agree with most of what is being said about mock drafts, what I do think they are quite good at is getting the names of who will be selected and the general area they are likely to come off the board (give or take 10 slots) in the NBA draft. I also was one of the few that that said there was no way PRich is a #1, in fact that line of thinking is comical. There will be 3 or 4 players in mock A, that are not in mock B, and so on and so forth, but to explain away Dinwiddie not even being mentioned in 8 of 10 like there all trash doesn't seem very logical.

That's clearly not in the quote, but something you inferred. I interpreted it as at least some of the NBA GMs were valuing his other skills more so than his athleticism pre-ACL. He's not Russell Westbrook but he isn't Sam Cassell either. Just as an example--not direct comp to Spencer--If Kyle Anderson tore his ACL, I'm sure you'd hear GMs having similar sentiments about valuing his other skills above his athleticism. Your interpretation could be true, but I think it's more likely that it's a vote of confidence on Spencer's draft grade.

No **** Sherlock. That's what the "is basically saying" part referenced. My interpretation of the anonymous GM comment was not in opposition to what you wrote. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and I actually agree with you 100%. Sometimes all of your thoughts don't come through when you don't type a Mtn style tome (which I've actually grown to like and appreciate).

Last edited:
No **** Sherlock. That's what the "is basically saying" part referenced. My interpretation of the anonymous GM comment was not in opposition to what you wrote. The two aren't mutually exclusive, and I actually agree with you 100%. Sometimes all of your thoughts don't come through when you don't type a Mtn style tome (which I've actually grown to like and appreciate).

You asserted that the GM quote meant he was never a first round pick. I said it seems like a vote of confidence on his draft grade. Sorry, should've been more specific--I interpreted it as the GM saying the ACL didn't drop him from a 1st rd grade. Either could be right. Fairly banal quote anyhow, but definitely mutually exclusive.

I agree with most of what is being said about mock drafts, what I do think they are quite good at is getting the names of who will be selected and the general area they are likely to come off the board (give or take 10 slots) in the NBA draft. I also was one of the few that that said there was no way PRich is a #1, in fact that line of thinking is comical. There will be 3 or 4 players in mock A, that are not in mock B, and so on and so forth, but to explain away Dinwiddie not even being mentioned in 8 of 10 like there all trash doesn't seem very logical.

What's comical is your incessant desire to bring PRich into this discussion. 0 relevance. Roberson wasn't mocked as a 1st rd pick last year either. He wasn't even mocked as a 2nd rd on some.

Last edited:
I really doubt that overseas is a viable option. They'll cut you if you get sick, and they sure as hell aren't going to sign a player who may not be ready to play right away. A Wisconsin player, once signed by the Nuggets, scored 41 points and pulled down 30 rebounds in a game recently in the Philippines, but then got food poisoning and missed a couple of games so they cut his ass.

BuffG my point in all of this be it Dinwiddie, or Richardson is most of the draft comments are of the cheerleader variety, and I get that. What I don't get is the some of the personal shots and I am not talking about you, at some of us that refuse to let our loyalty to CU cloud the reality.

I agree that most of the names that are mocked by the top 2 mock sites are usually accurate within 10 spots or so.

Take nbadraft.net. They got 28/30 first round picks within about 10 spots. But they missed entirely on Andre Roberson and Solomon Hill.

And a lot of the mocks out there are really fan mocks with next to no inside information on a players stock. They're interesting to look at but don't really mean a whole lot. Many fans of college basketball don't pay a whole lot of attention to Colorado, or even Pac 12 basketball in general. Those that do pay attention generally seem to think Spencer should return for his senior year, and would probably include him on their mocks if he did officially declare for the draft.

Far as PRich, I think most saw him as a 2nd round talent. Perhaps that is me overrating him and he is more likely to go in the 3rd/4th round.

I agree that most of the names that are mocked by the top 2 mock sites are usually accurate within 10 spots or so.

Take nbadraft.net. They got 28/30 first round picks within about 10 spots. But they missed entirely on Andre Roberson and Solomon Hill.

And a lot of the mocks out there are really fan mocks with next to no inside information on a players stock. They're interesting to look at but don't really mean a whole lot. Many fans of college basketball don't pay a whole lot of attention to Colorado, or even Pac 12 basketball in general. Those that do pay attention generally seem to think Spencer should return for his senior year, and would probably include him on their mocks if he did officially declare for the draft.

Far as PRich, I think most saw him as a 2nd round talent. Perhaps that is me overrating him and he is more likely to go in the 3rd/4th round.

For those of you that follow Mock Drafts, I have a question.

If I were to decide to publish a mock draft blog and promote it out a bit (let's say with abs and the team helping to tweet it out with some key hash tags to get exposure), how long do you guys think it would take until "reputable" sites started referencing my unqualified bull**** as a legitimate source?

If I were to decide to publish a mock draft blog and promote it out a bit (let's say with abs and the team helping to tweet it out with some key hash tags to get exposure), how long do you guys think it would take until "reputable" sites started referencing my unqualified bull**** as a legitimate source?

With Abs' SEO work? Honestly, we could probably have you "legit" by this year's draft.

I think that's fair roland, and all I have said all along is if your not a sure fire #1 and you have eligibility left, you need to go back to school. This is especially true for Dinwiddie with the injury.
The Richardson situation comes down to one thing, when does a run on the WR position happen. If its early in the 2nd odds are he is selected in the 55 to 70 range. if it doesn't happen till late second then it could be the tail end of the 3rd round, or later.

Wouldn't take long to be more respected then nbadraft.net

Where does ESPN have Dinwiddie ranked? I am not an ESPN Insider subscriber - so I can only see their Top 20 (and Dinwiddie isn't in that group).

Wouldn't take long to be more respected then nbadraft.net

ScreenShot2013-11-25at12.22.28PM_original.png

Still my all time favorite comparison.

Where does ESPN have Dinwiddie ranked? I am not an ESPN Insider subscriber - so I can only see their Top 20 (and Dinwiddie isn't in that group).

47, but it hasn't had an update for him since 12/17.

DraftExpress has him at #56 (#5 Junior).

I think that's fair roland, and all I have said all along is if your not a sure fire #1 and you have eligibility left, you need to go back to school. This is especially true for Dinwiddie with the injury.

Everyone has a different opinion on it. I think if you are a junior or senior, and feel confident that you will get some kind of guaranteed money, it is worth coming out even as a 2nd round pick. You have to weigh whether you have a chance to jump up the board in the next draft or not.

I think if you are an underclassmen and are not in a dire financial situation where you have to start earning a professional basketball salary, it is probably more beneficial to stay.

Shabazz Napier is a good example of someone who came back for his senior and really really increased his draft stock. He averaged 17.1 PPG 4.6 AST 4.4 REB his Junior year and increased everyone his senior year and is playing for the national championship.

Back