What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The "Moment of Silence" Last Night....

I could hear it on tv loud and clear, wasnt to hard. It shouldnt happen but in alot of arenas it does. You guys just dont start going Maryland up there and we will be fine.

I love Maryland, born and raised, and will always be a terp. I have to say UMD games are pretty fun, they start out by playing a video of Gary talking about respect, etc. Then they play the Hey, You Suck song, and then announce each opposing player followed by Sucks (I like that CU has picked this up), its pretty hilarious.

I will say just before they got in trouble it was getting pretty bad. I know they started to have guarded parking lots for opposing fans to park their cars in, and for the most part there arent too many opposing fans at Maryland. I will say the funniest shirt I have ever seen was at a Maryland game, on the front it said "I want to name my kid JJ Redick" then on the back it said "So I can BEAT him every day!!", still laugh thinking about it.

Edit: The F Kansas thing was pretty bad, and the FU KU chant was really lame, but other than that CU is not a bad place to go to a basketball game, regardless of what KU fans say.

Last edited:
According to this thread a KU fan emailed Boyle to complain and Boyle called him personally to apologize??

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1928869&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

I like how a bunch of people replying to this thread thought he was a dumbass for writing the administration, and they called themselves out as not being much better. You have to realize that if you try to come into a opposing teams arena and try to "own" the place you are not going to get treated well, and you will hear derogatory statements made towards you. If you want to get rowdy, fine, but realize there are consequences for doing so.

I watched a documentary on Fred Phelps with Netflix streaming the other day. The douche was wearing a jayhawks shirt the whole interview. I laughed.

I like how a bunch of people replying to this thread thought he was a dumbass for writing the administration, and they called themselves out as not being much better. You have to realize that if you try to come into a opposing teams arena and try to "own" the place you are not going to get treated well, and you will hear derogatory statements made towards you. If you want to get rowdy, fine, but realize there are consequences for doing so.

I think that is a huge reason why CU fans are known for being some of the worst. The problem is that a lot of the opposing teams fans live here and think because there are so many of their ilk that it is a home game for them. The White, i mean, Husker Power chant is similar. Go back to your home state.

Also about the cursing. I have actually noticed that as i grow older I have less of a problem with it. I don't curse that often. (And hopefully no longer now that a certain someone is gone.) But I don't have a problem with others doing it. Now I don't have children so maybe that will change one day.

I just don't understand why damn and dang used in the same exact context have a different social meaning. Same with different countries. **** (a male chicken) is a bad word here but in England the top gear guys call each other ****(a male chicken) all the time but they can't say shag.

I think that is a huge reason why CU fans are known for being some of the worst. The problem is that a lot of the opposing teams fans live here and think because there are so many of their ilk that it is a home game for them. The White, i mean, Husker Power chant is similar. Go back to your home state.

Also about the cursing. I have actually noticed that as i grow older I have less of a problem with it. I don't curse that often. (And hopefully no longer now that a certain someone is gone.) But I don't have a problem with others doing it. Now I don't have children so maybe that will change one day.

I just don't understand why damn and dang used in the same exact context have a different social meaning. Same with different countries. **** (a male chicken) is a bad word here but in England the top gear guys call each other ****(a male chicken) all the time but they can't say shag.

This past summer my wife and I went to the BMW factory, and with kids everywhere one of the representitives of BMW droped the f-bomb consistantly. My wife freaked out at first untill she realized that in other countries, it doesnt mean anything. So why do people get so upset with it here?

Hate that this happened following the moment of silence and I don't like the FU chants when directed at the opposing team. I don't ever want to see us get rid of the F'em up F'em up chant but the FU(insert said school) chant is stupid and lame. Would like to see some more clever chants.

Will only offer two things in our defense -

1. Many fans often race to cast stones in these types of situations without examining their own behavior --"Rip his ****ing head off!" chant and the F-U Mizzou T-shirts at KU basketball games come to mind

2. As a visiting fanbase when you try to out number or bring a big portion of fans to the opposing teams home court or field you are asking for trouble - such as the UGA game, Husker games in Boulder or KU basketball at CEC.

--This doesn't excuse the behavior of the students but you should realize there will be some annomosity built in with trying to take over the home court.

I hope that Tadd, Mike and the PA announcer can get the students to change their ways but this will be hard to do and only time will tell. I think winning games regularly will help (especially with the rushing the field BS) but only time will tell. --Also Maryland has a great Bball program and they are still really ****ty yelling the FU Duke whenever possible.

this totally destroys the stereotype that Kansas fans are pompus and whiney.

the letter to Boyle was hilarious. He says he is never going to spend another dollar at CU, yes probably because they are going to another conference moron. You didn't go to the CEC to watch CU play.

this totally destroys the stereotype that Kansas fans are pompus and whiney.

the letter to Boyle was hilarious. He says he is never going to spend another dollar at CU, yes probably because they are going to another conference moron. You didn't go to the CEC to watch CU play.

They are showing they are some of the dumbest fans out there, and that is bad coming from us. There was a couple that sat behind us at the game talking about this call being bad, and this player or that player on Kansas. They knew absolutly nothing, it was sad. Our seats are on the first row, and they bought their tickets on stubhub, so they spent hundreds of dollars to be there too. just pathetic

One of my favoriates is when one of the Morris brothers got called for a over the back foul, and they were complaining that it wasnt a foul. But it was the definition of a over the back foul. I think my wife was about to punch them in the face

Not sure if anyone heard the caller into Joel & CJ yesterday - a Colorado native & KU alum. He proceeded to be all pompous and self-righteous about the difference in our fanbase. CJ responded by saying very similiar things to what's being said here (even doing the comparison of KU bball fans to Husker fball fans too) but then got so fired up, he had to move on from the caller quickly.

By the way, I complained about the CU season ticket holder fans turning into KU fans for this game the other day. I cursed myself. The man & his son in front of me all of a sudden showed up in KU blue (though the son wore a CU hat that he took off at half - never once did he actually root for the Buffs) and the young couple behind me for every game who never, ever cheer... well, the male ends up being a Jayhawk fan and whined more about the calls, CU playing dirty, etc. than I have ever heard him speak this entire season. **** Kansas.

That being said, I hate the "FU (opposing school)" cheer. It's embarrassing. I know they are students & I probably said it myself a time or two in college, but now I find it obnoxious. I wasn't there for the moment of silence but wow - there's absolutely no defense for that. Security would've had every right to remove him, IMO.
And by the way, the cheer really isn't "F 'em up, F 'em up Go CU". It's "Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go CU". And yes, I said it up until I stopped sitting in the student section so I'm not trying to be self-righteous on that. I just can't stand when CU fans actually think that's the REAL cheer. It's not.

Last edited:
Received this Email today.
Dear CU Students,

I would like first to thank you for your tremendous support and enthusiasm at our men's basketball games this season. Your excitement has made a significant difference in our home game environment and overall growth and prominence of the program over last couple of years. You are engaged in the game, know basketball and serve as the heartbeat of the contest along with your colleagues in our pep band.

However, I must say how deeply disappointed I and so many other Buff fans were in other aspects of your behavior at the game Tuesday night vs. KU. The chanting of expletives at the opposing team is, quite frankly, an embarrassment to our university, athletic department, alumni and our team. We publicly saluted your outstanding sportsmanship and behavior at other marquee games that have been played so far this year. YOU are the generators of the energy that inspires our team and other fans, and that energy has become the envy of our competition.

We know that you know better and YOU should expect better behavior from your fellow students who attend the University of Colorado. A national television audience witnessed our team playing a great game, but was not left with the overall impression of our institution that we aspire to convey. We all yearn for a nationally-respected basketball enterprise and we must all contribute to meeting that challenge with continued support and sportsmanship that will attract more fans and outstanding student-athletes.

We have at least five more home games that are very important on many levels. We expect all fans to demonstrate the level of class that truly defines the University of Colorado, and to showcase that class for visiting fans in the arena and TV audiences across the nation.

Thank you, and Go Buffs!

Mike Bohn

We are making quite a bit of progress. We used to interrupt all of the games throwing stuff on the field / court. Now it's just yelling - I think we're moving in the right direction.

was Bohn embarassed that we said **** you to his dream school. I didn't see that letter after your **** you csu cheer at the football AND basketball games.

I watched a documentary on Fred Phelps with Netflix streaming the other day. The douche was wearing a jayhawks shirt the whole interview. I laughed.

Fall From Grace? Ha ha I watched that yesterday and that was the first thing I noticed as well.

I will also verify that one student did say F Kansas during the moment of silence. I think I was maybe a section or two over from that. That is terrible. With that said, and I'm not condoning it at all, where I was sitting it was tough to hear what the PA announcer was saying. I only knew it was a moment of silence because I knew of the situation before the game started. Maybe he didn't know what was happening? I was kind of disappointed in how we did the moment of silence anyway. Wasn't it the first thing? I thought it would have had more impact after introductions, national anthem, just prior to tip off. That way, everybody would be in their seats and know what was happening. It didn't seem particularly silent, and I think that was because people were still getting to their seats and didn't know what was happening.

I still think he's an asshat though. That is totally classless. That embarasses me as a CU fan.

The chants I think are fine. I'm sure we're not the only student section in the country to do it. I used to love being in the student section when Nebraska would come out of the locker room for football games to see 1/3 of the stadium flipping the double bird. That was hilarious. Whatever it takes to get kids in the areas is fine with me. The only think I don't like is to do it when we're losing. Why start that chant when we're down 4 with 30 seconds left? That is lame.

I'll verify it too. I was sitting center court just below the cameras, and I heard the **** Kansas during the moment of silence as plain as day. It is sad, embarrassing, classless, and par for the course from the students. Fortunately, we were surrounded by Kansas fans, and they were in agreement that their students do the same stuff. Doesn't make it right, just illustrates that it happens everyplace, and the people who throw stones at another school for doing it are being hypocrites. I would love to see that stuff go away, but students are naturally immature, know-it-all, pricks. I know I was when I was a student. Fortunately, most of us grow out of it.

The moment of silence "**** you KU" was extremly ****ed up I agree 100% but why is Bohn just now writing a letter even after we chant it at EVERY game I've been to.

I did hear "FU CSU" but I didn't hear it against Oregon State, Mizzou or Okie State - and I sit right next to the student section. CU students have been pissed off at KU for years because their fans come into CEC & expect the welcome mat to be rolled out for them. The last few years, KU fans are finally the minority so I think they are surprised to be treated poorly (as they should as opposing team's fans). And since our AD & coach are from there, I think KU alums feel like they may have a sympathetic ear(s) for their compaints. Whatever - it's the last time we'll ever see their lame fans & their "Allen Fieldhouse West" signs.

Okay good point but in football, the FU chants go all game, so I guess that's where my question came from.

I do not care about our fan etiquette, what do you expect from thousands of drunk college students? Maturity? I care about winning championships, **** the perception of other schools.

Reactions: RK

My favorite
Russ21

Posted: 1/26/2011*8:57*AM
RE: Stay classy CU**(2 votes)
I turned up the volume and could blatantly hear F*** You Kansas for a good 30 seconds.**If you have ever*been to a game in Boulder you shouldn't be surprised,*went out to Boulder to see Reesing and the Hawks lose a nail biter and almost threw down several times with those trust fund b!tches.* The tipping point was a grown man knocking my buddies burrito out of his hands.

Back