What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The NCAA may not have enough bowl eligible teams

Makes the Hawaii loss hurt the most. We'd fit into the 2nd tier of teams a bowl can take iirc in this case, with the first being a 6-6 team with two wins coming against the fcs.....and that won't happen anywhere this year. Then it's 6 win teams who played 13. After that, a bowl could take somebody like Nebraska (example since they arent beating an Iowa team who makes the cfp if they win out). I think chances of there not being enough eligible teams to fill the bowls are high, but two in a row on the road? I can't see it until it happens-given that MM has that many wins away from Folsom as CU coach in three years.

I suppose it's a somewhat different situation, but the venture into lower-tier post-season proved unfortunate for last year's basketball Buffs....

The extra 15? practices seem like it would help us, we've missed out on those for 7 straight years!

we are winning our last 2 games. we're going to some bowl game in some obscure location with no direct flights. i am going to go there, with a smile on my face, and watch us play in our first bowl game in a decade. that's what is going to happen.

and, best of all, haters are gonna hate. and i won't care.

we are ****ing overdue for some football joy. i'm going to be irrationally exuberant when it happens.

we are winning our last 2 games. we're going to some bowl game in some obscure location with no direct flights. i am going to go there, with a smile on my face, and watch us play in our first bowl game in a decade. that's what is going to happen.

and, best of all, haters are gonna hate. and i won't care.

we are ****ing overdue for some football joy. i'm going to be irrationally exuberant when it happens.
**** it i'll drink to that!

you are just a bitter **** aren't you
Big ****ing Jim...

hqdefault.jpg

The extra 15? practices seem like it would help us, we've missed out on those for 7 straight years!
True, and it can't hurt recruiting. If in fact we win the last 2 games, that in itself is evidence of significant improvement and bowl-worthiness (based on current bowl-eligibility standards).

What do you call a team that goes 8-4 and goes to a bowl? A bowl team
What do you call a team that goes 6-6 and goes to a bowl? A bowl team
What do you call a team that goes 6-7 and goes to a bowl? A bowl team

This is the best news I've heard in weeks even if unconfirmed. It is a long shot, but at least something to hope for going into tomorrow's game. Why not? Karma has to change eventually... Right?

This is the best news I've heard in weeks even if unconfirmed. It is a long shot, but at least something to hope for going into tomorrow's game. Why not? Karma has to change eventually... Right?

It would mean we would have to win two more games so we would be sitting at 6-7 to end the regular season. I would take that record and whatever comes with it in a heartbeat.

I think we have a chance.
Utah is hurting, injury-wise, and WSU is WAY improved, but still not great.

With the emergence of Apsay's passing game, we will see a more wide open field. His actually hitting the short routes allows
for plays to open up deep and also opens the run game.

If he can get some protection, we might see something happen.

fletch-mr-o.gif

I heard a rumor that 5-8 teams may still be allowed in bowls, as long as there aren't enough 6-7 teams to go around.

Back