What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the Mighty Air Force vs the navy

The Navy may have aircraft but the don't have anything like this!

attachment.php

One more time. If it doesn't work this time *^% it.

Attachments

• b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 0
  • yf23_b2.jpg
    yf23_b2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
One more time. If it doesn't work this time *^% it.

worked.

however, those things are chump birds, imo. the SR-71. now that is the shiz-nit. i finally made it over to the smithsonian (sp?) by IAD and they had one of those things. friggin sick! what a wonder to look at. that was the bird that i spent the most time looking at and talking to the hosts about. just to think what kind of crazy **** that bird did during its time in active service......:wow:

it is just a friggin marvel to see and to think about how that thing warped and changed shape with heat? we had some smart guys working for the USofA back then. God knows, i hope they are still there.

worked.

however, those things are chump birds, imo. the SR-71. now that is the shiz-nit. i finally made it over to the smithsonian (sp?) by IAD and they had one of those things. friggin sick! what a wonder to look at. that was the bird that i spent the most time looking at and talking to the hosts about. just to think what kind of crazy **** that bird did during its time in active service......:wow:

it is just a friggin marvel to see and to think about how that thing warped and changed shape with heat? we had some smart guys working for the USofA back then. God knows, i hope they are still there.

SR-71 are Awesome! But A-10's are by far and away my favorite. Designers are handed a canon and told to design a plane around it. Blow most of one of its wings off or one of the engines and it can still fly home. Wish the Football team was build a little more like that.

Attachments

• a-10warthog.jpg
    a-10warthog.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 29
SR-71 are Awesome! But A-10's are by far and away my favorite. Designers are handed a canon and told to design a plane around it. Blow most of one of its wings off or one of the engines and it can still fly home. Wish the Football team was build a little more like that.

if i understand correctly, the same engines on the hog are the ones they put on the CRJ's that a lot of regionals fly and they make them very close to my house here in G-ville s.c. that is a nice plane... ugly, slow, mean and tough. great plane.

How is AF's Kicker? are they just trying to win here or are they concerned he can't hit a 35 yarder?

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A-10 is an example of designing an airplane to do one specific task. Compared to the idea of trying to build an airplane that can do some of everything. The A-10 is relatively cheap to build, cheap to maintain, incredably durable and absolutely Kicks Ass at what it is designed to do, provide support to the troops on the ground and kill anything that moves on the ground.

It may be slow and ugly but it is a slow and ugly that the our guys on the ground like.

oh I'm a huge fan. What the premadonna Raptor guys dont realize is that the A-10 is a real plane for a real warrior.

Back